Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Fantasmic! (Possible New Show Scenes/Enhancements) [Under Construction]

PLEASE IGNORE FOR THE TIME BEING.

I JUST WANTED TO UPDATE THE THREAD SO THAT IT WOULD NOT BE CLOSED DOWN - THANKS SO MUCH AND HOLD ON!

Show Time (in my mind): 1 hour [Yes, I know long, but I'll explain later on]

NOTE: You need to have iTunes or Windows Media to listen to the various song links provided below. Unfortunately, some of the songs in my show I could not find any links to. Thanks!

Hello All! Well since I have some time on my hands, I have decided to finally post my ideas on my own Fantasmic! show. In ways, I love the one we have now, but I often feel disappointed at how many Disney movies are left out during the duration of the show, and also the fact that during 30 percent of the show, only water screens are used- which can become very boring after awhile; so I plan on adding more characters, floats, and sets to this already great classic at Disneyland park. I hope you enjoy!

MY FANTASMIC! SHOW (The more 'grown-up' version)

NOTE: Scenes that are already on display may need editing, so don't take it 'too' serious until I say it's officially done. Also note that, although this sounds quite long, the words that describe what will be taking place make any scene sound like it will take 5 minutes to finish, though in reality it could be as short as 30 seconds. Thanks!

• Scene One: Mickey's Opening
    The beginning will be very much the same as it is now. It begins with the same beautiful orchestra piece playing. Mickey Mouse is at the same spot, as well as the water fountains. However, I would try and create a better water fountain configuration and make the water shoot out at different angles. To do this, I plan on updating the water fountain bases with better lighting and angle spouts (that could possibly rotate at the base, so it would create a circular water effect).
    • Scene Two: Mickey's Fantasia/Shooting Stars
    This scene would also be very similar to the one present, except for the fact that it will include better firework shells. The one's are nice that they have now, but I would try and find ones that would shimmer more in the light.
    • Scene Three: Flower Segment
    This will be the last scene where basically everything is the same as the show playing now at Disneyland. The flower projections will be the same, but instead of just one flower (the current white one) on the stage, there would be three- white, yellow, and red. To me, those flowers are very beautiful and I would like two more to add to the white one for a truly magical experience.
    • Scene Four: The Jungle Book
    After the Flower Segment, the mist screens (still going from the last scene) will transform the beautiful falling flowers into a dense jungle. Slowly, the jungle slowly disappears (along with the mist screens) and in its place, will be Monkeys on the main F! stage. Other Monkeys will also come out like normal on the floating barges. However, guests will notice these barges will be much more detailed- there would be palm trees, grasses to hide the rails, and fire torches. Kaa will never appear during this segment (he NEVER belonged in this section; Kaa is a villain). The Jungle music would be the same, though, for this part of the show scene. When the Monkey barges are out of site, The Monkeys on the stage would still be on with the new additions of Baloo, Mowgli, and King Louie. The original jungle music score from the show would fade out and in its place would be the jazzy melody of "I Wanna Be Like You" would slowly play out. Some selected phrases WILL be sung out. The remaining Monkeys on stage, meantime, would dance and do tricks for about 30 seconds until the lights dim out on their merry-making.
    • Scene Five: Tarzan
    The mist screens return (see how I'm beginning each story with an introduction from the water screens) to a Jungle scene. Slowly, the water screens capture an amazing treehouse with a British flag on it. The music during this time would be similar to the opening of Tarzan (the movie). They dim out and Tarzan and Jane can be found where the Monkeys were just seconds ago. A scene behind them suggests a dense jungle (which could also be used in the previous scene as well). "You'll Be In My Heart" plays out for a short time (it would be sung out, not just the melody like in "I Wanna Be Like You"). Jane and Tarzan can be seen grabbing a vine and swinging into the back part of the set. "Trashin the Camp" starts to break the peaceful melody of the previous song, and our favorite pal (Terk) and his pals, can be found 'trashin' a camp that has mysteriously appeared on stage- it would be a set on wheels so it can roll up to be visible. On the set would be an assortment of pans, furniture, plates- basically everything from the movie! It would go on for a bit and be fun (guests would get into it a lot), but then its time to move on from the Jungle.

Note: This goes for ALL the scenes. The water screens in my new show would be totally new and advance. During a few scenes, they will be up to hide the movement on stage (just the CM movement to their positioned places). Hopefully, we could have animation going on the screens during these particular times. (Thanks filmfreak11 for this.)
    • Scene Six: The Lion King
    The steady beat of "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" plays out. Similar to the water screens at WDW, a bunch of wildlife would be played out on the screens. They dim so it is just a water screen with nothing playing on them to hide and allow CMs to get set on stage. A barge decorated to a much smaller version of Pride Rock (think Parade of Dreams) would have Simba and Nala (not sure of that is correct) on it. The barge would go from (guests' view) right to left. The screens, as soon as the barge could be seen, would go down and the lights on stage would be brighten. However, very much UNLIKE WDW, the animals would not be neon and plain-looking. They would be in their appropriate colors. Such animals like elephants, flamingoes, zebras, gazelles, and birds (held up by invisible strings) would be present. Raffiki would come up on stage as well and the song begins to play out a few verses. Rafikki would tell the audience, "Come on, my friends! Let's celebrate for our King, Simba!" The backdrop would have an assortment of savannah trees, rocks, and sky. (I'm thinking of having a rod structure where various painted scenes could be shown during the duration of the show). Slowly, on a final note of the song, the lights go out and everything is quiet...for a moment.
    • Scene Seven: Alice In Wonderland
    After the 2 seconds of silence, the beginning of the "Alice In Wonderland" melody plays. The water screens come up and depict the dense, zany forest of Wonderland, but slowly comes back to our time and onto a quiet, beautiful field with flowers, and, in them, we see a blue little dress 'popping' up. They dim out and on stage is a quiet little field with Alice in them. There would be 4 lovely trees to go with the scene. Alice stands up and starts to sing "In A World Of My Own". After she is done singing, we see a White Rabbit shadow on the backdrop (which is depicting a quiet blue sky). This blanks out pretty quickly, but before the stage goes out completely, we see Alice is running towards the shadow. The screens quickly come up and play a segment from the movie where Alice is running after the Rabbit. After she drops down the 'hole', the screens go down, and we see Alice has stumbled into the Wonderland forest. The backdrop is now a Wonderland jungle. She begins to wonder around and comes to some AA flowers that were hidden by a forest prop just seconds ago. Alice says, "Oh! What beautiful flowers. If only they were real and they could talk to me...." The main rose replies back, "Oh, but we can dear!"
    "Oh My!"
    "Certainly. Would you care to hear a most delightful song?"
    "I would love to.." "In The Golden Afternoon" plays for quite a while until it slowly comes to an end and Alice wonders around some more through the zany Alice In Wonderland jungle props. We slowly hear the melody of "A Very Merry Un-birthday" play out. Alice goes through some jungle scenes, which move out of the way so guests would be able to see the Tea Party table (I'm thinking of [hopefully] using the Parade of Dreams Alice float). "How very curious," Alice would say as she sees that, on the table, the Mad Hatter, March Hare, and the White Rabbit are enjoying some tea. The table would actually be a floating barge that would already be set up at the beginning of the show. The table would 'break off' and go around the ROA, all the time Alice and the others jumping and laughing like crazy. The table would be on a silent motor that would be controlled by an unseen CM. [During this time, the stage would darken to clear the set for the next scene.] It would flow (again from guests' view) from left to right. At the end, a firework from the middle would go off just as they are singing the final note of the song. It explodes and the light that was following the table immediately goes out, and the screens immediately portray a Paris city. Thus, ending scene seven.
    • Scene Eight: The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
    During the 40 seconds of blackness on the stage, the water screens disappear and guests will see that the stage's backdrop has changed from a Wonderland jungle to Paris city. Some awesome sets (based off of Paris would also be present, including actual building facades). "Festival Of Fools" (Click here to listen [It's track number three; "Festival Of Fools" is also known as "Topsy Turvy"]) comes around and many jugglers would perform. Some would have stilts and others would hula-hoop. Quasimodo could be seen in the back, along with Esmeralda. They would come forward and dance together for a bit. Colorful fireworks would be launched behind TSI during the duration of this section. Quasimodo leaves Esmeralda and the dancers go as well. The lights dim out to only Esmeralda and the music changes to a new orchestra piece that would be a lot more emotional. The stage, which has been blackened out for quite a bit now, now only shows a poor family being made fun of by a rich snob. The snob leaves and the family is seen crying. Esmeralda, which has seen the whole thing, knows how it feels to be an 'outcast'. "God Help The Outcasts" (Click here to listen) begins to play and, the stage where she is standing on, breaks apart (very similar to that of the Alice In Wonderland section). The lights dim out on the poor, crying family and Esmeralda starts to sing the song. Controlled by a silent motor as well, the set floats forward so it is in front of the water screens. As she is singing, water screens show various scenes from the movie that portray the unfair treatment of the poor and of the outcasts. As the song comes to the chorus, the fountains/screens die down and a group of poor families can be seen on a new section stage that was built for this show (it would be on the far right side). Esmeralda would begin her travel from the far left (guests' view) or on the HM side. Therefore, the families and her would be very close during the chorus section. It would be a very emotional part of the show. And then the scene darkens and ends scene eight.
    • Scene Nine: The Fox And The Hound
    Following the very dramatic section of "God Help The Outcasts", the sad movie of Fox and the Hound (at least I thought) would be the next perfect show scene. "Goodbye May Seem Forever" (Click here to listen) would begin immediately after scene eight. The beautiful narration by the old lady at the beginning would be completely played out. During this time, the water screens come back and show quite a few scenes from the movie. The water fountains would also play out to this wonderful song. The water fountains and screens die out after the narration and two real trained animals (one fox and one dog) would be on stage to a forest setting (the backdrop) with a real waterfall in the background. (Maybe it could be costumed CMs; not sure what to do for this quite yet.) The two would be next to each other and the scene would darken after the song is complete.
    • Scene Ten: Dumbo
    After the short scene of the Fox and the Hound, Dumbo would come on board. The screens come back and show scenes of the train, Casey Junior, and the cute song "Casey Junior" (Click here to listen) breaks the somewhat depressing atmosphere. The song will continue for a bit, but soon the screens finish the pictures of the train, and soon Dumbo can be found with his mother on the screen. The screens go down, and, on stage, we see Dumbo's mom and Dumbo (they would be very cool looking puppets) in front of a fake train car facade. Slowly, we see Dumbo is upset, and "Baby Mine" (Click here to listen) starts to play. At the end of the shortened song, we see Dumbo's mom giving Dumbo a hug. The lights will fade out on the two.
    • Scene Eleven: Pinocchio
    When the lights fade out, the beautiful melody of "When You Wish Upon A Star" begins the scene. The water projections come up and the audience will see the sleepy little town of Pinocchio's village (as seen in the movie). We then hear Geppetto's voice above the music saying: "If only my beloved boy....could be real. It would be a dream come true!" All of a sudden, the dramatic orchestra stops to play the whimsical song of "I've Got No Strings". The water screens at this point are gone and, on stage, is Pinochhio and Geppetto, dancing away to a backdrop of the town and a set piece with some of Geppetto's clocks and such. Other 'doll' dancers will join in on the fun and a beautiful shadow of the caring Blue Fairy can be seen in the corner, making both Pinocchio and Geppetto's dreams a reality. This scene ends on a very happy note....until Monstro appears. When the stage goes dark, the water screens come up to show the familar scenes from the first Fantasmic! at Disneyland. Jiminy Cricket is seen struggling in the waves and Monstro is now a large puppet on a barge. The water screens continue but show nothing more. Monstro comes from (guests' view) right to left of the island. He will be connected on the Mark Twain 'track' so it would not stray. Monstro would be only half seen by the audience, the other supposedly half of his body would be underwater (Think of the cut-out in the DL ride- that is what guests will see). Monstro would go by quite quickly, swashing water and such, followed by a very dramatic and creepy orchestra piece. The water screns (remember they are still up) would portray flooding waters and lightening. The Monstro scene ends soon though and a new battle can be seen on the water screens- could it be a Pirate battle? Why yes, it is! This concludes scene 11.
    • Scene Twelve: Peter Pan
    During scene twelve, the Sailing Ship Columbia doesn't immediately come out. "The Second Star To The Right" melody plays out and the water screens die out on the Pirate ship animation clips and scan the island of Neverland. On stage, we see (with the backdrop being a part of Neverland) Peter Pan, Wendy and her siblings, and the Lost Boys are creating a plan on how to capture Hook's ship. They talk quietly and have a map on the table. Slowly, the Columbia will come out and we hear the fimilar tune of "A Pirate's Life". On a newly built ledge, Wendy, Pan, her siblings, and the Lost Boys would quietly sneak on board the ship, and, thus, creating the famous battle. The crocodile will still be behind the ship, but would be quite more advanced. The ship, like now, will go in the same direction and black out on the ending note.
    • Scene Thirteen: Sleeping Beauty
    After the Columbia battle, the show goes into another more 'quiet' moment (like in scenes 8 and 9). On stage, we see that the table Peter Pan was using to plan the attack has been decorated with a beautiful cloth. Aurora is there and the background is now of a forest and a castle.
    • THE AFTER SHOW

Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 07-10-2006 at 05:36 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Fantasmic! (Possible New Show Scenes/Enhancements)

*You may say what you think SO far on my show, THANK YOU!*

COMPLETE SHOW LIST AND OF SHOW SCENES SHOULD BE DONE BY MAY.

(I'll be in Boston from this upcoming Monday to Friday.)

Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 04-14-2006 at 05:34 PM.

• white and nerdy

okay..

oh dang it. I messed up..
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Banned User

Actually you can post what you think of it so far, but since I will be adding a lot over the next few days, put like at what scene I stopped at so I know what part you were on. So for example:

Posting on Scenes 1-5

"I really enjoyed the..."

OR

Posting on Scene 5

"I didn't care for it..."

See so tell me what scenes you will talking about. It would be just easier! Thanks Ya'll!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

it sounds long...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    it sounds long...
    It's not even done yet! Please read what I have so far..thanks

• Minion

Well I really like the idea of improved water fountains- I think that could create some really neat effects. I also agree that the show relies a little heavily on the water screens, and more actual movement would be great.

I like your idea in Scene 3 about having more, multicolored flowers. That could look great!

I disagree that Kaa should be cut from Scene 4- yes, he is a villian, but there are several villians (or spooky moments) in the pre-villian part. (Kaa, the elephants, Monstro, Mickey in the whirlpool). I think that those moments serve to show how the imagination can get a little out of hand.

You have great ideas for the Tarzan section in Scene 5, but I feel like maybe it's a little too much focus on one movie (especially one that's not a true classic).

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    it sounds long...
    I concur.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    Well I really like the idea of improved water fountains- I think that could create some really neat effects. I also agree that the show relies a little heavily on the water screens, and more actual movement would be great.

I like your idea in Scene 3 about having more, multicolored flowers. That could look great!

I disagree that Kaa should be cut from Scene 4- yes, he is a villian, but there are several villians (or spooky moments) in the pre-villian part. (Kaa, the elephants, Monstro, Mickey in the whirlpool). I think that those moments serve to show how the imagination can get a little out of hand.

You have great ideas for the Tarzan section in Scene 5, but I feel like maybe it's a little too much focus on one movie (especially one that's not a true classic).
    Great Points! Good point about Kaa.

• ...TWO BITS!

You guys forgot about Capt. Hook!! One of the best segments in the show is the Peter Pan Pirate battle!! And you forgot about King Louie.

The multiple flowers would probably look cool.

The "circular water fountain effect" I think you're talking about I think is already used in Princess Medley and Steamboat Mickey segment.

WDW's uses water screens more than DLR's I can assure you. I think the amount of use with DLR's water screens is just right.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    You guys forgot about Capt. Hook!! One of the best segments in the show is the Peter Pan Pirate battle!! And you forgot about King Louie.

The multiple flowers would probably look cool.

The "circular water fountain effect" I think you're talking about I think is already used in Princess Medley and Steamboat Mickey segment.
    Lol, I'm not there yet..haha King Louie I'll add! I can't believe I forgot him!

• Over Agrabah

how bout adding a bit of "Under the Sea" with Ariel & friends?

• Banned User

Just to let you know I'm beginning to add more to the list again.

• Banned User

Ok, I'm starting to get some real progress done! Yeah!

• Sock Puppet

As much as I like Fox and the Hound I just don't think it fits in Fantasmic. I also think that your idea of the show would be better (and shorter--easier for an audience to watch) if you weeded out some of your movie ideas that you don't like as much. Some of them don't seem as developed as others.

You've got a pretty healthy imagination though!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast