Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

AP Renewels- Special Mickey AP or the regular one?

When I renewed my AP online, I had a choice of which kind of AP I wanted to get.
    I opted for this instead of this

only because I didn't know what the regular one looked like. After seeing the "regular" passport, I like it better than the "special" one.(I know...heresy) Too bad I didn't see them side-by-side at the online renewal before I ordered.

If you've re-upped on your AP lately, what kind of card did you opt for?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Senior Minion

Re: AP Renewels- Special Mickey AP or the regular one?

I have the last of the Tinkerbell -delaminating already style(Mail in) I would prefer to have the Mickey.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 04-12-2006 at 07:25 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Lowering Expectations

Haven't re-upped my AP, but I wasn't aware there was more than one choice of passport pic; I'd only seen the castle one. Actually, I think I like the Mickey one better.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Minion

Hey thanks for posting that! I was wondering not too long ago whether there was a new one or whether it was going to be Tinkerbell again for me. I have until October to decide, but I generally like things that emphasize the uniqueness of DisneyLAND -- the place -- that I love, so the one that features the castle more prominently gets my vote (No offense, Mickey. But you definitely get your share of exposure so you shouldn't feel bad). Do you know if either one of them has foil like the Tinkerbell one?
    That being said, I'd take a blank white one if it were a little thicker -- say like a credit card or like the APs of yore -- didn't delaminate, and didn't scratch easier than wax paper like the present ones do.
    My finger points.

• Lowering Expectations

I agree, the present AP's are way too thin, and they scratch easier than my iPod (now that's sensitive). As long as it gets me in the park, I suppose that's all that really matters. But if a mouse can be picky...
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Talking Re: AP Renewels- Special Mickey AP or the regular one?

Of coarse this would never happen...but if you were able to have a choice of your favorite Disney character on the back of your AP, that would be `the most'!! (figured I'd use an old school slang) What they'd only have to stock what, a couple thousand characters or so?!?! *snicker*

And to answer your question...Mickey > Tinkerbell in my rankings of characters, so Mickey it is.

• done

We got the Mickey ones, and we picked that knowing what the regular one looked like. The generic castle just seems boring to me. I need to have Mickey on my DLR AP! We got the special Tink one too, but I'm a little over her.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I re-upped in December, and got the Tinkerbell one. The Laminate is trying to come up around the edges. If I kept my AP in my wallet, it would already be completely peeled up and ruined. Good thing I don't though.

If I were to renew with these designs, I would have a hard time picking. For some reason I really love the 50th Anniversary logos (the castle, and the gold ears with the 50) and that design just says "Disneyland" to me much more than Mickey. - and the Castle logo design just looks much more professional than the Mickey design.. So I dont know.. I'd probably go for the Castle design but then I'm a sucker for "special" things, and since that's a "special" renew-only design I might have changed my mind for Mickey.

Luckily by the time I renew the 50th will be over, so I'll have two new designs to choose from.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Lisa got her new AP last week, and I got mine last month. We both chose the Castle, and as we say "Mini-Tink" over the special Mickey AP. Neither of us think he looks "right"...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I got the Mickey one, even though he may look a little "off" I liked it more than the other one. I'll wait to see what the new "models" look like in december when I get to renew starting January 1st.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Vehicle rotating backward

Why would you want that (barely) oversized mini-golf castle on your ticket? Go Mickey!

• Basking in birthday love

I got Tink when I renewed in August, but I lost that AP along with the rest of my lanyard back in December. When I finally got around to getting it replaced, the Bank CMs let me get the Mickey one. Call me snobbish, but I don't like that the regular one looks like an ordinary parkhopper. I think it should stand out a bit more.

My friend (and the artist of my comic) borrowed my AP to use my free parking, and in return drew me a picture of the Mickey on the front of my AP with a speech balloon in which he is basically propositioning me. It's disturbing and glorious all at the same time.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Shubisha

i have the standard one because i renewed mine at disneyland (on july 17th, first person in the bank that morning and therefore first AP pass of the 50th btw *nerd* =D)

But honestly I think the design looks like a hotel key more than an AP pass :P I'd much rather have that mickey one. i wish that was an option when I got this.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Funny... different strokes for different folks.
    I like the castle one because last year I let my PAP lapse, so when I re-upped in April at the Park, All I got was the generic Goofy Pass. Anybody that knows me, knows that I was a 50th nut, and I was really disappointed that I didn't get an AP that had some mention of the 50th on it. I guess I just want an AP that has the 50th logo on it while I can still get it.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I first had the Tinker Bell one and loved it. I enjoy Tink but egh...whatever, I just liked the design of the AP. When I renewed early this year, I chose the Mickey design just cause it's the special edition. I too agree that the standard ones do look like either hotel room keys or the regular day passes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast