Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• That Guy

Re: What is the Nicest Hotel in Walking Distance to DLR?

Thanks to all for your generous tips, I really appreciate the info. I am going to check out the Hyatt and see what kind of deals they may have. It's the Hyatt Garden Grove we're talking about, right? Do you tip the bus driver each time, or how does that work?

My favorite "Good Neighbor Hotel" is the Ramada Inn Maingate next to IHOP. Cheap rooms, but still big and in great shape. Good view of the TOT too. The pool is nice, the muffin for breakfast just rocks my socks, and It's like 5mins walk to the front gate. (3 of which is the DL Transportation Hub)

Whenever we go we stay at the Embassy Suites right next to the Hilton. Very nice, free breakfast and I would consider it walking distance.

Max--We tip the Hyatt bus driver "sometimes" It depends on how often we ride how much we tip, but there are MANY people who ride and NEVER tip. We were chatting with one on one of our last visits, andc they said that they are paid on the assumption that there will be NO tips. It is a service that the hotel pays for, and since it is "part" of your room, you don't have to tip.

• Drunk On Disney

I love the Desert Palms Inn. The walk wasn't too bad (not as close as some of the others, however.)

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    I hear good things about the Hyatt. How does the shuttle work, or do you just drive to the resort? I have always just stayed right there, so I am a rookie with transport options.
    We usually drive ... but we used the shuttle a few times. It works fine ... just make sure you give yourself extra time because it does stop at some of the surrounding hotels as well.

You can 'usually' get the Hyatt for $50 per night on Priceline.

The Hilton is a great property (although it needs a bit of a renovation because the decor is stuck in the 80s) but noone has mentioned the Marriott. If you're going to walk to the Hilton (which isn't far at all as long as the Lion King trams are running) you might as well walk another few feet to the Marriott, which is much more modernized. Both hotels are generally expensive but it's also very common to find the Hilton for $80 or the Marriott for about $99 if you time it right

• Man O Lantern

Not toooo much further down the street is the Coast Anaheim (or whatever it's being called these days). It's a bit of a walk, like the Candy Cane Inn, but the pools are amazing. We stayed once on the top floor overlooking DCA. Our room was great....it's an updated hotel, nice lobby, great property. Reviews/info:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-3972...naheim_hotel-i

The Desert Inn right across from Disneyland has been *mostly* updated and they have a hot tub. They also have king jacuzzi rooms. It's pretty cheap. I once paid $44/night and I ended up with a handicapped-accessible room with two queen beds and a ginormous bathroom. It was fully updated from the carpet to the moulding to the doors, toilet, furniture. The outside was icky, but the room made up for it. But I wouldn't stay there again....I'd opt for HoJo.

I HoJo Anaheim!

• Merry 2014!

I have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn several times and love it. The beds are supremely comfy, the grounds are well kept, the breakfast is quite complete with lots ot choose from, service has always been very good. I don't know about a jacuzzi but it does have it's own shuttle service. try looking up hotels in www.tripadvisor.com. It is pretty good about reviews and ratings.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

I think the nicest hotels are where joes crabshack down Harbor Blvd. Its not totally walking distance unless you are marathon runners. Its about 4-5 miles past DL. I forget which hotel brand its is but it looks hella nice. We stayed at Anaheim Hyatt pretty nice but packed when the convetion center has a trade show.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Not toooo much further down the street is the Coast Anaheim (or whatever it's being called these days). It's a bit of a walk, like the Candy Cane Inn, but the pools are amazing. We stayed once on the top floor overlooking DCA. Our room was great....it's an updated hotel, nice lobby, great property. Reviews/info:
    FYI, the Coast Anaheim closed last fall and is being converted to the Sheraton Park Hotel, which is scheduled to open this summer.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• That Guy

Thanks for all the tips guys, you're the best. I made reservations at the Hyatt, it looks like a great place to chill.

We have stayed and always stay at the Sheriton (formerly the Coast Anahiem) Great hotel and we always get a room on one of the top floors with a park view. It is a 7-9 min walk to Disneyland and there is a shuttle but you have to pay for it. I like that it is secure and there are doormen and stuff to help. I think they give you every 4th night free.

I'll put in for the Hyatt on Harbor, which is really beautiful and comfortable. It's a long walk to DL, about a mile, but I've done it. The shuttle, however, is frequent and nice. The hotel was once two separate buildings but they've been connected with a gorgeous glass atrium. The restaurant and bar are both nice (and in the atrium.) There's also a Starbucks, Pizza Hut, and small store. Across the street are several restaurants and shops. Downside might be that the pool is smallish.

I would stay there again, no question. It's the nicest place I've stayed in Anaheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Hi,

I am going to be at DLR for my birthday in May, and I wanted to know what hotel was the nicest (great accommodations, nice perks, non-DLR hotel) and best priced?

I have stayed at HoJos which was nice, but I would like to stay somewhere nicer, but also in walking distance.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I stayed at the Residence Inn, which is only a block away (Next to the Tibron Parking). Nice Place... like an apartment... The room I stayed in last had two full rooms (with their own bathrooms), and a Living Room/Kitchen, with a couch (that was a bed also). Spa was just outside... free Breakfast/Dinner... Quiet... best place I've been to near Disneyland.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast