Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Fantasmic! (Possible New Show Scenes/Enhancements)

Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    As much as I like Fox and the Hound I just don't think it fits in Fantasmic. I also think that your idea of the show would be better (and shorter--easier for an audience to watch) if you weeded out some of your movie ideas that you don't like as much. Some of them don't seem as developed as others.

You've got a pretty healthy imagination though!
    Thanks for the imput!

Yes, ALL the scenes are not done yet. Right now, I'm just focusing on typing everything out and then going back and seeing what can be taken out, improved, explain better at how the transitions will work...etc. So this IS still a VERY VERY rough draft- you guys just get to see the process!

• Sock Puppet

Oh, I forgot to mention I really like The Lion King segment. It's my favorite movie and it needs more attention!

A Lion King segment without Scar?!?! Expect a bill from the Villain Foundation!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ScarLion
    A Lion King segment without Scar?!?! Expect a bill from the Villain Foundation!!!
    Lol, don't worry. You'll be in the Villain section .

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Sounds good but sort seems to drag. Too many movies crammed in one part. I always think of the scenes in Fantasmic as like a dream. Jungle Book works, Lion King probably too but you don't want to overkill the jungle, Alice in Wonderland should have originally been in show since the whole movie is wacky and dreamlike, Pink elephants in Dumbo work. The other movies just don't seem to vibe with dream feel and stuff. I think Peter Pan should definetly stay and an Under the Sea part would fit great with dreams. I don't know for me dremalike is colorful and crazy and wild just like a dream.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinNRollin
    Sounds good but sort seems to drag. Too many movies crammed in one part. I always think of the scenes in Fantasmic as like a dream. Jungle Book works, Lion King probably too but you don't want to overkill the jungle, Alice in Wonderland should have originally been in show since the whole movie is wacky and dreamlike, Pink elephants in Dumbo work. The other movies just don't seem to vibe with dream feel and stuff. I think Peter Pan should definetly stay and an Under the Sea part would fit great with dreams. I don't know for me dremalike is colorful and crazy and wild just like a dream.
    I 'do' want to add many Disney movies into it. I guess I want to make it more Broadway I suppose. The confusing deam-like setting is OK, but I rather have a new Fantasmic that 'flows' better and just shouts a lot of great Disney songs at you. I really don't like the Jiminy Cricket into the pirate section- it needs better flow but that's just my opinion. When I'm done, I'll still have the princess melody and villain section (well duh lol) but I do want to make it a more organized story that still has a 'dream-like' quality to it, if you get what I mean by that..lol

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Yeah I get it. Your ideas are very imaginative. One thing I do love about Fantasmic was how it was liek a dream. I loke the current except I get rid of everything Pinnochio. I would also like to see Lion King, Alice(Mad Tea Party), Under the Sea, and even a Heffalumps and Woozle scene(i think that would flow great with Pink Elephants.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinNRollin
    Yeah I get it. Your ideas are very imaginative. One thing I do love about Fantasmic was how it was liek a dream. I loke the current except I get rid of everything Pinnochio. I would also like to see Lion King, Alice(Mad Tea Party), Under the Sea, and even a Heffalumps and Woozle scene(i think that would flow great with Pink Elephants.
    Yeah, my new show is VERY DIFFERENT from the one we have now, however, as i go on with the list, the Pink Elephants will be included.

• Minion

Cool Re: Fantasmic! (Possible New Show Scenes/Enhancements)

I really have to say....I like the current GOOD vs Evil that always plays out well. The whole ship sailing down the rivers of america is awesome. Tarzan I was really turned off by that. I still feel the tree house needs to go back to the swiss. I do like the Alice and Wonderland bit sounds cool, but the fox and the hound? Oh know! Now I am really lost. I am not trying to be mean, it just I am feeling like SIMON tonight.
    Jason

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Redsix
    I really have to say....I like the current GOOD vs Evil that always plays out well. The whole ship sailing down the rivers of america is awesome. Tarzan I was really turned off by that. I still feel the tree house needs to go back to the swiss. I do like the Alice and Wonderland bit sounds cool, but the fox and the hound? Oh know! Now I am really lost. I am not trying to be mean, it just I am feeling like SIMON tonight.
    lol your not mean. the list isnt even done yet so basically i dont even listen to what you guys are really saying yet lol tarzan would be good but i totally agree swiss needs to come back- the treehouse sucks! ok thanks for the alice comment and fox and the hound- yeah lol it needs work but i definately want to include it in the show

• ...TWO BITS!

I think you forgot to mention what we discussed before about the transition of an unbirthday cake explosion to festival of fools confetti fireworks. But you want that 40 seconds of complete darkness and silence for a transition...

EDIT: Disney Dreamer says you can't have an exploding cake because it won't work. Fine, whatever.

Silent motors... rrrrriiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttt.....

Black lit water screens... rrrrriiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttt.....
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 04-14-2006 at 11:25 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

hmmm... the problem is, it can't be like a broadway show at all... it's an outdoor night time extravaganza.. broadway doesn't fit anywhere in that category...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    hmmm... the problem is, it can't be like a broadway show at all... it's an outdoor night time extravaganza.. broadway doesn't fit anywhere in that category...
    your absolutely right, I didn't mean broadway BROADWAY, I just meant in that direction with props and costumes

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    I think you forgot to transition the unbirthday cake explosion to festival of fools confetti fireworks. But you want that 40 seconds of complete darkness and silence for a transition...

Silent motors... rrrrriiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttt.....

Black lit water screens... rrrrriiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttt.....
    You need to reread what I said. There would be 40 seonds of darkness on the stage, BUT Alice would still be going on front on the tea table. The stage would be cleared for Festival of Fools. Your right though, I didn't mention anything about the cake or confetti- so sorry for that film freak .

• ...TWO BITS!

^ So you want the stage to be dark... but have Alice on stage on a table... and black lit water screens for 40 seconds of silence with the audience just sitting there...

When you say Alice will be on front, are you talking about a barge or the actual island stage???

What did I forget to read?? The Alice on a table part?? WHAT?!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast