Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HoJo's or Candy Cane Inn?(merged)

hi, never stayed off property before so i need some suggestions on where to stay. doing quick trip on sunday/monday 9th/10th and looks like hojo and candycane still have rooms avail, so its down to between those two. which one would you go with if it were upto you? it'll be wifey, myself and our 5 year old, if that helps any.

thanks for the advice!

• My life is better with DL

Re: candycane or hojo...which one to choose?

I stayed at the Candcane about 6 years ago and it was really nice. If it is still that way, I'm not sure. Hojo's usually arent that great so if i were you i would check out the hotels website and make your decision off of that. If it were me, I would do candycane simply because i know/knew it. Goodluck

^This is the life!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mantrasia
    hi, never stayed off property before so i need some suggestions on where to stay. doing quick trip on sunday/monday 9th/10th and looks like hojo and candycane still have rooms avail, so its down to between those two. which one would you go with if it were upto you? it'll be wifey, myself and our 5 year old, if that helps any.

thanks for the advice!
    Both are well respected on these boards. I would go with whichever still has ressies available.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

HoJo all the way. I stay at the HoJo every time i come, and it is very nice. It is also walking distance to the park, where the candycane is within shuttle distance. So, if you're looking for convience, the HoJo will be your best bet.

Smile Re: candycane or hojo...which one to choose?

We have never stayed anywhere but the CandyCane for our last 5 trips down south. We have yet to have a bad experience there and can't wait for our next adventure to the Happiest Place On Earth!

• Senior Minion

Hojo's!Have been there many times throughout 2005,and have never had a bad experience. If there was, they were quick to fix the problem. :thumbs:
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

cool, thanks for all the info everyone (fast too!)

anyone know if hojo has any good discounts going besides the AAA rate? always trying to save a buck or two..haha

You can get priceline 3* rooms for $55 a night plus tax in either the disneyland area, or the costa mesa area(only abt. 10 min. away). That's what I would do!

ya, i was taking a look at priceline's name your price thing, but since we have a 5 yr old, i need a hotel really close, just in case we have a meltdown and need to get back to the room ASAP. mostly why i've got it narrowed down to the hojo or candycane. too bad you cant do the name your price thing on a specific hotel

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I've not stayed at CandyCane, but I have stayed at HoJo. I can't say enough good things about it. The rooms were a generous size, with a nice bathroom, separate sink/mirror outside bathroom (if you are staying with a partner this is handy) well-lit (we had a balcony window and a skylight) and most importantly, it is so close to the park you are pratically in it. You will probably hear the train go past occasionally, and you can see the fireworks from your window.

We literally had no idea how close we were until we wandered out all bleary-eyed after a 14 hour flight, only to find ourselves in Downtown moments later. If we can't afford an actual Disney hotel in a few years when we return, I'd certainly stay there again.

(OT, but I liked the Radisson Maingate as well, and that is only another minute or so by foot away).
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• GO DBACKS!!

Check Mousesavers to see if their discount helps for the HOJO. Just FYI about the HOJO, the freeway noise can be loud if you are in building one in a room without a park view. I prefer building 2. If we don't stay on property we stay at the HOJO.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Minion

I have stayed at both. I say Candy Cane. It is closer, it has it's OWN free shuttle, a awesome free breakfast,nice rooms and the beds are comfortable. The HoJo is nice. It is close to the park but a long way from the entrance. It is a long walk away after a long day at the parks. We just stayed at the Candy Cane a few weeks ago. It was great.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

I've stayed at both and prefer HoJo's. Why you ask? I can't stand exterior entrances to rooms - I always end up next to someone that smokes and it blows through the air conditioner/heating unit. HoJo's has interior hallways. Secondly, I was at CCI in Feb when the temps were in the mid-eighties. The CCI pool was way too small for the amount kids that wanted to swim. At HoJo's they have two pools - the main pool is considerably larger than CCI's. Not dissing CCI, I like the shuttle, the breakfast, and it is quiet and well maintained - I just prefer HoJo's.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I believe Hojo's has an AP rate. It's been a while, so maybe a phone call is in order.

Good luck!

I would recommend the candycane. it might be a little bit further to walk but they have their own shuttle which is far more easy access than the shuttle that Hojo uses. Also, I have stayed at several hotels in the area and bar none the candycane inn has the best continental breakfast in the area...plenty of fruit, muffins, donuts, bagels, cereal and drink choices...
    Loved IT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast