Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

R.I.P. Dapper Dans

Today JHM has an article about the Dapper Dan's Final performance on Wednesday.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1911

Were any of you there? Did anyone get a video of this and can you post it?

This is a sad, sad day. They were a class act and will be sorely missed.

Re: R.I.P. Dapper Dans

Thanks for the link. They will be missed.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Will the "new" Dapper Dan's receive a warm welcome when they start performing? Or will they get the "cold shoulder" from the traditionalists?

It's not their fault that the long-timers were replaced...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    Will the "new" Dapper Dan's receive a warm welcome when they start performing? Or will they get the "cold shoulder" from the traditionalists?

It's not their fault that the long-timers were replaced...
    The vast majority of people won't even know.
    Mike

• Know More Than You Should

There's always a risk of this when you follow Disneyland rumors...but I'm a tad bit confused about Wednesday being their last performance.

Now as you'll recall they were originally scheduled to have their last day on March 25th...

And MousePlanet posted this on Monday:

Quote Originally Posted by MousePlanet

The Dapper Dans End and Continue

Word came out last week about the final outcome of the auditions for a new cast of Dapper Dans at Disneyland. Although all of the existing Dapper Dans had been invited to reaudition for the new group, only one of the current regulars was offered any kind of continuing position with the group, and that only as a substitute for the regular players. An entirely new crew of regulars has been cast and will make their first on-stage appearances around the beginning of May (following a few weeks of rehearsals). The current group will see their last performance on April 8 later this week (they were extended from their original last day of March 25).
    We don't yet know what performance changes, if any, are in store for the Dapper Dans as they continue with these new members. We've also heard rumor that such reauditions will now be a regular part of being a Dapper Dan, one source suggested they might happen as frequently as annually. If true, then the 20+ year tenure of some performers have almost certainly become an artifact of the past.

So I supppose my question is...are they still performing this week or was Wednesday really it? Are they listed on park schedules for this weekend?

(On a personal note, I hope MP was correct because I'm going to DL tomorrow and would love to see them one last time. )

I'm calling Guest Relations to find out. I'm on hold right now...which is awesome because the hold music is from Disneyland. Right now its the underscore from Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.

I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Guest Relations wasn't sure about the current status of the Dans, but acording to them the Dans ARE on the park schedule for this weekend, Friday and Saturday, so perhaps MP was right after all.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    I'm calling Guest Relations to find out. I'm on hold right now...which is awesome because the hold music is from Disneyland. Right now its the underscore from Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters.

I'll keep you posted.
    Club 33.. w00t! w00t! Let us know. I the Dapper Dans!

So, to repeat my previous post...the Dans are on the park schedule for this weekend, today and tommorrow, and therefore should be performing (after all, the schedule is just for this weekend so why would they print the Dans on it otherwise?).

I will be bringing my trusty videocamera with me and I will be videotaping the Dans at least once, possibly twice, all the way through.

the Dans ARE on the park schedule for this weekend, Friday and Saturday, so perhaps MP was right after all.
    I was in the Park on yesterday, 4-6-06, and the Dans were still there (I didn't hear them sing) in the morning.
    Former Submarine Voyage CM 1994-1995

Maybe not all four of those who were there on Wednesday will be there this weekend. I know they have some substitues.

Is there a Dapper Dan enthusiast that has the Shave & A Haircut CD? I really want one a copy of the music and I can't find the CD anywhere. I already have the LIVE CD. Disneyland doesn't carry Shave & A Haircut anymore. I've emailed the Dapper Dans, gotten no response, can't find it on ebay or anywhere online. I found a website (harmonize.com) that says you can send a check to get one, so I did, but now that they are done performing together, I don't know that I'll even get it.

• Lowering Expectations

I will be bringing my trusty videocamera with me and I will be videotaping the Dans at least once, possibly twice, all the way through.
    And I presume you'll be sharing this with us?
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    And I presume you'll be sharing this with us?
    You presume correctly. The video should be up on the 'net within a week or two, depending on how much time I have to edit it. I may try to edit several performances together, I'm not sure. Either way, the Dans will be captured.

• Lowering Expectations

Thank you very much. That will definitely be something I want to see.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Glad to hear it. By the way, I called Guest Relations again (I LOVE that hold music! its was Remember When, then Steamboat Willie from Toontown, then Roger Rabbit's CarTOON Spin, then 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea) and found out the times the Dapper Dans will be performing.

For Saturday, they are:

10:00am
    11:00am
    12:00pm
    1:00pm
    2:30pm
    4:30pm
    5:30pm

I'll be leaving at 10:00am tomorrow, so I'll probably enter Dl around 11:15. I'll probably try and catch the 1:00pm show (I always have lunch at the Plaza Inn so I'll be close) and the 5:30 show. Incidentally, I also plan to shoot the Fantasyland Dark Rides, the Jungle Cruise, Innoventions, the Haunted Mansion, and the Fireworks, among other things.

But I digress.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Note, the group perfoms both Today and Tomorrow, with some of the "main" 4 members, but with some subs.

Then the Dapper Dans wil go on a three week hiatus, while a new group begins rehersals backstage.

Then the "Dapper Dans" will return with new members, with a style described as "In Your Face", with less guest interaction, and more basic singing... Not sure if it even will be barbershop quartet.

I can tell you that all 4 "main" members, Shelby, Bob, Bill and Jim do want to thank you for all your support and well wishes the last couple of months, and throughout their performing at the park.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast