Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• That Guy

What is the Nicest Hotel in Walking Distance to DLR?

Hi,

I am going to be at DLR for my birthday in May, and I wanted to know what hotel was the nicest (great accommodations, nice perks, non-DLR hotel) and best priced?

I have stayed at HoJos which was nice, but I would like to stay somewhere nicer, but also in walking distance.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: What is the Nicest Hotel in Walking Distance to DLR?

I think that perhaps HoJo's might be the nicest walking distance hotel on Harbor. Some might give the nod to the Candy Cane Inn.

Some people like the Hilton, but not everyone considers it to be "walking distance". We stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Park (on the corner of Harbor and Ball Rd). We walked a few times, but always rode the shuttle at the end of the day.

• That Guy

I think HoJos was nice, I would just like a little more amenities, like nicer bedding, maybe room service, a hot tub in the room to soak after a long day of walking and churro eating.

• Still lost in Neverland

I always stay at the Park View In right across the street. It's more of a Motel, but what the heck. It's quiet, well furnished with ammenities like coffed brewer and microwave and some have small friges. The beds are nice, it is clean and it's right across the street from the Harber Street Entrance. There is a Denny's on one side and an I-Hop on the other. They have a gift store with lots of Japanese models and toys as well as snacks and other stuff. The rates seem fair to me. I have stayed there many times now and have never been disappointed.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I would check out the Sheraton, it is not exactly within walking distance, but they have their own shuttle and restaurant.I am sure they have room service too and extremely comfy beds.

• That Guy

Cool Re: What is the Nicest Hotel in Walking Distance to DLR?

Quote Originally Posted by Churro
    I would check out the Sheraton, it is not exactly within walking distance, but they have their own shuttle and restaurant.I am sure they have room service too and extremely comfy beds.
    Thanks very much for the tips guys, I appreciate it. I would love to find somewhere close enough to walk, but with more luxurious amenities. It is so hard just looking online, I stayed at the Park View, and it was pretty dumpy, but I may have just had a crappy room. The beds were really hard, pillows a mess and the sheets could be used for rough sanding.

BTW, Churro, that post was your 555, isn't that the mark of the devil, or lawyer, or something?

• Donalds younger brother

The hilton is pretty good, but for the price you might as well stay at a disney hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Thanks very much for the tips guys, I appreciate it. I would love to find somewhere close enough to walk, but with more luxurious amenities. It is so hard just looking online, I stayed at the Park View, and it was pretty dumpy, but I may have just had a crappy room. The beds were really hard, pillows a mess and the sheets could be used for rough sanding.

BTW, Churro, that post was your 555, isn't that the mark of the devil, or lawyer, or something?
    LOL I thought those 2 things were one in the same?!( I think you are thinking of 666)

• That Guy

^ Oh right!!! Well, honestly math was never my strong point. I almost had to drop out of undergrad and even grad school due to math. I mean, the whole point of getting a counseling degree is because you CAN'T do math. Geesh.

• Circle of Ancients

We usually stay at the Hyatt in Garden Grove ... definately not walking distance though ... unless you feel like walking 2 miles at the end of the day.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    We usually stay at the Hyatt in Garden Grove ... definately not walking distance though ... unless you feel like walking 2 miles at the end of the day.
    I hear good things about the Hyatt. How does the shuttle work, or do you just drive to the resort? I have always just stayed right there, so I am a rookie with transport options.

• A Pirate's life for me!

The Hyatt shuttle runs all day, every half an hour and it's free. It's a big bus, like a Greyhound, so you have plenty of room, not like the (F)Art ones that are always overcrowded and you have to pay for.

Enjoy!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I thought the HoJo was pretty nice, although the "lodge style" setting wasn't quite what I expected. The rooms themselves were top notch, at least the one I stayed in.

For our second week there, we stayed at the Radisson Maingate. It is at the other end of the park (immediately south of Katella), but it is still only a 5-10 minute walk away (if that, but we walk pretty fast ). It is close to IHop and Denny's, which is also a help. It was a bit more of a 'proper' hotel than HoJo, which has more of a lodge setting. The wonderful little bonus we got at checkout was that we had a $100 food voucher credited to us as part of our package deal, so all three of our meals at Pickford's (the hotel restaurant, although one of those was room service) were free.

Other advantages include the Good Neighbour ability to buy your tickets there; as well as plan lots of other side tours. We were virtually next door to the bus company that took us on our Grand LA Tour.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I've done the Hilton, Sheraton and the BW Park Place Inn.

By far, the Hilton is the best and in walking distance. The problem is that you have to walk through their parking garage, across the street, through a break in the hedge, around the tram roundabout (or just catch the tram, which isn't always running, I think it's the Timon lot...).

But considering I train daily, my partner and I had not a lick of an issue.

There's three hot tubs, all very large and their restaurants are appropriately swanky. There's a health club as well.

We were there the night Afghanstan was invaded. I was having trouble sleeping (we were in a nonsmoking room and I was still in the process of quitting), so walked out of my room and found a guard at each corner of the hallway we were on. I went out to the swimming pool (it's on the fifth floor) and sat down and was approached by said officiers.

Boy I felt safe and unsafe (why the heck would they consider someone in sweats and bad hair a threat, exactly?). They couldn't tell me why security was upgraded. I guess someone of remote importance was in the hotel.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

I would do the Hyatt and ride the shuttle. It's great!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast