Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Guys, remember who disneyland is targeted for, CHILDREN! Wouldnt it be amazing if a big Woody fan got to go on his ride? I say build more dark rides!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Inappropriate

Hmm...as much as i hate this idea, and am really starting to dislike movie tie-in rides (there's nothing wrong with a few) I actually think the Woody's Round Up dark ride on horses sounds kinda neat As for the carousel and mine: BAH! But i really think they need something different. Judging from an aerial photo, that area is just smaller than Toon Town, but still large enough for a good e-ticket or a couple D/C tickets. Villains would be cool. Western River is probably too big. ANd you can't cross the berm because there's buildings right on the other side (no idea what they are though.) OKay...i'm done.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Hmm...as much as i hate this idea, and am really starting to dislike movie tie-in rides (there's nothing wrong with a few) I actually think the Woody's Round Up dark ride on horses sounds kinda neat As for the carousel and mine: BAH! But i really think they need something different. Judging from an aerial photo, that area is just smaller than Toon Town, but still large enough for a good e-ticket or a couple D/C tickets. Villains would be cool. Western River is probably too big. ANd you can't cross the berm because there's buildings right on the other side (no idea what they are though.) OKay...i'm done.
    I agree! Kinda neat... I think I would enjoy anything they put back there. Eh what can I say I am easy to please.

"This guy!"

• Minion

I think anything would be better than whats there now.

• Inappropriate

For the longest time i didn't even know ANYthing was there, so anything is a surprise for me!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Guys, remember who disneyland is targeted for, CHILDREN! Wouldnt it be amazing if a big Woody fan got to go on his ride? I say build more dark rides!

No, it's not. It was created for everyone.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DS Mouse
    Heard they are also putting in an Incredibles ride over at DCA that will be and e-ticket. Not sure what Incredibles has to do with California but another e-ticket would be good.
    This is really anal of me, but as a Bay Area resident it's quite obvious the city in the final sequence is based on or simply is San Francisco. An Incredibles ride might actually give SF some decent representation in DCA... but that's another thread.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Despite what Eisner/Pressler/Harris had you belive. Disneyland was meant for people of all ages to enjoy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Despite what Eisner/Pressler/Harris had you belive. Disneyland was meant for people of all ages to enjoy.
    Yep . . .

And even so, children can learn to love original attractions as they and adults always have. (Heck, Woody is an original character in film.)

Must all new attractions be based on successful film characters? That means forget any new original characters. Is the magic, then, "dead" in a respect? Let's hope not. . .

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Here's a Walt Disney quote worth mentioning in this thread:

"You're dead if you aim only for kids." ~ Walt Disney

He was right. Think on it: A Bug's Land, new Pooh attraction, Playhouse Disney show @ DCA, Toontown... Yeah, they're areas to take the kids to, but as an adult you'd wish you were somewhere else, like on an E ticket ride or at least something themed with adults and kids in mind.
    This alleged WoodyLand isn't going to work, it'll be popular for awhile and then die down and be a ghost town area. Like I said before, kids only like what their parents are enjoying too, especially when they're young. (When they're teens, well that's a different story.)
    Disney needs to throw some money at an E Ticket attraction in this area. It'll even the flow of guest traffic to this area that can accommodate lots of people. When they had the 'Festival of Fools' going, this area could hold a lot of people which made the rest of the park less crammed...

Happy Belated Birthday, Darthokeefe.
    You know, at DCA, even the "kiddie" rides have a height requirement. My mom took my 3 year old sister last weekend to DCA with high hopes... the poor kid couldn't even ride Jumpin' Jellyfish with it's 40" height requirement... I don't know many people over 40" that would want to go on that. And even in A Bug's Land-- the place that's supposed to be FOR kids-- she wasn't able to ride the bumper cars, again because of a 40" height requirement. That's silly!

She was able to ride, I think, about four things that day... there's something WRONG with that.

EDIT: By the way, my first post here!

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite
    No, it's not. It was created for everyone.
    AAAAA-MEN.

And I enjoy the GOOD "kiddie rides" just as much as an e-ticket. I am willing to wait in line for an hour to ride Peter Pan's Flight just because it's so stunning (they need to just close and refurb that ride with four-seater minimum ships).... but I only head up to Pooh if I know the wait will be ten minutes or less-- i.e. after 8 pm. I love the Storybook Land Canal Boats just as much as the Matterhorn.

I have high high hopes for DR opening in that area (which is HUGE, they could put a great e-ticket there, although they'd have to reroute the railroad again) a really great e-ticket for everyone. Although I doubt current management would allow something great like Pirates of the Carribean to get approved, I'm crossing my fingers.

ick not ANOTHER Carousel seriously it was overkill putting in an extra one in DCA
    Kinda like at WDW, they have Aladdin's carpets, Dumbo, and the Astro orbiter all at the Magic Kingdom, and the the Tricertop Spin at Animal Kingdom.

I hope this isn't true, as it woulds like the Dino-rama added to Animal Kingdom and the Bug's Land added to DCA. I really don't think something like this will fit in with the surrounding area.

Cris

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by DS Mouse
    Heard they are also putting in an Incredibles ride over at DCA that will be and e-ticket. Not sure what Incredibles has to do with California but another e-ticket would be good.
    At this rate Disney's California Adventure is going to become Disney's Pixar Adventure.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

The possible good news about a "Cartoony Western area" is that maybe that they could do something will some of Disney's older western characters, like Pecos Bill or Windwagon Smith!

.....oh wait...I thinking that Joe Normal would actually care
    Last edited by s8ntmark; 04-12-2005 at 10:32 AM.

a white water Maelstrom would be good. western river expedition. have the boats feel like they are out of control. seat belts required (straps). kinda like indy in water. im sure they could make them water proof.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234