Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• .......MORE COWBELL

Reports on a new Woody Land in DL

Rumbling about a new small area dedicated to the Woody/Jesse/Bullseye caracters from Toy Story are showing up on the net (Jim Hill). I had heard about this from a friend a few weeks ago but didnt think it was believable. Rumor has a small area on the old thunder Ranch BBQ/FOF site will be turned into a dark ride thru woodys round up (riding HORSES). and a smaller family ride. (JHMEDIA SAYS A CRITTER CAROUSEL) Also a Prospectors Mine Walk Thru. Sounds cute and would liven up a dead section of the Park

PS - TODAYS MY B-DAY
    Last edited by Darthokeefe; 01-19-2005 at 10:02 PM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Oh, that would be terrible news! That is one of the prime areas for a huge new E ticket. If they build anything solid there, you can kiss the Gyser Mt or Western River concepts good by.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

ick not ANOTHER Carousel seriously it was overkill putting in an extra one in DCA

how often are people expected to ride this thing? (I'll escuse Dumbo and the Orbiter because they have mild differences though those differences used to be much more apparant)

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Oh, that would be terrible news! That is one of the prime areas for a huge new E ticket. If they build anything solid there, you can kiss the Gyser Mt or Western River concepts good by.
    Gyser Mt is pretty much the exact same thing as ToT

Wester River is good though

• SkiboDisney

Heard they are also putting in an Incredibles ride over at DCA that will be and e-ticket. Not sure what Incredibles has to do with California but another e-ticket would be good.

• Again! Again! Again!

Like DL really needs another show! Rides! Rides! Rides! We want rides!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

I had always hoped they'd put in a Disneyland version of Tokyo Sea's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" attraction. It would fit and theme very nicely back there...
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Instead of building yet another kids area why don't they spend that money instead on re-building the best kids area ever?.............Tom Sawyers Island.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Journey to the Center of the Earth would fit well into a reworked Discovery Bay, which was supposed to have gone back there to begin with. Discovery Bay that is, not JttCofE
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Discovery Bay would've been alright I suppose but really I can't see Journey fitting back there size wise and it just doesn't seem to be a good fit for the park I'd rather see something more westernish then Journey which I suppose is why I'll still go with the River Expedition

a Woody darkride would be alright but I too am getting tired of pixar, I'd even take Pocahontas over Woody

• Compulsive Map Collector

I previously posted a link to the story in another thread: http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=230

• Walt Disney Disciple

Add me to the count of underwhelmed folks. Definitely don't like this concept and would much prefer a E-ticket instead. There's plenty of rides for kids at DL (DCA on the other hand...), we don't need this.
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

• insufferable know-it-all

I doubt the concept. As a temporary area? Maybe. Not likely permanent though.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• .......MORE COWBELL

You know the western river expedition thing is NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. No way in 2005 that kind of scratch would ever be allotted into anything that is not a thrill ride. Sounds Cool but not commercial enough for the suits to greenlight.

But come to think of it nothing of that scope has been built in many years (INDY) and nothing of that scope without a thrill component in DECADES.

HERES TO HOPE

• Still lost in Neverland

To be honest, I am just sick and tired of Toy Story ad nauseum. How many ways are they going to keep this thing alive. It was cute when the first one came out. The second one was better because of the old TV tie ins and a nice backstory. But come on. It's past it's prime now and much better things have come from Pixar. Unfortunately not from Disney itself other than Lilo/Stich, and they are mining that one for all it's worth now. I love Stitch and they can keep him going forever as I do place him in a "Classic" character mold as he is classic. Just new classic. I would like to see some original thinking here now. The Imagineers have such good track records up to now, they need to start working with original materials from Disney's own rich library. There is lots of stuff in the vault that hasn't been touched yet. Just my ramblings and thoughts.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast