Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confirm Peter Pan's Flight History

I'm doing a presentation on darkrides and it would be great if someone could confirm this info.

I know that when Snow White's Adventures opened Snow was nowhere to be seen in the attraction. Was this the same case with Pan? Any reply ASAP would be great!

• It's all nonsense

I've never heard this. But don't you only see snow white once during the ride? You're supposed to 'be' snow white. But PPF just seems like you are observing.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

In the beginning, it was just called Peter Pan until the 1983 Fantasyland Rennovation and was renamed Peter Pan's Flight and some of the pieces of the Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship resteraunt were put into the attraction.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Merry 2014!

I don't remember what the first PPf was like. As far as observing in PPF, I think YOu are supposed to be "tagging" along with Peter and the Darling Children.
    Absent Snow White is true. I remember being confused as a kid as to why Snow White wasn't present; I didn't get that I was Snow experiencing her adventures. Have you checked out Yesterland web site? that might be helpful.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't there always ben the scene in Peter Pan where he's battling Captain Hook, and the scene where he is steering the boat? I know these scenes have always been in the Florida version (opened in 71), and that the Florida version was largely based on the original 55 version. I could be wrong, but maybe that will steer you in the right direction.

Cris

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

At the begining, the characters were not in the attractions becasue the people at WED wanted YOU the guest to be the character. So, when you rode the attraction you were Snow or Pan. After the Fantasyland refurb. the characters were added!

I can confirm that:
    Spoiler
    Peter Pan's Flight IS MY FAVORITE RIDE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry,
    I had to do it.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Disney Blood Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen
    At the begining, the characters were not in the attractions becasue the people at WED wanted YOU the guest to be the character. So, when you rode the attraction you were Snow or Pan. After the Fantasyland refurb. the characters were added!
    That's very interesting! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Snow White still isn't in the ride until the very end. But you definately see Peter Pan a few times during the ride though.
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

• Disneyland Freak

I think I remember reading somewhere that all Fantasyland dark rides were in the "first person" and it was on the 83 refurbs that the characters were added.

And to correct you, Snow White can be seen inside the Dwarves cottage on the stairs looking down on all of the dwarves (where Dopey stands on Sneezy's(?) shoulders).
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    I think I remember reading somewhere that all Fantasyland dark rides were in the "first person" and it was on the 83 refurbs that the characters were added.

And to correct you, Snow White can be seen inside the Dwarves cottage on the stairs looking down on all of the dwarves (where Dopey stands on Sneezy's(?) shoulders).
    Yes, she is in the first room and in the last room in that attraction.

• Disneyland Freak

^Last room? You mean where the witch dies (cuz she's not there) or are you talking about the painting in the unload area?
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Junior Senior

I just have to say, I love the name of this thread - it's like you're accidentally logged into Expedia as Peter Pan and he ran off right before confirming his flight to London or something.

Man I'm a nerd.

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

She is in the first scene on the stairs ONLY. She is not at the end unless you count the painting at the end of the attraction. Now, in WDW (I LOVE their version) she is in a LOT of scenes. There is also the final scene of the Prince kissing Snow White. It is AWESOME! But, yes she is only in one scene and it is in the very begining!

• Minion

In the orginal version of Peter Pan Flight, Peter Pan did not make an appearance, only his shadow and voice "Come on everybody here we go." the rest was a "first person" experience (there was no pirate ship fight scene or flying home scene). TinkerBell, however, did have a major role in the original and zoomed around in the sky over London, buzzing like a motorized firefly - - I miss her!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by DustMeUpTink
    That's very interesting! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Snow White still isn't in the ride until the very end.
    I'm fairly sure that Snow White is at the start on the left hand side when you first go in now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast