• Across From DL

Question Disney Music Rights

Does anyone know if another Amusement Company uses a Disney Sountrack Publicly can they be sued by TWDC?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Disney Music Rights

Quote Originally Posted by CastMember 02
    Does anyone know if another Amusement Company uses a Disney Sountrack Publicly can they be sued by TWDC?
    Unless they have explicit, written permission, I'm thinking that would be a big YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

When in doubt, don't mess with Disney Legal.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    When in doubt, don't mess with Disney Legal.
    No joke. They're like junkyard dogs... with mouse ears!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Does Disney Legal get name tags? And if so do they wear them to court?

• Head Salesman

I remember a hispanic program that used the Baroque Hoedown in their openning and closing credits many, many years ago.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Banned User

Baroque Hoedown is not owned by disney... only the varieation they use for Electrical parade is owned by disney... the original is owned by somsone else...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Baroque Hoedown was not written by Disney, but by Jean-Jacques Perrey and Gershon Kingsley. They also don't own the original music for the Dick Dale Space Mountain track.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perrey_and_Kingsley

• Head Salesman

Ah! I didn't know that. Thanks!
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

•   
    • Minion

the answer is yes, they need to get permission... there are some exceptions.

Yes, Disney's Legal team will go after you... No, they will not settle (draggin out all lawsuits as long as possable is their strategy to insure agianst frivolous law suits)... The problem however is when they lose, they often lose big...

There are some cases however they should have settled...
    Check out my other blog:

• Across From DL

Thank you all for the responses I think I will let this play out and see what happens it should be interesting (dont worry i'm not involved im a CM)

What about the special Christmas loops?

I think there's a big grey area with that. Some of that David Rose, Lawrence Welk Christmas stuff.....the copyrights may have expired. A lot of that stuff is out of print.

(One of my favorite articles on this site discusses the famous main street christmas loop, where Lutz tries to piece together all the songs! Love that !)

The "Spirit of Christmas" CD that is passed out to cast members--- I don't think any of that is under copyright, and it's not an official CD sold to the public---though I certainly wish it was.

I'm not sure if you need permission to play those songs, in the exact order and style in which they are played on Main Street at Christmas......and given that they weren't created by Disney in the first place.

Again, I don't know, but would love to get my hands on a Disney--"Spirit of Christmas" CD......bootleg or not!!! Just kidding.

No I'm not!

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces

...snip

The "Spirit of Christmas" CD that is passed out to cast members--- I don't think any of that is under copyright, and it's not an official CD sold to the public---though I certainly wish it was.

...snip
    "Spirit of Christmas" CD, what's that?

Maybe if Disney knows folks want it they wil sell it. I know back when HMH first came out, lots of folks were asking for a CD, sure enough, next year (or year after) they had a HMH CD!

CU@DL

Andy

I don't know exactly, because I don't work for Disney.

But, I heard through the grapevine (ahem) that there was a special Christmas CD passed out to all the cast members, called "Spirit Of Christmas". It's (supposedly) not an official CD marketed to the public. It was just something that was un-officially done as a Holiday gift to employees.

What this mysterious CD has on it, allegedly, are the special Disneyland Main Street Christmas Loops, and if you read Lutz's article on Christmas Main Street Loops........you find out that the special Main Street Christmas Loop is extremely rare, with many of those songs out-of-print, and (myself) near desperate to have that material.

At Christmastime, some of the Cast Members were simply giving guests copies of "Spirit Of Christmas"......There's been some talk that these unofficial CDs may find their way to E-Bay, or that there may be a couple lying around the back shelves of the Emporium etc...

Absolutely, Disney should publicly market "Spirit Of Christmas". Especially, since most of those Christmas songs played on the Holiday Main Street Loop are out-of-print.

I've been trying for years to get ahold of the Main Street Christmas Loop and those hard-to-find songs they play at Holiday time.