Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Bring me the head of mickey Mouse

Disturbing to see his head impaled...but wicked cool nonetheless.

• I Hate Peter Pan

That head is the one that was re-designed in the late 80's...not much different from the one used today either at any park or ice capades, it does not matter. However, in may opinion, it was definitely stolen at some point. I was in character dept. long ago and did some traveling and remember how stricked rules were......Oh and yes if you ever get in trouble and get taken to security behind main street, you will see the break area and the scary sight of life less heads every where.
    Last edited by James T Hook; 04-17-2006 at 12:04 PM.
    SMEEEEEEEE.......................HELP ME!!!

• Sock Puppet

*chills* Poor Mickey... I like to see him all together at once. There is no way I could ever have that in my house.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by James T Hook
    That head is the one that was re-designed in the late 80's...not much different from the one used today either at any park or ice capades, it does not matter. However, in may opinion, it was definitely stolen at some point. I was in character dept. long ago and did some traveling and remember how stricked rules were......Oh and yes if you ever get in trouble and get taken to security behind main street, you will see the break area and the scary sight of life less heads every where.
    I know this is off topic. But I do notice a differance between the mickey heads from today and ones from the 70's and earlier. When did they redesign it?

Also I remember that Pooh used to have a costume with a honey pot on his head. when did that get changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Minion

Red Face Re: Bring me the head of mickey Mouse

I must admit that the most dramatic scene I ever witnessed when I was a newly hired cast member was to see Mickey walking into the backstage area, a safe distance from the doorway, and remove his head! What made it more jaw dropping was the young girls tiny head in it's place! It was so disturbing to see the the body we all recognize as Mickey Mouse but sitting up on his shoulders was a shrunken human head.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    The Disney "Secret Police" will be knocking on this guys door any minute now. Disney protects it's charachters more than anything else so it is very unlikely that they know about this particular auction piece.
    Good luck with that, because it sounds like this guy is in Canada.

• Rawr...

Good luck with that, because it sounds like this guy is in Canada.
    Shouldn't be too much of a problem... Disney has squeezed its way into three other countries with theme parks... whats to stop three large men with earpieces, dark sunglasses, and wearing all black ninja suits from breaking down some poor Canadian's door. "Wait, I paid $1000 for that!!! Eh?"
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• I Hate Peter Pan

The last major re-design came in 1985. The softer type of rubber or latex replaced the hard plastic and Mickey was then able to wiggle his nose when done right. Yes Pooh used to have a honey pot on his head the costume was worn by a taller CM and vision was done thru pot as the head sat on your shoulders, the same was done for the 3 little pigs before re-design. Those changes came in roughly 93'....Too many back injuries prompted the change, as well as ability to move arms, Pooh could not sign Autographs.

• Colorful

Cool Re: Bring me the head of mickey Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by James T Hook
    The last major re-design came in 1985. The softer type of rubber or latex replaced the hard plastic and Mickey was then able to wiggle his nose when done right. Yes Pooh used to have a honey pot on his head the costume was worn by a taller CM and vision was done thru pot as the head sat on your shoulders, the same was done for the 3 little pigs before re-design. Those changes came in roughly 93'....Too many back injuries prompted the change, as well as ability to move arms, Pooh could not sign Autographs.
    Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with what the Three Little Pigs looked like before the 3 little pigs re-design. Is there a before-and after picture? Sorry if this is boring to you but I am quite fascinated.

• ...lurks...

OMGosh...that's awesome! I want one!!

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by chris2fett
    Sorry I don't have any more info on this auction. Like I stated in my first post, this is a collector who purchased this costume piece from some auction in Canada. He had stated that the "head" was about 30 years old. I'm thinking this may have been part of a costume form a stage show or ice capades type show, not one of the "park" Mickey heads.
    Did he post this on a forum, and if so can we have a link to the post? Otherwise, how was this information relayed to you?

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2fett
    Sorry I don't have any more info on this auction. Like I stated in my first post, this is a collector who purchased this costume piece from some auction in Canada. He had stated that the "head" was about 30 years old. I'm thinking this may have been part of a costume form a stage show or ice capades type show, not one of the "park" Mickey heads.
    I traveled with a Disney on Ice show nearly 10 years ago. Our classic character costumes (i.e. Mickey, Donald... the gang...) had not been worn in the parks, but were the same costumes that you would see there. The character costumes for the ice shows are supplied by the theme park divisions.

Now, as for how this head may have been up for auction... well... knowing how well these things can be protected the head that was purchased most surely was a stolen item.

• I Hate Peter Pan

Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with what the Three Little Pigs looked like before the 3 little pigs re-design. Is there a before-and after picture? Sorry if this is boring to you but I am quite fascinated.
    Here is a link to a site that will show you before before and after pictures of the 3 little pigs........

http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/wdw-pc57.htm

As well as info on others, if you scroll down and move on to page 4, you can see the old Pooh costume you remember..........Not boring at all to me, brings back great memories.

• Colorful

Cool Re: Bring me the head of mickey Mouse

What a neat site. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate the help.

I assume the costume revamps are done at the same time for all of the parks or is that not correct?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I believe the Mickey head might have been part of this auction, they had the Clooney "Batman & Robin" full costume too (the same one donated to Planet Hollywood Beverly Hills w/ Arnold's complete "Mr. Freeze" costume)

Our March 31st auction brought over $2 MILLION DOLLARS worth of Hollywood Memorabilia! Collectors from around the world bid on Hollywood artifacts from film and television including props, costumes, production art and photographs. Profiles in History is recognized for setting world record prices on some of Hollywood’s most prized artifacts and many of the auction highlights and new World Records are listed below!
    HOLLYWOOD AUCTION 24 HIGHLIGHTS
    http://www.profilesinhistory.com/
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast