Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

4/12 PHOTO UPDATE: Inside Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Subs, and Cafe Orleans!

EDIT: 7:36pm >> Added 2 more pics of the work going on inside the building. Not the best quality, but its somethin'!

9:03 pm: Added links to high-res versions of three of the POTC pics.

Went to DLR yesterday and while I was there I snapped some photos I'm sure you'll all enjoy.

A few Sub Lagoon pics, a couple Haunted Mansion attic pics, a couple Cafe Orleans shots, and what we've all be dreaming of - a sneak peak inside Pirates. Don't get TOO excited, I didn't sneak in and get pics of the new Johnny Depp animatronics, but I managed to get some shots of the island you see as you enter the indoor queue area. It's completely stripped down and I'm guessing we'll be getting something radically different when Pirates re-opens. So say goodbye to the parrot and the fiber-optic treasure map... cause I think they've sailed off to Yesterland...

Enjoy the pics! Sorry theyre not the best quality. I'm no photographer, but I try my best!

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
    Repainting the outdoor queue.

Inside the bulding, the island is bare.

Take a closer look: Download HI-RES version of this photo

ADDED:

ADDED:

HAUNTED MANSION
    The Attic gets some new additions...
    Big, what appeared to be frames of different shapes and sizes were scattered through the Mansion's attic, all covered by sheets. I'm thinking these are the portraits of the bride's doomed grooms. I couldn't get great pictures and I didn't take anymore than these two because I didn't want the flash to ruin the experience for other riders. But I just HAD to break the rule to get these shots for your guys... There's about four or five new "covered objects" in the attic. The bride is also holding something that looks like a stick in the hand that used to be a candle. I couldn't tell if it was just her candle and it was turned off or if it was the handle to her new axe... I don't think it was her candle.. so who knows?

CAFE ORLEANS
    A peek over the construction walls from the Disney Gallery balcony.

SUBMARINE LAGOON
    From the Monorail speedramp and Winner's Circle store

That's it.. Hope you enjoyed the pics.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 04-13-2006 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added 2 more pictures, links to high-res versions

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: 4/12 PHOTO UPDATE: Inside Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Subs, and Cafe Orleans!

Great Update, Real Nice
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Thanks!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Great picts!!!! Thank you!!!

I dont remember all those cupboards and Chinaware and such in the HM attic before. Have they always been there and I'm just that oblivious?

• Lowering Expectations

Fabulous shots! Man, if you got any closer you'd be in those construction sites! And I dunno why, but I think those sheets in the attic are silly the blue one looks like a dentist bib
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Northwest Disneyphile

Very Interesting pics.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

• I'm your huckleberry.

Absolutely amazing MasterGracey!!!! Those shots inside the POTC with the water drained and the island empty are a Disneyland geek's dream! Thank you so much!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Nice pictures! I'm just waiting to hear all the thuds the fellow micechatters will make when they fall to the floor after seeing the pirates pictures. OMG NO MORE MAP AND PARROT! GOOD LORD, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?

• Northwest Disneyphile

So far i hear no thuds.
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

THUD!!!!

Where is that window where you got the inside pictures of PoTC?
    PLease let me know

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Nice pictures! I'm just waiting to hear all the thuds the fellow micechatters will make when they fall to the floor after seeing the pirates pictures. OMG NO MORE MAP AND PARROT! GOOD LORD, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE?
    they have put and end to our life as we know it !!!

All kidding aside, I really like the photos.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by chargerfan
    Where is that window where you got the inside pictures of PoTC?
    PLease let me know

Not sure I should leak my top-secret information. Disney might be listening!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

True that

• Minion

Wow, great photos! You are very good at getting those "covert operation" type shots. You could be a spy!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast