Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney boy at heart ;)

single rider lines....

So my crazy self drove up from the san diego area to go purchase my annual pass by myself and entered the parks by myself for the first time ever. So I wnted to know what rides have single rider lines on them I know cali screamin does, but not sure of any other ones at DCA and at Disneyland. I have came to the conclusion that disney by yourself is not as much fun. I am gonna have to go start metting all you micechatters since I am new to this site and go to diney with you guys!

Re: single rider lines....

some are muholland madness, grizzly river run or what ever its called, Splash MOuntain and thats all i can remember for single riders. Oh yea soarin
    Last edited by chargerfan; 04-13-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Welcome to the boards. Yes, DL alone has a very different dynamic than with a group of people. There are advantages to going alone:

-No arguing over what ride to go on next.
    -you don't have to worry about other people being tired
    -No one will make fun of you if you decide to do something like ride iasw fifteen times in a row (tip of the hat to that annoying radio ad), except maybe an observant CM or two.

On the whole, it's good to mix things up. The meets are a great, great way to meet new people. It sometimes takes a while to feel more comfortable, but I most of us are here for a very similar baseline reason: the love of the parks!!

Good luck!

P.S. Single Riders attractions:

DL: Splash
    DCA: GRR, Screamin', Soarin'

Did I leave any out?

• love my friends

california screamin, doenst have a single rider lane

Maliboomer does, soarin over california does, splash mountain does, grizzly rapids does...

I think thats about it... there used to be more, but they stopped having single riders on them for some reason

Friends for life

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    california screamin, doenst have a single rider lane

Maliboomer does, soarin over california does, splash mountain does, grizzly rapids does...

I think thats about it... there used to be more, but they stopped having single riders on them for some reason
    California Screamin DOES have a single rider. I just used it the other day

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Soarin' Over CA does in DCA, I don't know if Tower of Terror does it too.

For Disneyland, I'm pretty sure they have it for Indy, I remember using it a few times in the past. I think it normally works for the busy popular rides. I do remember using the Single Rider entrance twice in September three years ago during the ABC Primetime Weekend event. Perfect to go on Grizzly River Run in high 90-degree heat twice in 45 minutes. I wonder if they would provide that info to anyone who asks in City Hall about the single rider passes? That would be great info to know and remember for future visits to DLR.

Quote Originally Posted by chargerfan
    Aren't the single rider lanes through the exit? I had the impression that they aren't used all the times, not just for Screamin' but for any rides. Guess it just depends on how busy the parks are.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I heard from someone the other night that they went into Soarin's single rider line, only to be sent back and told they are not running that "program" at this time

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    I heard from someone the other night that they went into Soarin's single rider line, only to be sent back and told they are not running that "program" at this time

Huh?
    That's weird. The CM's in the entrance of the building would have been passing out the Single Rider passes and the CM's inside would have to take it. Not right for one to contradict the other. I'd take that up with Guest Relations.

• love my friends

They must have added the single rider for screamin, because they didnt have it before

well I LEARNED something new today... thanks chargerfan

Friends for life

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Soarin' Over CA does in DCA, I don't know if Tower of Terror does it too.

For Disneyland, I'm pretty sure they have it for Indy, I remember using it a few times in the past. I think it normally works for the busy popular rides. I do remember using the Single Rider entrance twice in September three years ago during the ABC Primetime Weekend event. Perfect to go on Grizzly River Run in high 90-degree heat twice in 45 minutes. I wonder if they would provide that info to anyone who asks in City Hall about the single rider passes? That would be great info to know and remember for future visits to DLR.
    I asked the cast member recently about the single rider for Indy and they said they no longer have it for that ride

I asked the cast member recently about the single rider for Indy and they said they no longer have it for that ride
    Awwww...that bites!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Single Rider Attractions and where to go.

Splash Mountain: Get a Single Rider Pass at the FASTPASS entrance, then go thru the exit to the unlaoding area, and wait on the right side of the queue, and wait for a CM. Sometimes they don't ask for the pass, but sometimes they do.

Grizzy River Run: Get a Single Rider Pass at the FASTPASS entrance, then go thru the exit, and stay to the right and wait for the CM at the loading area.

California Screamin': Get a Single Rider Pass at the Stand-by entrance, then use the special Wheelchair exit, which is located up the main path near the billboards, and stand by the marked sign and wait for the CM.

MaliBoomer: Use the Special Single Rider entrance to the left of the regular entrance, and wait for the CM at the end of the line. If the gate is closed, then they are not offering Single Rider at that time, and don't jump the fence.

Mulholland Madness: Ask the CM at the FASTPASS entrance, he/she will direct you to a special gate.

Soarin': Get a Single Rider Pass at the FASTPASS entrance, and hand it to the CM at the bottom of the main ramp. Note: Soarin's Single Rider wait can be long, and usually a FASTPASS is a better choice.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Screamin' and Mulhulland Madness have single riders lines at the CM's discretion. Sometimes they have them, and sometimes they don't, depending on how crowded the ride is. Splash Mountain always has it. Yesterday they had so many single riders at Splash that they were holding some outside the exit until they had space for more in the single rider line. The line was like 30 min long, when it's usually just a few minutes. But they still had it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast