Making of Disneyland Rides

After watching Expedition Everest on the Travel channel last night I started thinking about shows that explain the creation of the Disneyland rides. I have seen the making of Pirates on the pirates DVD.
    I was wondering if there was a compilation DVD about a different rides in the park including the ideas and detail that went into them.

This one time on Friends . . .

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Making of Disneyland Rides

I know the Travel Channel does shows from time to time, but mostly focus on updates at a particular Theme Park. They have done a few that concentrated on several new rides, but this is the first time I have seen one that is going to be over four nights, on four channels.

Last night was on the Travel Channel and it covered the background trip that Joe Rodhe (creative head of AK Imagineering and designer and creator of the ride) on his, and other Imagineers, who spent 3 months in Tibet researching the legend of the Yeti.

Tonight (Monday) part 2 will be on The Science Channel at 6 and 9pm will be on the actual construction of the attraction.

Wednesday Part 3 will be on the Disceover Channel and all I know is that it has the same title as the one tonight, the construction of a Thril Ride at Animal Kingdom.

Part 4 will be on Saturday night on Animal Planet and will be a two hour special on Search for the Yeti. It doesn't seem to have anything about the attraction in it, but who knows.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 04-10-2006 at 07:11 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• For You!

I want to be an imagineer!!! How could would that be to travel the world to get inspiration!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

I did not know that there was more I better set my TiVo, I just loved last nights.

ooh! i saw it on the travel channel! it was so cool to see all the inspiration that took place inorder to make the ride! i luv disney rides they don't compare to others! better set my dvr today!

• Koubu Pilot

If there's a particular attraction you miss (like the People Mover and classic Subs), try www.extinctattractionsclub.com They make their own documentaries on attractions no longer at Disneyland. They started a series on the Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor. They also have some Disney World (like If You Had Wings and Horizons) as well as other stuff like Kingdom of the Dinosaurs at Knott's Berry Farm. Their DVDs have been getting better since they interview former imagineers (like Bob Gurr, Rolly Crump, Alice Davis, X Atencio, etc) and cover the attraction's life. They also have ride throughs. Maybe you'll find something interesting there.

Please note the edit to my previous post with the days for watching the Expidition Everest. There is no show on Tuesday, it's on Wednesday instead. I don't want anyone to mis set there TVIOs. Again, I am not sure if ttonights making of will be the same show on Wednesday, or some kind of different show. The guide for tonight doesn't mention it being Part 1 or 2, so I just don't know.

Thank You Poisonedapples

According to what I found out the Building a Thrill ride on the science and discovery channel are the same. And it shows about 3 more time just in case you missed it.
    Also the search for the Yeti is Corwin's quest it does not have anything to do with the ride but looks great now that I am interested in the Himalayas. Thanks to Disney!

I thought the Building A Thrill Ride was very good. Makes me want to see this incredible piece of Imagineering in person. I know, from reading the posts on the WDW thread, that a lot of people in Florida are already complaining about things. It isn't long enough. We've seen this before. Things like that. Are we Disney Fans getting so spoiled that even when they build an attraction of this size and beauty, detail so fantastic that the queue line makes you feel like you are in Tibet, and a 14 foot A/A that is the biggest and fastest in the WORLD! that we are not satisfied. If only we could get that ride out here. It's a shame that Disney Theme Park fans have become this jaded. I know Joe Rodhe personally and he a very hard working guy and one of the funniest people I have ever met. I know he put his heart and soul into this attraction and I think people should be more appreciative of it instead of whining and complaining 5 minutes after the ride is opened. It's just a bloody shame.

Thank You Poisonedapples