Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Walt A Head Of His Time!

Smile 15 Tickets and 1 was an "A"

Were we the only family that never ran out of tickets when Disneyland had ticketbooks. My sister and I were talking about this yesterday. We would each have a big 15 ticket book with A through E tickets and That ticket book would last all day and we never felt like we were limited of what we could do. Then the amazing thing was we would bring unused tickets home.

Now I was a rider, I didn't like the shows and the parades were okay, I went to Disneyland to ride rides! So it is a mystery to me why my tickets were not gone in the first 2 hours.

I never stood around the attractions with a cardboard sign that read "Need Tickets Please help", "Will work for an E", "Bored I]ll even take an A" never happened"!

I was no rebel and there is no way I would have tried to sneak on without a ticket as the thought of being thrown into Disneyland prison and never be allowed back was a real fear. So I followed the rules. If a cast member would forget to take my ticket now that was a true gift from God. I would be a nervous wreck until I got on the ride! I just knew that the CMs were going to catch me "We found him, Call security, right here is the sneaker-oner and look at this - 15 tickets still in the book! kid you make me sick you're going down!" Luckily that never happend, gives me the shivers now, just thinking about it! I think cast members were much tougher back then, I guess they had to be, proof that history repeats itself, today it is Al Quida back then it was sneaker-oners!

I guess just maybe 15 tickets is all anyone really needs when they go to Disneyland? Hmm, do any of you old people reading this have this memory of 15 ticket abundance? What about you people who could only afford the 12 ticket book, how embarrassing that must have been, have you got past the pain? Please tell me there is no one who had to endure just a general admission ticket! If there are any left, who would admit it. What about the punks, you know who you are the sneaker-oners do you feel guilty now, can you sleep at night?

Thanks, I never post, this is why!

• Northwest Disneyphile

Re: 15 Tickets and 1 was an "A"

Quote Originally Posted by XSub-Captain
    What about you people who could only afford the 12 ticket book, how embarrassing that must have been, have you got past the pain? Please tell me there is no one who had to endure just a general admission ticket! If there are any left, who would admit it. What about the punks, you know who you are the sneaker-oners do you feel guilty now, can you sleep at night?
    I don't know what I just read, but I think it was filled with sarcasm ( I hope)
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• Defeats the Huns

I guess just maybe 15 tickets is all anyone really needs when they go to Disneyland? Hmm, do any of you old people reading this have this memory of 15 ticket abundance? What about you people who could only afford the 12 ticket book, how embarrassing that must have been, have you got past the pain? Please tell me there is no one who had to endure just a general admission ticket! If there are any left, who would admit it. What about the punks, you know who you are the sneaker-oners do you feel guilty now, can you sleep at night?

Making fun of the people who you are trying to get a response from probably isn't the best idea...

i must say this was a weird post.. but thanks for sharing.
    I'm so glad they got rid of the ticket books -- think of how expensive each ticket book will be now if they were still around!!

• Drunk On Disney

I never went to a Disney park when they had ticket books. I do wonder what that would have been like.

Choosing rides based on what tickets you have might have taken some of the fun out of it.

• The Fantasyland guy

My dad worked on Matterhorn. Every time I got in line when he was working, he would hand me the entire stack when I got to him atthe front of the line.

As a kid, I never had a ticket problem. Good life lesson huh?

I don't remember running out either. I do remember my parents taking their time getting there, and being ready to leave at dinner time ("We're not paying THESE prices to eat"). I'm sure the fact that we only spent 5 or 6 hours in the park, max, helped with the "not running out" thing.

I thought your post was hilarious! I enjoyed it.

When I first went to the parks, they were making the transition to passports. While you could still buy tickets, I have never ever used one.

If a cast member ever forgets to take my fastpass I will certainly not feel guilty about using it later.

• Rock Star Minion

I wish I had a time travel machine.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• My Children's Father

I remember always having excess A's and B's, and having to buy more E's and even D's
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

the first time i went to disneyland they still had the tickets. my dad bought 4 ticket books and we rode all the rides but my brother was in love with pirates and snow white and he would ride them over and over again. funny he was only 4 at the time... anyway i remember my dad buying extra strips of tickets not whole books, and the cm told him they would be good for any of the rides. now i am dating myself but we went the first year they had the electrical parade. I remember it was in the summer and they had the parade throughout the park and then the fireworks. and we stayed at one of the small little strip hotels that no longer exist. because it was too expensive to stay at the DL hotel.

I miss the tickets!!!!

I really enjoyed having to make choices. I also really enjoyed talking my parents out of their E-Tickets so that I could go on Space Mt again!!!!

The tickets really forced you to try all sorts of different attractions, not just the E-ticket rides.
    The Mur

• I'm your huckleberry.

What about you people who could only afford the 12 ticket book, how embarrassing that must have been, have you got past the pain?
    Yes, it was embarassing. Humiliating in fact. You 15 ticket people used to look down your noses at us as if were weren't fit to step foot in the park, let alone use our scant D-tickets to enjoy an attraction. Oh, no, we were relegated to the lousy A-ticket attractions.... where of course the richie richsters would never be seen. Oh, the humanity of it all!

No thanks to you I'm now re-living the horror of my impovrished childhood. I'm going to have to buy some Starbucks, waste gas in my SUV and go to Disneyland just for a churro so I can remind myself that I am now firmly ensconced in the middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Mechavalon

Somewhere between here and there, but not too far from Disneyland!

er.. tickets.. um.. you're all old... he he!
    -Mechavalon

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechavalon
    er.. tickets.. um.. you're all old... he he!
    You know you remember tickets!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Mechavalon

Somewhere between here and there, but not too far from Disneyland!

Talking Re: 15 Tickets and 1 was an "A"

Just cause the oldest guy at my office gave me a pack he got when he was a kid doesn't mean I remember them... I'm not that old... they are just a relic to me!
    -Mechavalon

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast