• Banned User

Oh how my opinion has changed over the last 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Posted to another site, about 8 months ago.

My 25 top most wanted changes:

Notthing too "out there" in these suggestions.

1) Remove Pirates FP machines and get the queue into the courtyard. Get the stroller parking away from Adventureland walkway.
    done

2) Get Splash FP machines away from Mansion exit (move back to where Pooh FP are).
    done

3) Get capicity up on Splash (there was a post from someone about 7 passenger logs replacing 5 passenger logs).
    Attempted... failed?

4) de-FastPass Star Tours, Roger Rabbit, Pooh, Autopia
    2 out of 4, with a 3rd rumored to be on the way.

5) Rework Matterhorn queue to make it 100% wheelchair accessable.
    I hate SAP people cutting in.

6) Send Indy stand-by into internal queue. Rework outside queue into child swap, SAP, FP waiting area and stroller parking. Send FPs in the exit to merge into stand-by at well or movie room.
    I hate people standing outside in the sun while the wonderful queue is empty.

7) Rework Mr. Toad and Peter Pan queue to be 100% wheelchair accessable.
    Again, hate people having to go in the exit.

Now the more controversial.

8) Slow down the boats on Jungle Cruise to make the ride longer. Switch from the current "joke only" version to a mix of humor and the original serious feel.
    Hopefully the more serious feel will come back with the refurb.

9) Reduce number of FPs given out on Indy, BTMRR, Splash (Space and Buzz when they open) to make stand-by move faster, but exclude APs from getting FastPasses.
    I still think this is a good idea. Half as many FastPasses so the lines move twice as fast (twice as many people in the queues and out of the walkways). Reserve the FastPasses to those paying the most per visit....

And yes... I'm an AP, and I'd hate to lose FP, but not as much as I'd love for non-regulars to have a better time so they'll come back and spend more money so that I can get a better park.

10) Ensure NO AP gets in for less than a reasonable cost per trip..... Whether this be as simple as capping [of visits] No more 50-100 trips on a $300 AP, and no more 30% increases in the AP price to drive away the people coming 10-15 times a year.
    Changed my mind on this one... Jack the prices again. People like me may downgrade, but probably won't walk away from the AP program.

Now I get into some real money eating changes....
    11) Dedicated areana for Fantasmic!
    The idea is to convert the swap and hill (where mine train was wiped out) into a Fantasmic viewing area to open up Frontierland and New Orleans to foot trafic.

I still think this is a good idea, but would be tough to hide the seating from the passing river boats during the day.

12) Rebuild Fort Wilderness and Cascade Peak plus upgrade TSI play area.
    I still think this needs to be done. The river is quickly losing its "interesting stuff to look at".

13) Bring back subs as Nemo ride.
    This had been long rumored, so it isn't like I "came up with it". being done.

14) Low budget PM2.
    Again, changed my mind. I don't see the operational costs of PM justifying the low ridership it is likely to receive.... To have something just to make the land look "right".... seems like the wrong thing to do to me.

15-25) 4 E-Tickets, 4 C/D-Tickets, and a whole new theme for DCA over the next decade.
    I've downgraded my expectations a bit. I'll settle for 2 E-Tickets and 4 c/d tickets over the next 5 years.

• Banned User

I was glad to hear in Al's update that Autopia will hopefully be phasing out its Fastpass. It doesn't need it at all and it really congests that tiny corner by Innoventions.

Add this to the list though:

26) Remove Star Tours fastpass junk to free up the walkway

• Rock Star Minion

8. I agree to slow the JC down, but only to add more jokes.
    9. That's my idea!! I'm gonna sue!!!
    10. I'd still like to see PAP dumped instead. This lowers AP revenues, but it will make for a more enjoyable high season for the paying guests. And AP holders can still pay their $30 blockout fee to go during high season.

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dshimel
    12) Rebuild Fort Wilderness and Cascade Peak plus upgrade TSI play area.

I still think this needs to be done. The river is quickly losing its "interesting stuff to look at".
    Amen to that...I'm just curious to know, what the heck happened to the cabin on fire...why isn't it ablaze anymore as of recent?

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    The blazing cabin was stopped after the last draining of RoA. THere was a gas line that went there that hasn't been re-opened since.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!