Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• wasting time

Sorry dude but Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters officially opened, regardless of whether or not the "Happiest Homecomings On Earth" celebration has begun. Sorry but it IS officially open. The soft openings are over.

• Inappropriate

It's true, even on the Disneyland website, the ride is open. What ISN'T open on the ride is the online playing ability, but the ride officially opened March 17th

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• wasting time

The online feature will 'premiere' in June
    (one month after the 50th celebration begins).

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    At the grand opening of POTC, they had a show of a battle between soldiers and pirates with people walking off the plank of the Sailing Ship Columbia. You can see it on the Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Paerl DVD.
    Interesting to note also on that same Dvd and seen they show the entrance as one flat area, lines from the bottom to the top. No walking bridge as well.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Interesting to note also on that same Dvd and seen they show the entrance as one flat area, lines from the bottom to the top. No walking bridge as well.
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. Does anyone know the story behind that? As far as the Haunted Mansion is concerned, I havent seen any "official" opening parties but I do remember a "Wonderful World of Disney" special with the Osmonds, Kurt Russell and a female singer whose name escapes me at the moment. I believe it was entitled "Showtime at Disneyland" or something of that sorts.The whole show is about Donny trying to ride the Haunted Mansion and towards the end of the show Kurt gives the viewers a behind the scenes look at the attraction itself. It ends with a kind of cheesy view of the Mansion and all these flying sheets (ghosts) on bikes riding towards it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

For anyone who has seen the POTC opening, on the ship...is it just me or do one of the ladies look like Monica Lewinsky?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. Does anyone know the story behind that?
    The entrance used to be simply sloped up to the front doors. Many years later, they built the bridge and new que area.

Zorro: you're recalling "Disneyland Showtime", aired in 1970. The female singer was E.J. Peaker, who had a very brief career being blonde in the late sixties, and then later being a frightened mother in several b-grade horror flicks.

The show that introduced the POTC was "From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow" in 1967. It shows the pirates taking over the Columbia, looting and pilaging, and then storming the entrance to POTC. And you're right, it was entirely flat at the time; no slope at all. They added the ramp and all that later to fix problems with the way the queue tended to make it difficult for people to walk through the area.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Rides against injustice

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    Zorro: you're recalling "Disneyland Showtime", aired in 1970. The female singer was E.J. Peaker, who had a very brief career being blonde in the late sixties, and then later being a frightened mother in several b-grade horror flicks.

The show that introduced the POTC was "From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow" in 1967. It shows the pirates taking over the Columbia, looting and pilaging, and then storming the entrance to POTC. And you're right, it was entirely flat at the time; no slope at all. They added the ramp and all that later to fix problems with the way the queue tended to make it difficult for people to walk through the area.

Thanx for the info. I knew her name started with E.J. or P.J. And she shows off some of her acting chops in that show too. Her exagerrated fright while on the Haunted Mansion is unintentionally hilarious.

When they opened the new Alice in Wonderland in 1984, they put on a live show to go with the opening ceremony including musical numbers. There was live music (played by live musicians) and a whole bunch of characters. I remember there were a bunch of marching cards which ended up spread out all over in front of the attraction, it looked great. Kathryn Beaumont (Alice's original voice) made an appearance, and a balloon sculpture went up--red and white balloons in the shape of a heart with the word "Alice" in the middle. It was really nice.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    grand openings need to be grander, imo. that's what i miss about the old disney channel- they would televise those great grand opening parties as well as all the old promotions for the park.
    If you ask me, this is one of the reasons why attendance has been down at the parks... It isn't all terrorism and war time fears...
    Check out my other blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix
    When they opened the new Alice in Wonderland in 1984, they put on a live show to go with the opening ceremony including musical numbers. There was live music (played by live musicians) and a whole bunch of characters. I remember there were a bunch of marching cards which ended up spread out all over in front of the attraction, it looked great. Kathryn Beaumont (Alice's original voice) made an appearance, and a balloon sculpture went up--red and white balloons in the shape of a heart with the word "Alice" in the middle. It was really nice.

Sounds pretty cool. I wonder if any of the other Fantasyland attractions received this much attention when Fantasyland re-opened?

And for those of you are are talking about The Wonderful World of Disney's episode about The Haunted Mansion and The Osmond Brothers, you can get a copy of the dvd here - http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/

• Rainicorn.

Does anyone remember what they did for Indy back in '95? I remember getting handed one of those translator cards... and watching a million specials on the Disney Channel, lol.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Confuzled Woozle

if u have the potc dvd they have the opening of the ride as a special feature

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12