Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Replacement parade for BPB in January?

With talk of the block party bash moving to florida in january (this is yet another bad decision for DCA and makes me really mad) do you guys think they will make a replacement parade for DCA or just go cheap and have no parade like they did for the longest time after Eureka?

• Defeats the Huns

Re: Replacement parade for BPB in January?

I would hope so... but we won't know until that annnoucement is made. With Al's info about the construction of Sun Plaza, i'm thinking they would just have no parade from January - June. I would LIKE to see a new parade come next Summer, but we'll just have to wait and see...

somebody said there was going to be a whole new block party but that doesnt make cense to me.

• Creative Director

from several people I talk to, there is a replacement for BPB being considered. As to what it is and when it will open, no one knows. everything is still up in the air.
    I have heard from more than one person that it would be similar to what BPB is now, possibly using the Pixar films not used in the current BPB.
    overall, it is still up in the air. and nothing has been officially announced.

as for the sunshine plaza construction, it may interfere a bit with the parade route, and I wouldn't be surprised if parades took a break at DCA due to construction. but most likely I don't think any of the construction will really have to close down the route at all.

with how much work it is create and setup a whole new parade, I would think that some decisions would have to be made soon if the parade was to premerie early next year. It may be more like may or june of 07 before a new parade opens, but that is just a guess.

anyone with actual solid info can correct me if I am wrong.

I will say it again, I don't want DCA going back to Parade-less afternoons. A good parade/street show is essential to adding needed energy to this park, and it is essential to the disney park experience. Sorry, but DEP alone does NOT cut it.

Ive been talking with a girl in the parade and she told me seriously that a bigger and better block party would be coming and auditions would be around february and Im starting to beleive this because this is the second time I have heard this exact same rumour.

If they hadn't viciously destroyed the Eureka floats, they could have had it as a paid-for backup to use as needed when BPB was being retooled

I to remmember hearing from some person that there is supposed to be a new biger better block party bash to replace the old one.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I hope there will be a bigger show coming after, I've heard the same stuff that you guys have.

I'll be really sad when Block Party leaves. I'll be looking forward to the next DCA show, though!

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    If they hadn't viciously destroyed the Eureka floats, they could have had it as a paid-for backup to use as needed when BPB was being retooled
    I'm pretty sure a few of the Eureka float mechanisums and such were actualy recycled and used in the development of BPB

I mean I saw a video of it once even and there were a few similarities between a few of the floats

I figured they might have used another group of them for PoD too

whatever they do DCA shouldn't be left without a parade and it'll need something just as strong as BPB

• Lowering Expectations

Well whatever theme they choose, you can be sure of one thing- it won't be themed for California.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    Well whatever theme they choose, you can be sure of one thing- it won't be themed for California.
    oh well I suppose

you can't always guarantee that but I do agree there will probably not be another parade that tries to encompass all of California or whatever in it

BPB did arguably have quite a California feel to it at least from a tourists perpective

if it fits the park that's all I care about

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    oh well I suppose

you can't always guarantee that but I do agree there will probably not be another parade that tries to encompass all of California or whatever in it

BPB did arguably have quite a California feel to it at least from a tourists perpective

if it fits the park that's all I care about
    agreed

• Artsy Fartsy

I really liked BpB. If they decide on a bigger Bpb I would be happy with that. I'm just worried about the tweeking up part. I would love to see a more Disney'esk feel to it, not so hip and needy. Does any one know what I mean?

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

No. What do you mean?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

this still hasn't been officially announced yet.. so don't get all your hopes up that were getting a better new parade.. this amazing one may be staying for a couple years still

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast