Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• =)

Re: Changes at the blue byou

I remember the rumor a couple years back about music from the movies playing in the Blue Bayou. What a sickening idea. As much as I enjoy the score to the first movie--I even play it on piano--it would be so ridiculously out of place in the Blue Bayou! The alto flute rendition of Yo Ho must stay.

I don't think the Blue Bayou needs any changes, except perhaps reduced prices and a few more options. But I agree that anything with references to the movie characters would be incredibly tacky. The Bayou really isn't a Pirates of the Caribbean restaurant; it's just located in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    They are hiring a bunch of Johnny Depp look alikes to be waiters so that everyone gets to be served by Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Ha Ha If this were the case I would eat there everyday!

• Queen of Sarcasm

Didn't they have a portobello mushroom platter or something? I have never had it myself but I have heard people talking about it on message boards.

Re: Changes at the blue bayou

How about a Monte - Grilled Cheese - Cristo? (haha)

• Rock Star Minion

"I'll have the French Depp sandwich, please, and a Kiera (very vanilla) shake."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Former Epcot CM

Well obviously the biggest reason for the BB closing is because changes to the ride could not be made with guests eating in the restaurant. Its good that they took this oppurtunity to change the restaurant itself though at the same time, with menu changes and all. I have been to neither, but the premise of the Blue Lagoon (BB's equivalent at Disneyland Paris) sounds more appealing to me - a desert island versus a bayou plantation. It would be interesting to change the BB like this, but I suppose the whole area at Disneyland Paris is more Caribbean like than Disneyland.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    the premise of the Blue Lagoon (BB's equivalent at Disneyland Paris) sounds more appealing to me - a desert island versus a bayou plantation. It would be interesting to change the BB like this, but I suppose the whole area at Disneyland Paris is more Caribbean like than Disneyland.
    i SO hope they don't do that! i like the blue lagoon restaurant but if i remember correctly there's no real island scenery or a feeling of being outside like there is in BB. it feels more like an indoor restaurant with some plants and a small waterfall..
    i wouldn't mind a blue lagoon-ish restaurant in adventureland though (with a different name of course) to perhaps replace the bengal barbecue.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Actually, they're offering a pate appetizer that's moulded in the shape of Jack Sparrow's head.

(Just kidding.)

On a more serious note regarding vegetarian options - I've been with vegetarian friends before, and all they had to do is ask the server. The chefs have been very flexible for providing a "custom" non-meat dish in the past. Hopefully, they're still that way.

• Minion

There "seems" to be spy photo's of the "new" Boue Bayou in DarkBeer's photo page. I have looked over them and its eather a compleatly re-theming, or a private party redecoration. But I am convinced its inside the ride building!

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1357157/1/64121078

Look at the last 4-5 dark photo's. Notice the commet. Also notice in the background between all the umbrellas you can just make out the banjo players house lit up.

If this is in fact the BB, the changes are rather DRASTIC to say the least. Look at the ground. GRASS!!! They seem to have changed to a backyard party theme! The umbrellas and gas heaters I am not sure sure are there for theming or not.

These photo's were taken on the same day as the sub lagoon pics, and I am sure that if there was a commet that big in the sky a few nights ago, it would be all over the news Thats why I am convinced its inside the BB.

What do you all think?

That's...not the BB. Look at the trees...that's outside near or at the Big Thunder Ranch. Trust me, that's defintely not indoors...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick
    Didn't they have a portobello mushroom platter or something? I have never had it myself but I have heard people talking about it on message boards.
    Here ya go.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Actually, they're offering a pate appetizer that's moulded in the shape of Jack Sparrow's head.
    [...]
    On a more serious note regarding vegetarian options - I've been with vegetarian friends before, and all they had to do is ask the server. The chefs have been very flexible for providing a "custom" non-meat dish in the past. Hopefully, they're still that way.
    Excellent, Thanks for the tip, Disneyphile. Perhaps they can combine the two ideas with a dish called Jack A-Sparrow-gus. It's pretty much Depp's head made up of asparagus. Why they've never asked me to be an Imagineer is just beyond me.

When I eventually get around to going back, I'll keep that in mind. Just wish I'd known on the last trip...Oh, and thanks for the mushroom pics, Trekkie Dad. Mushrooms: MEAT for Vegetarians.

I'll crawl back into my dark corner now. There is too much light out for this pale little vego...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• CM for 4 years!

That is not the Bayou.

The only difference between the Bayou before it closed and the Bayou now is a couple of backstage enhancements for its cast members and the fact that there's no water in the Bayou.

Seriously.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12