Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm your huckleberry.

Music in Downtown Disney

So last night as FPM and I were walking from the monorail to Sephora, I heard the most shocking atmosphere music in DTD!!!!!!!

Over the speakers was playing the new Eminem and Nate Dogg song, "Shake That..."

Now this just happens to be one of my favorite songs right now, but OMG.... in DTD???? What are they thinking?

Have any of you heard other REALLY racy songs played there?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Music in Downtown Disney

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    So last night as FPM and I were walking from the monorail to Sephora, I heard the most shocking atmosphere music in DTD!!!!!!!

Over the speakers was playing the new Eminem and Nate Dogg song, "Shake That..."

Now this just happens to be one of my favorite songs right now, but OMG.... in DTD???? What are they thinking?

Have any of you heard other REALLY racy songs played there?
    Not racy so much as not "kid friendly" lyrics. About a month ago, I was shopping in DTD in the morning and heard two damns and an *** on different songs. They were fun tunes, but I remember thinking it was WEIRD that these are the tunes they want for their playlist."

• Disneyland Cast Member

That happens because the audio comes from a Satellite Radio service. Disney doesn't have a playlist that they put together. I have on times called the audio dept. when I've heard much worse in the lyrics.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Disnerd
    That happens because the audio comes from a Satellite Radio service. Disney doesn't have a playlist that they put together. I have on times called the audio dept. when I've heard much worse in the lyrics.
    Wow, it's really surprising that Disney would farm out the audio for DTD! I wonder why they don't use their own system. I'm sure there's enough music via Hollywood Records or Buena Vista to use, without having Eminem singing about oral hygeine outside of Build A Bear!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

I've noticed those kind of songs in DTD. I think it's a little inappropriate to say the least!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Although kids aren't allowed in the clubs, similar music plays in the newer portions of DTD Orlando. Yes it mostly eminates from Pleasure Island but carries out, as I got an earful of Rob Zombie's "Feel So Numb."

It's a little jarring if you just came out of Fantasyland, but you're not in the park at that point so I wouldn't complain about it. More vulgar acts have played at DTD's House of Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    More vulgar acts have played at DTD's House of Blues.

What's wrong with The Residents?

• :)

I think it's good for DTD.....DTD has a different crowd, mainly teenagers and that music is more apealing to the younger crowds (just my opinion) but that music in the park(s) would be very innapropriate...and about the music played at HOB...it doesnt reflect DTD in any way, I've been to shows there where there are groups talking about getting drunk, high, and performing sexual deviants......I dont think Disney cares to much about what goes on in the venue seeing how you need to be a certain age to enter the building for those types of performances.

• THE DMCA STONER!

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM
    I think it's good for DTD.....DTD has a different crowd, mainly teenagers and that music is more apealing to the younger crowds (just my opinion) but that music in the park(s) would be very innapropriate...and about the music played at HOB...it doesnt reflect DTD in any way, I've been to shows there where there are groups talking about getting drunk, high, and performing sexual deviants......I dont think Disney cares to much about what goes on in the venue seeing how you need to be a certain age to enter the building for those types of performances.
    I totally agree!
    BOO!

• Puppy Cuddles

That's weird. I remember being pissed off when I heard them playing Simple Plan's "Addicted" and they cut out the "I'm addic...I'm addicted to you..." and they also edited out "She was gonna shake her a** on the hood of Whitesnake's car" from 1985. There is some form of editing going on.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

It's not just DTD. Go sit for awhile at Club Buzz and listen to the music they play there. Not quite as racy but still suggestive.

• wasting time

A couple days ago they were playing My Humps by Black Eyed Peas.

Eeeeew! Yeah, there should also be a limit on bad songs played at DTD, too. Of course, that would probably eliminate most of what is played on the radio nowadays, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    A couple days ago they were playing My Humps by Black Eyed Peas.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

At least at HOB, it's inside and only the people who want to see that band are in there. I agree, I've heard some odd music choices at Club Buzz lately, too. As a parent, it makes me raise an eyebrow and I'm always scanning to see if anyone else is actually listening, looking for another raised eyebrow in the crowd.

At my son's school (AT SCHOOL!) we had a jogathon a few weeks ago, and they were pumping music to keep the kids running around, which I'm sure the neighbors were thrilled about at 8:30 in the morning. But they played that Pink song "Get the Party Started" (or whatever it's called, the one from the gym commercials) and it got to the part where she says "you'll be kissing my a$$" and it wasn't edited at all. I almost fell off the picnic table! At school!
    A signature should go here.

• Hooterville, USA

Any place that has the name "Disney" in it should not be playing music that has language that you wouldn't say to your kids.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast