• Use the Force

JediMasterBelle's Trip Report

Whew! Back to work after a fun-filled Disneyland Weekend!

Arrived in Long Beach on Friday AM. Flew JetBlue for the first time and LOVED it! Will definitely fly with them again!

Went to the Carousel Inn. Friendly staff, but had minor trauma with our rooms. The first night we had a busload of high-school kids above us making TONS of noise till the wee hours. We called to complain and then the noise got worse! Oh, and no hot water, either. We moved rooms and the next room was nice, except when we got back to our room Sunday night we'd had no maid service! So we had to call at midnight for towels. They ended up taking $40 off our rate, and not charging us for the first night (We'd made our reservations for Thurs night so we could check in at 7 am Friday), so all in all it was a great deal, the staff was nice and the second room was quite nice, so we made our reservations for our July trip and they gave us the same rate.

Disneyland was awesome. There were no crowds Friday or Sunday, but Saturday was fairly busy and Monday was a zoo!!

Took the MiceChatters advice and had breakfast at the Carnation. Loved it! Had the Croissant Benedict. MMM! It was our first time eating there and we'll definitely do it again! Especially after a particularly bad breakfast at Mimi's, which we usually love.

Got to see a fun Musical Chairs game with Alice and the Mad Hatter and Wendy and Tweedle Dee at the Coke Corner, where our favorite pianist was playing. It was a riot! The Mad Hatter made a particularly wicked joke which only the adults present got. After asking one of the kids where she was from (Idaho) he asked Alice to say where the girl was from. Obviously this has happened before, and Alice kept saying no. Finally he wore her down and Alice goes "Okay, fine. Idaho." and the Hatter says "Of course you are, dear." And all of the adults laughed (some didn't and looked aghast) but we thought it was funny!

I was terribly disappointed with Rancho del Zocalo. They got rid of my favorite fish tacos! How RUDE! *sigh* Those were the best fish tacos ever.

Went on the Haunted Mansion and didn't notice anything different except the attic scene. I refrained from reading anything about it, so now I'll have to go read the threads and see if there was other stuff that we didn't notice!

The Matterhorn was down Sunday night when we went to go on it, so we didn't get to do that (we only do the Matterhorn at night. one of our weird quirks!) That's what you get for waiting till the last night!

Went on Space Mountain and sat in the front for the first time. Woo hoo, that is a totally different ride in the front. It was awesome!

Saw Billy Hill twice, once with our favorite main Billy (and they played 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia' Woot!) and once with another main Billy that did a pretty good job!

Sad that Pirates was down, of course. We're planning to go to the event on July 6th, so that should be fun. I'm still torn about the whole thing, so we'll see! (that's all I'm going to say about that!)

So, to wrap up it was a very fun trip. The weather held out and it was nice the whole trip. A little chilly at night, but other than that, mostly sunny skies (I got a nice little sunburn on my nose and cheeks), the crowds were surprisingly thin and the CM's seemed super super nice this trip. We didn't have one bad CM experience, in fact, everyone was super nice and helpful. (A big thanks to the lady at the Clothier's shop that helped me look through every single Mickey Hawaiian shirt to find the one with the car on the front)

Can't wait for July!! Oh, and for the record, the people I work with think I'm nuts. When I got back they asked where I went and when I told them Disneyland they all go "AGAIN? Didn't you just go in November?" And so I say yes, and we're going again in July" and they just look at me like I'm nuts.

They just don't get it. Poor people!
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

• Artsy Fartsy

Re: JediMasterBelle's Trip Report

Sounds like you had fun. I get the same looks when I tell people how often I go. but it makes us happy right? Thats all that matters. Again so glad you all had a great trip. Would like to see some pics, if you have any??

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Use the Force

I'll try to post some pics this weekend. My sis took some good ones.

Oh, and another cool thing? I FINALLY beat her at Buzz! okay, only by 100 points, but still.......I BEAT HER!

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: JediMasterBelle's Trip Report

Thanks for the trip[ report, JediMasterBelle! Looks like you had a fantastic time! Looking forward to the pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• white and nerdy

Sound fun... Us Utah disneyland fans need to suppor each other.

So, where are the photos?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Senior Minion

I know the feeling when it comes to coworkers "saying your going again?"
    Nice Trip report!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    Sound fun... Us Utah disneyland fans need to suppor each other.
    Amen to that one

and Jedi... I was there over the weekend as well.
    I kept looking for a Cheshire Cat Sweatshirt but didn't see you
    And if you thought Monday's crowds were bad, you should have been there yesterday. It was soo much worse than Monday. But, still fun none-the-less.
    All my co-workers have been asking about the trip as well. And when I tell them that I'm going back in September, they just roll their eyes.
    Glad you had such a fun time... I know we did!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Use the Force

Hey Disneyking!

I saw about a dozen Bob Marley shirts and thought that I might get some weird looks if I kept going up to Bob Marley shirted guys and going "Are you Disneyking?"

Glad you had a good trip! I thought the crowds would probably just get worse as the week went on.

Funny thing, we did fly JetBlue but we left Friday!

And Joshualee....

Yes, we really should have a club. UDF or UDA (Utah Disney Freaks or Utah Disney Addicts)

• Space Mountain Expert

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterBelle
    Hey Disneyking!

I saw about a dozen Bob Marley shirts and thought that I might get some weird looks if I kept going up to Bob Marley shirted guys and going "Are you Disneyking?"
    that's too funny. I'm glad you at noticed the Bob Marley shirts. Chances are, one of them was me
    Isn't flying into Long Beach just dreamy ~~~ it's the only way to go if you're going to Disneyland from SLC.
    again, glad you had a good trip!

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterBelle
    Yes, we really should have a club. UDF or UDA (Utah Disney Freaks or Utah Disney Addicts)
    Amen to that one as well!
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking