Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Fantasmic! (Possible New Show Scenes/Enhancements)

Judging by what the replies are saying, NO MORE replies to this post until I say I'm done. This is just for all members to get the 'full' effect of my show; you simply cannot get that with the way the show plan is in its ugly state. Thanks!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Uhm.. if you make a post people will reply.. so haha sorry,

now about the broadway.. sets and props are minimal because it's far away, and it would be hard to see.. sometimes less is more

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Uhm.. if you make a post people will reply.. so haha sorry,

now about the broadway.. sets and props are minimal because it's far away, and it would be hard to see.. sometimes less is more
    lol true, but you know I just want to make it perfect than for you guys to reply yyou know?

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Just out of curiosity, since I don't remember reading anything about it in the OP, is this grand scheme going to be rendered in some form (drawings, computer simulation, RCT, etc)?

I'm just curious. I'm liking what I'm reading thus far, but I'm really curious as to how a lot of it would look "staged".

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    Just out of curiosity, since I don't remember reading anything about it in the OP, is this grand scheme going to be rendered in some form (drawings, computer simulation, RCT, etc)?

I'm just curious. I'm liking what I'm reading thus far, but I'm really curious as to how a lot of it would look "staged".
    aww thanks for your words! Yes, I will be creating a ,list on how the CMs would get ready and such next. This thread just goes through the visuals of what guests will be seeing.

As for concept art, I'm not that bad of a drawer, so maybe! But that won't be out for quite a few weeks- oh but i am goign to boston, maybe on the plane trip i could draw some ideas down- thanks for reminding me!

• Banned User

To me it sounds way too complex, long, would require too much thought from the audience, and a cast way too large to put it on. I like the idea of adding new movies to the show I guess, maybe because I watch the show frequently I can't see it being changed so dramatically.

• Minion

Wink Re: Fantasmic! (Possible New Show Scenes/Enhancements)

Well so far this sounds like a really long show. I enjoy Fantasmic and the 20 something minutes it lasts seems to be about right. Anything more and it starts to get uncomfortable sitting on the ground or standing, even if it is fun to watch, if you extend it to be 30 minutes or more youre going to get alot of people start squirming and kids losing interest.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    To me it sounds way too complex, long, would require too much thought from the audience, and a cast way too large to put it on. I like the idea of adding new movies to the show I guess, maybe because I watch the show frequently I can't see it being changed so dramatically.
    All will be explained when I'm finished .

Please, no more comments at this point. The only reason why I posted this so early is because my computer freezes at times, so I'm doing it in 'parts'. So, if my computer does freeze, I only lose that part of the show scene.

Please no more comments. I know I don't own the thread (lol) but please, just let me finish, and then I would LOVE to hear your opinions. Thanks AGAIN!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Well I am going to reply, simply because you seem very interested in my opinion.

Frankly, this can't be a new version of Fantasmic!. As was stated earlier this is about imagination, as the show was even originally titled Imagination. This is much more Remeber... Dreams Comes True which is a showcase and tribute whereas Fantasmic! is a stream of conscious journey into Mickey's imagination. Were dealing with two very different genres here.

From the get go things are almost set up like Remeber... Dreams Comes True. You have the introduction. Then with The Jungle Book, Tarzan, and The Lion King there is a sort of jugnle, wilderness theme. But even with this continuiuty there is still a lot breaking up the segments.

Alice in Wonderland is where things seem to get sticky. Your stransition from the jungle/wilderness to crazy unknown of Wonderland could work marvelously. The problem comes in when it leads no where. There has been thios shift from serious to fantasy at probably one of its most extremes. The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Fox and the Hound are way too serious and solemn to be led in by a journey to Wonderland. Wonderland would be a much better lead to a segment featuring Dumbo's pink elephant's and Winnie the Pooh's Huffalumps and Woozles. This is not only a turn to the more surreal, but also the villanious. Wonderland is not a "good" place as Alice leaves running in fear.

As was stated previously, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Fox and the Hound are probably too depressing. With Dumbo clearly working to end this shift in direction, at an almost rapid speed.

Pinnochio is probably always going to fit into Fantasmic!. Pinnochio is a symbol of good led down the wrong path. The very start of Fantasmic! asks if Mickey can survive evil invading his imagination.

The overall show set up is rather complex. Even in Broadway you are going to need time to set everything up. This is where I think Remeber... Dreams Comes True plays a better role model than Fantasmic!. If scenes are compacted and merged based on an underlying theme then they will not only flow, but greatly reduce the time a rear sits on the concrete of New Orleans Square.

disney dreamer i really admire what you are doing. heck, i used to do it all the time but then i asked myself "y am i doing this, imagineers will NEVER use it" and so i stoped. Great ideas tho.
    pshhh i guess

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Treat
    disney dreamer i really admire what you are doing. heck, i used to do it all the time but then i asked myself "y am i doing this, imagineers will NEVER use it" and so i stoped. Great ideas tho.
    We will have to see, I have very high hopes for this show.

• Basking in birthday love

Sorry, but shows at the DLR simply don't run over 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure that even the properly staged Aladdin and Snow White cap out at about 30, and that's only because they put you in proper seats. Any longer than that, and people will consider their time better spent hitting rides. Besides, Fantasmic has been running to capacity crowds for fourteen years now, so all talk of a completely overhauled show is purely academic. Disney management, especially current Disney management, isn't going to change something that's already working extremely well.

Sorry if this isn't terribly supportive, but I'm in an aggressively practical mood right now, and giant, unrealistic ideas just rub me the wrong way.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

W
    Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Sorry, but shows at the DLR simply don't run over 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure that even the properly staged Aladdin and Snow White cap out at about 30, and that's only because they put you in proper seats. Any longer than that, and people will consider their time better spent hitting rides. Besides, Fantasmic has been running to capacity crowds for fourteen years now, so all talk of a completely overhauled show is purely academic. Disney management, especially current Disney management, isn't going to change something that's already working extremely well.

Sorry if this isn't terribly supportive, but I'm in an aggressively practical mood right now, and giant, unrealistic ideas just rub me the wrong way.
    Fine, but will let me finish my show list first- geez

NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE!

I love to hear from you, but I NEED TO FINISH the list first. I'll be away in Boston so I won't be able to work on the list for awhile. As of now, I'm done with what I have- Enjoy what I have so far folks!

i just got through watching florida's fantasmic on youtube and i must say it was pretty cool, the the musical montage with the bubbles was neat and than there is the pocahantus scene along with jafar snake. i didnt come here to compare florida's with anaheim but just to say how cool it is how team disney orlando took the show and made it their own instead of it being an exact copy of disneyland's................steamboat willly and pals needs a bigger ship lol.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

personally I think the bubble segment is too long, should of never been made, and the pochantas segment just lacks...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast