Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Does anybody think they will finally put the lights in that were supposed to "Send messages to other intelligent life"?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    I saw it operate soon after it was installed. "Big-Whoop-A-Tron."

Based on recent changes in TL, I suspect that thing will be sold for so much a pound fairly soon.
    Is there anything NOT wrong with the Observatron?

1. It's parked in the space clearly labeled "Reserved for Rocket Jets."
    2. It's hella lame.
    3. It's a pain in the *** for CMs at Innoventions and Honey who have to shout over its din every fifteen minutes. Of course, it's not nearly as loud as those bloody acrobats they brought in a couple of summers ago, but still.

The only thing I'll say in its favor is that it turned me on to James Horner's score for The Rocketeer, which I like very much.

And yes--if there's any justice in the universe, it will soon be making itself useful as concrete reinforcement somewhere near Chino.
    Eric Dean

[Countdown=&day=12&month=5&year=2005&hour=12&min=20 &sec=55]Getting off this dead volcano and back to California in:[/countdown]

"Welcome aboard, friends. This is Captain Collins. Now, first let me assure you that TWA has taken every precaution for your safety during this flight. We're proud of our safety record, and aside from a few brief moments of weightlessness, you'll suffer no discomfort in outer space."
    --from Rocket to the Moon

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

I saw some of the pieces (large saucer sections) backstage recently...I think it may get re-painted.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

AP2CH said:
    I saw some of the pieces (large saucer sections) backstage recently...I think it may get re-painted.
    Maybe it's being dismantled! (Please, please, please)
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Vehicle rotating backward

I'm not sure exactly what they should do with the space, but I think it's a cop-out to just put spinning rockets up there.

Personally, I'd either put a theming element that's much flashier up there or just tear the whole motor out and make it, you know, a roof. Then focus on putting something on the loading platform below.

TL 98 was wrong on all fronts and perhaps the biggest misstep the park ever took. The observa-deal was and is an abonimation. It makes me wince everytime I glance up there. *ouch* Take it down.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Banned User

Well even if they took a swan and made it a ugly piece of junk you have to respect that it is the same Rocket Jets we all know underneath.

Hopefully it will be transformed back to its beautiful state.
    Even if they kept it I wouldn't mind it staying for a little while longer if they painted it to match tomorrowland's new paint scheme.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I'm not sure exactly what they should do with the space, but I think it's a cop-out to just put spinning rockets up there.

Personally, I'd either put a theming element that's much flashier up there or just tear the whole motor out and make it, you know, a roof. Then focus on putting something on the loading platform below.
    That space belongs to the Rocket Jets. They shall be painted red and white. Children and adults will ride in them and be thrilled. Screams and laughter shall fill the air... and nothing will be flashier. I have spoken.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

from what I've understood so far the same source that fortold months (as far back as october?) ago of the new tomorrowland paint would happen has also said that neither the Orbiter or the obseritron would recieve new paint for now

however that source also said there are several concepts competing with each other for what may eventualy go up on that platform, only the future will tell

but look for more changes as Tomorrowlands 5 year plan continues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12