Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion FOREVER!

Why does DL section ALWAYS has the most people?

Hi... Just noticed that every day (and night), the DL section has consistently more
    people than any of the other boards. Of course, when any of the columnists posts
    something (esp. Al), there's an expected spike. For example, right now, there are 40
    people viewing DL, 10 for WDW and 8 for Al. And that's pretty typical.

Anyone want to tender a reason? Why are you in this section of MiceAge
    (as opposed to the other parts)?

Is there some West coast majority here at Micechat? Or is it that people are
    more passionate about DL? Maybe it's the upcoming 50th?

For me, it's just that it's the park I'm closest to, go to the most often and know the best.
    I would be here even if the 50th wasn't happening.
    Last edited by nish221; 04-05-2005 at 12:00 PM. Reason: grammer error

• Rock Star Minion

West Coast Majority. Most of us have been reading Al since he was at MP, another mostly-DL-centric site.
    And, Al writes about DL, DCA, and sometimes other SoCal parks. Out of 20 million locals, there's bound to be a core of fanatics.

For WDW, there is another site (wdwmagic?) that is just bursting with WDW info. (Way too much for my tastes, but others swear by it.)

• Rainicorn.

Cause Disneyland pwns.

And for reasons sediment said, of course.

• Banned User

Because Disneyland is the best....?

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Because Disneyland is the best....?
    Yup!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• I can't stand you.

Cause we rule the world

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    West Coast Majority. Most of us have been reading Al since he was at MP, another mostly-DL-centric site.
    And, Al writes about DL, DCA, and sometimes other SoCal parks. Out of 20 million locals, there's bound to be a core of fanatics.

For WDW, there is another site (wdwmagic?) that is just bursting with WDW info. (Way too much for my tastes, but others swear by it.)
    Hmm.. I got to wdwmagic too but I must say that I enjoy it over here more. heh. Just my opinion I guess. But that is also because DISNEYLAND IS THE BEST! and well all know it!

As for the West Coast Majority... dramaqueen and I would like to remind you that you also have a great number of people from the midwest. Because the midwest farmer's daughter keeps her boyfriend warm at night...

• Lurker

I've noticed from reading both that the majority of topics in each is different (and this usually true for other boards as well). In the DL boards people talk more about the attractions and the theming and all those things that make the magic (or don't make it). Whereas on the WDW boards, more topics are about the resort: where to stay (or not), where to eat, how to figure out the passes, how to make reservations, blah, blah, blah. I find that kinda dull so I personally lurk here more often.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Because the midwest farmer's daughter keeps her boyfriend warm at night...
    aaaaaaactually.... the midwest farmer's daughter really makes you feel alright.

• Rainicorn.

I think overall DLers are more passionate about what goes on in DL with the theming, attractions and such. It was so stagnant for a while that with all of this corporate and management change, we really want to see some progress.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Disneyland is home. It is our place of renewal.It is those warm arms we go home to every night. Disneyland is all about warm puppies and apple pie. It is the soft breeze on a warm summer night. Disneyland is more than a place, it is heart. It is Walt's home. WDW can never achieive this. WDW is just another amusement park.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Disneyland is the best, and you know why.

I can't believe you can compare anything else to Disneyland in Anaheim. Disneyland is the best and the other parks, well... I'm going to be nice because I don't want to be kicked off the boards. If you support the other parks you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Thank you.

• Waiting for the stork

why are so many on the Disneyland section?

Um, because we are all Disney Nuts!!!

why else would we be on the boards at all? I have friends that like Disneyland, they call me for advice, etc. but I am the only Disney Dork in my crowd, so I come here daily to get my mini Disney fix and talk to other Disney Dorks just as obsessed as I am.

Seems very logical that we would always check the Disneyland section when we get on the boards.

Just my Dorky opinion
    procrastibating

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by KoH
    Disneyland is home. It is our place of renewal.It is those warm arms we go home to every night. Disneyland is all about warm puppies and apple pie. It is the soft breeze on a warm summer night. Disneyland is more than a place, it is heart. It is Walt's home. WDW can never achieive this. WDW is just another amusement park.

Don't forget raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens!!!!!!!

I think for me, it's cause I'm close to Disneyland and visit there alot. If I were planning a trip to WDW or DLP I'd spend more time there, but yea.....I'm poor so I stick to DLR. For me really right now, it's to find out what is going on with the 50th mostly. Cause I can't stand surprises and I need to know everything.

other than that I've been in the lounge alot this afternoon bugging everyone there.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Rainfully
    aaaaaaactually.... the midwest farmer's daughter really makes you feel alright.

I think Minnesota qualifies as a "Northern" area ... so BPF et al are qualified to keep their boyfriends warm at night .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast