Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

"Baroque Hoedown"

Hey Everyone, I am really bored this morningso I went serching for the most complete recording of "Baroque Hoedown" I could find....Well Here it is.

http://www.jeanjacquesperrey.com/jjp/mp3/mp3s.html

Incase you don't know and are new on the Disney Circut "Baroque Hoedown" Is the base music For "The Main Street Electrical Parade"
    Last edited by Hilsbro; 04-17-2006 at 06:12 PM.

Re: "Baroque Hoedown"

Cool, thanks! But isn't the most complete version on the DL 6 CD set?

This and "Grim Grinning Ghosts" are my 2 absolute favorites Disney park tunes.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thanks Hilsbro - it's great to hear that tune again. As I've posted many times here, there was nothing quite like the tingle I got every time I'd be watching the 9pm Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade (as it should always be remembered)...when you saw the blue fairy coming down Main Street from my favorite perch by the train station...you heard that music coming up...the announcement...the lights go out....chills again...and the way they weaved in each themed float with the the main musical theme....ingenious! Thanks!

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    Cool, thanks! But isn't the most complete version on the DL 6 CD set?
    The DL 6 disc set does not have the DL version of the parade. They used the recordings from the original Tokyo Disneyland parade from 1983 with our announcements. The most complete version is on the Fantasmic CD. It offers as a b-side a full 14 minute version of the MSEP from 1980.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Hey thanks for finding that link. I've been wondering for a while what the original recording of "Baroque Hoedown" sounded like before it was adapted into the Electrical Parade. Kinda neat hearing it without any Disney music infused.

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    Hey thanks for finding that link. I've been wondering for a while what the original recording of "Baroque Hoedown" sounded like before it was adapted into the Electrical Parade. Kinda neat hearing it without any Disney music infused.
    This audio sample IS from the MSEP. This is what the parade sounded like when it debuted June 17, 1972. The sound wasn't updated til 1977. I have a full mp3 of the parade prior to the 1977 update that sounds indentical to this audio cilp.

• Hooterville, USA

Still sounds great!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    This audio sample IS from the MSEP. This is what the parade sounded like when it debuted June 17, 1972. The sound wasn't updated til 1977. I have a full mp3 of the parade prior to the 1977 update that sounds indentical to this audio cilp.
    The parade ran for five years without any Disney music woven into it? Didn't know that. That's interesting. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    The DL 6 disc set does not have the DL version of the parade. They used the recordings from the original Tokyo Disneyland parade from 1983 with our announcements. The most complete version is on the Fantasmic CD. It offers as a b-side a full 14 minute version of the MSEP from 1980.
    That would be on the DL Fantasmic CD correct?

Hmm, I didn't know that...thanks for the information. Something told me I should have bought the DL Fantasmic CD when we went to DL in 2004.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    The parade ran for five years without any Disney music woven into it? Didn't know that. That's interesting. Thanks!
    That's not what I meant. The audio sample above is from the introduction (ie: the first minute of music from the parade. The Disney songs are woven into the main melody once you reach the Alice In Wonderland section.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

lol....look...Clog dancing instructions for the song....

http://www.clogdancing.com/cuesheets...hoedown-jd.pdf
    Last edited by Hilsbro; 04-16-2006 at 09:13 AM.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

also here is an amazon page with an album made by the people...pretty cool sounding

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...outThisProduct

• no flash photography...

I like the new updated version better.

• See you there!

Good Find! It is really interesitng to listen to the Disneyland MSEP version and compare the differences. The version you found without the Disney-fication is 2:28 minutes, while the parade version from the MSEP/Fantasmic CD is 14:18 min.

Very good!

CU@DL

Andy

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Does the terms "Baroque Hoedown" have any meanings to them??? I mean why would they name a song "Baroque Hoedown"???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast