Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ride/land Ideas That You Would Add To Disney

Why not just create Narnia, and you could visit all of the Villians in the White Witch's castle. You could throw in some othere rides based on the different creatures and such from the movie.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Nah, I think it sucks. First off, many different attractions already feature scary rides and villains, ie: Snow White, Pinnochio, etc. And to create a land that glorifies all the other attractions in the park doesn't make it sense.

A new, creative, original, non-movie tied land would be best. Maybe a land that features the seven wonders of the world or something?
    I think VillainsLand has very good potential. And why does it matter if they are already on different rides?

I don't think there is a Yzma attraction or a Maleficent ride, don't just bash the idea down, look at film freak's ideas before you start bashing.

• Banned User

ok, it'll be fine, but i think its a little too much, I just want to see that castle in Villan's Vale!

• Long Distance Imagineer

Is this a thread just for the Villian's Vale, or can we bring up other lands?

It would be nice at Christmastime to have a land (or at least an attraction) based on the North Pole in the Santa Clause movies.

I'd also like Disney to bring back some of the classes that used to be offered at Disney Institute at WDW, like the Animation classes and Imagineering classes. If they put these within the parks themselves instead of having them in a separate location (like it was at WDW), it would be much more successful than it was.

• The Twilight Zone

i like the idea of the animation and imagineering they would maybe add the imagineering to the animation studio at disney california adventure as they already have an animation class but nice thought
    and the picture of the castle of villian vale it not that good

i started to draw out what the rides could look like i may make a 3denmensional model of one of the rides

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    I think VillainsLand has very good potential. And why does it matter if they are already on different rides?

I don't think there is a Yzma attraction or a Maleficent ride, don't just bash the idea down, look at film freak's ideas before you start bashing.
    Wow, not bashing, just criticizing the idea for its lack of creativeness. All this land does is limit the number of creations Imagineers could think of for attractions. Many people complain (and I am one of them) that Disney is just focusing on making attractions with Disney movie tie ins, instead of thinking outside of the box and creating fantastic attractions like, Soarin', Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Pirates (which is unfortunately being executed as I speak).

Why does it matter that other rides already exist? Because it renders those rides pointless and creates flaws in the theme. This is the exact reason why some do not like California Adventure. So that's why it matters.

• Hooterville, USA

Villain's Land where Toontown is now.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• The Fantasyland guy

you would get rid of Toontown? There are lots of people who love ToonTown. (I am one of them.)

now if you where refering to Toontown fair in the MK in WDW... then that would be ok, but DL? (Just my opionion..)

• Banned User

Mathius, I respect your opinion but I hihly disagree with you. A villain 'land' has so much potential...Cruella's Mansion, Maleficent's Forbidden Mountain, Captain Hook's ship (like the old one that use to be at FL) and Skull Rock, Ursula's home, The Cave of Wonders possibly, The White Witch's castle- there's a lot of potential. Don't just say no to an idea, you'll find a lot of people on MC actuallty really like an idea for a villain land

• ...TWO BITS!

In a latter post, I stated I now dislike the idea of adding another land to Disneyland. Instead, I would put Valley of Villainy in a new 3rd park (I know, fix the current DLR first, but pretend that's fixed). Someone mentioned before probably having a Disney version of Universal's "Islands of Adventure". So I thought maybe have a "Journey of Discovery" with Valley of Villainy, Pirate's Cove or Cannibal Cove (POTC films & Neverland), Mermaid Lagoon, Land of Narnia, etc. Maybe theme park rights to The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Just all brainstorming right now, haven't made a final decision for myself.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• LoisAlene

Put Villains over at DCA. It would take a lot of space to do the villains properly and where better than all that wasted space across the esplinade?
    I'd love to see a Villians Castle and all the bad guys that come with the title.

Of course that would mean changing a Lot at DCA. Thank badness!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    The Cave of Wonders possibly
    Geenie and Carpet are bad guys? I'll admit Geenie did some rotten stuff, but that's part of the whole geenie gig, he has a master.

Jafar would be extremely hard to place in a villian land. He worked inside the Sultan's palace. Maybe the dark version when it was on the hill, but it was still the Sultan's.

• The Twilight Zone

i wouldnt really fit well in dca b/c itts based on california if it was to be placed somewhere maybe disney magi kingdom b/c theres room there

• Minion

Talking Re: Ride/land Ideas That You Would Add To Disney

How about another attraction for DCA? It would go in and around Grizzly River Rapids. It would be called something like "Escape from Grizzly Peak" or something. The concept is simple. Use the same hydrolics technology as you do with the Indiana Jones Adventure, only it's outdoors and youre trying to get back down the mountain before the grizzly bear gets you. It would be a really cool off road adventure with falling rocks, trees, splashing through a river, going through tunnels and eventually trapping the bear in an old mine before you make it to safety. I think it's a pretty cool idea, although it may be too ambitious for DCA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12