• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Food Inspection Reports

Dude you scare me. I swear to god I was thinking about this getting ready for work this morning, about food inspections at Dland and such then BAM you post this. Doo doo doo doo....

• The Fantasyland guy

I'm just glad that they called "club buzz" by the CORRECT name. (In their report it is labeled as "Tomorrowland Terrence")

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

None of those reports look too bad, if you have any one location in particular that you think needs more attention, mention it. I'm not going to spend an hour digging through all the Knotts eateries to find what you're talking about.

In the food service buisiness they can try for total perfection on their cleanliness but they'll go broke trying to achieve it. (They would spend all their labor hours cleaning instead of cooking and serving.) But there is a happy balance that has to be maintained. Been there, Done that.

Interesting that they still list the ABC Soap Opera Bistro, considering that it has been closed and the Kids show has been in there for a good two years. And someone please point out where the report for the DCA Boudin Bakery is...

The OC Health Site is a bit deficient, as you can't see the actual report text - they just flag the categories violated and rank them as major/minor, which does not tell the whole story. Looks like you have to file a records request form (FOIA) to see the whole text of the reports.

Some of the most serious health code violations (sewer failure, no potable water, no hot water, gross failure of refrigeration) usually call for a temporary closure of the facility and require a reinspect when ready to reopen, but I didn't see any evidence of this at DL/DCA.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• CM for 4 years!

I usually don't worry about a place unless they've been closed in the last 60 days, and I check that list regularly to be sure one of my favorite spots isn't on it. In LA County, I will never eat at a "B" facility (last time I did, I got horrible horrible food poisoning), but in Orange County, it's hard to tell what "rank" every restaurant gets.

And... I think I will all let you live in your ignorance, but ya'll haven't SEEN the sewage overflows I've seen. The kinds of things that would close other restaurants for days... and the managers just leave the Blue Bayou open and say, "Don't seat Table 81" or "walk around through the Diner while we get this cleaned up and try to keep it out of NOMK"
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Circle of Ancients

^^ Yeah, I didn't think the Disney ones were bad at all. And I agree, I wish they would be 'more' specific.

Regarding the Knott's ones:

Chicken Dinner Restauraunt:
    11/21/2005 - Major Violations: Unsanitary Utensil/Equipment Condition. Improper Holding Tempurature of Potentially Hazardous food. (Probably ... ummm ... Chicken)
    5/31/2005 - Major Violations: Improper Food Storage. Water Sanitizer Concentration/Method.

Ghost Town Grill:

11/21/2005 - Major Violations: Improper Holding Temperature of Potentially Hazardous Food (between 60F - 120F). Adulterated/Contaminated Food or Unapproved Food Source.
    5/24/2005 - Major Violations: Improper Holding Temperature of Potentially Hazardous Food (between 60F - 120F)

Wilderness Broiler

7/25/2005 - Major Violations: Hot Water (-<89F) not Available Throughout Facility. Lack of /Improper handwashing Procedures/Improper Glove Use/handsink not available

The only one regarding Disneyland that scared me was:

Hungry Bear - 7/12/2005 - VERMIN Other Vermin Activity in Critical Area

Of course that could be the Cats.

• CM for 4 years!

I would worry more about the IHOP right across the street from Knott's than Knott's itself. EWW!!

http://foodinspections.ocgov.com/clo...sortorder=desc
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot

Hungry Bear - 7/12/2005 - VERMIN Other Vermin Activity in Critical Area
    pfft.. those are the animatronic vermin installed to complete the theming of Critter Country.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd