Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Disappointment in Disneyland Security(Bag Checks)

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Who? Me. I'm guessing Morrigoon too.

Sorry, but violating people's privacy won't keep you safe.

And I don't want to submit to searches to keep you, and others who feel the same as you, feeling warm and fuzzy and allow you to PRETEND that you're safer because of them. I value my rights more than that.
    Well we could always have the Der Fuehrer's Face ride. But at Disneyland, this is no rights issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Well we could always have the Der Fuehrer's Face ride. But at Disneyland, this is no rights issue.
    That is a great cartoon, I just watched it as part of my History of the Holocaust class. Great work, great work!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Yeah, so, I'm gonna quit the political debate right now. This is a Disneyland thread, and Disneyland it should be. Bash me all you want, it's all good.

Sorry All

I'll leave it with a parting phrase...
    "Weapons and Alcohol"
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Niyxstyx
    The worst Terrorist attack we had before 9/11 was from an American in an American Government Building. There would be nothing to stop somebody from driving a U-Haul packed with TNT in front of a potential target and blowing it up. The trouble is here, not there.

As a student of history, I totally agree that we cannot pull out of Iraq. But it's time we realize we cannot win either. There is no enemy here. We pulled the same lame act that Britain did when they conquered Iraq the first time, and the Iraqis don't want it again. What we need to do is get the world involved. Let them know they sat back and let genocide happen and force them to take their share of the responsibility.

But we cannot finish what we set out to do, it's like a hydra, for every insurgent we get rid of, two more appear, and the population is getting madder and madder. I am not dumb enough to say we need to pull out completely, but we need to admit we need help. I support our troops more than anyone I know, I support them enough to oppose our president, which anyone who supports our troops should be smart enough to do.

I don't speak on behalf of someone who even thinks they have the slightest idea of what a terrorist thinks, but I speak as a concerned citizen of the United States of America. I see the vulnerablities, and I pride myself on my use of logic. What I have stated seems the most logical, history has proven it true.
    You make a good point, but you said you are against our President, so that probably means your a Democrat, so of course we'll have our different views, but good reason nontheless.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Who? Me. I'm guessing Morrigoon too.

Sorry, but violating people's privacy won't keep you safe.

And I don't want to submit to searches to keep you, and others who feel the same as you, feeling warm and fuzzy and allow you to PRETEND that you're safer because of them. I value my rights more than that.
    And if you would listen to me, you would realise that I have been saying all day long that Disney should bump up their security so that we DON'T HAVE TO PRETEND to be safe....we are INDEED safe. Get my point? I value my rights just as much as you value yours. I'm sure a great Disney fan like yourself wouldn't mine seeing security bag checks around if they actually were organized enough to actually be a very useful tool for the Resort. Right now, I'll admit, it SUCKS. They don't even really go through anything and I think this is where a lot of arguements come from- because the bag check really IS USELESS as of now, but it doesn't have to be now does it if Disney would make them better.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Niyxstyx
    Yeah, so, I'm gonna quit the political debate right now. This is a Disneyland thread, and Disneyland it should be. Bash me all you want, it's all good.

Sorry All

I'll leave it with a parting phrase...
    "Weapons and Alcohol"
    I'm not here to bash, Niyxstyx (sorry if I sounded like I was). I just happen to like the purpose of a 'bag check.'

• враг народа

Blog Entries

A Disney Dreamer, political affiliation has nothing to do with this. Also, what measures must be taken so that we are indeed safe?

A Disney Dreamer, political affiliation has nothing to do with this. Also, what measures must be taken so that we are indeed safe?
    Honestly if I was to be blunt, I would say nothing. No one can ever be truly safe, you can get hit by a car three feet from your front door.

I would feel pretty secure in saying that I think you are just fine at Disneyland, what you have to be worried about, looking at Disneyland's past, is guns and knives. The bag checks do a pretty good job at taking care of that.

I would just say, don't worry, have fun!

Oh yeah, I wasn't directing the bashing statement toward anyone in particular, it was just a general statement. I harbor no bad feelings toward anyone, I have fun discussing viewpoints, it's great!

DoppelV

• Banned User

There are plenty of measures that can be taken:

• Bump up security at the bag check points
    • Add more security guards INSIDE DL and DCA (but having a formal uniform which makes them look like janitors)
    • Have more guards around the Harbor entrance and M and F entrance (again very simple uniforms so it wouldn't upset guests)
    • Maybe have metal detectors (what harm could they do?) at the bag check and a smaller version of the airport bag scanner (I think if they did this instead of human hand checking each bag, it would go A LOT faster)
    • Make the Mickey and Friends parking lot structure safer and have more guards on EACH level AT night (when I went last time to the resort, there was NO ONE on the Donald level [we could have got robbed so easily]
    That's what I would like to see happen; I believe Disney is already doing this, but I just say bump up it a bit more- I really would though (like as a first step) see more guards INSIDE the M and F parking structure (there is NOBODY there when its 1 o'clock in the morning - it was creepy!).

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    ...snip

In the end, we have to decide just how much of the American way of life we're willing to sacrifice out of fear. Bush loves to talk about how they "hate our freedom" and want to take it from us. The honest truth is, we're GIVING UP freedoms left and right. Sure, a bag check seems a minor thing... when it's just one. But pile up the collective hassle of every security measure that's come about since 9/11 and you can see that our very way of life has changed dramatically since 9/11, even without further domestic attacks. The terrorists are winning - they're scaring us into changing our way of life.

I can't stand that.

That's why I hate the bag checks. If I thought they would work, that'd be another thing, but to impose something so completely ineffectual, such an incredible hassle that it dampens my Disneyland experience and makes me question whether I *really* feel like going to the park that day (yes, the fact that it takes half an hour to get in and out seriously affects how often I go)... and all for NOTHING... you can't ask me to accept that smilingly and thank them for making people who don't know any better feel safer when they aren't.

We are no safer than we were before 9/11, just more afraid.
    Right on sister, right on!

Now, get out he shovel!

CU@DL

Andy

Screening, "reading" the *people* entering Disney is more effective at picking out bad guys. Somebody out to cause trouble is going to have different body language than someone just out to have a fun day.

There- safe (corrected, as safe as we can likely expect without a totalitarian, Big Brother kind of place), and we get to keep our privacy.

This does require more guards, plain clothes if you like, and definitely requires training. Lots of training. But I think that would be the best plan. Any effective screening plan would be seriously obnoxious, as well as incredibly slow, given the sheer numbers of people visiting DL.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567