Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Over Agrabah

Re: A new dark ride for DCA: Midway Mania

couldn't they just do a Lil Mermaid ride?

Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian, Scuttle all deserve a ride ... and about time, too

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Can't we have something less violent than shooting?

The last thing we want is a bunch of dissatisfied MiceChatters with guns in their hands...

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

If they insist on doing a shooting ride, I would really like to see one set in a classic shooting gallery style. No disney characters, no pixar characters. Maybe with some big animatronic bears that pop out unexpectedly that you must shoot to "survive" or something like that. Think a real life size version of the old Davy Crockett's shooting gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Soarin
    couldn't they just do a Lil Mermaid ride?

Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian, Scuttle all deserve a ride ... and about time, too
    I agree. I would love a little mermaid ride so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian
    If they insist on doing a shooting ride, I would really like to see one set in a classic shooting gallery style. No disney characters, no pixar characters. Maybe with some big animatronic bears that pop out unexpectedly that you must shoot to "survive" or something like that. Think a real life size version of the old Davy Crockett's shooting gallery.
    WHAT?!?!?! i know the old Country Bears animatronics are just lying around somewhere, but now you wanna shoot them?!?!?! have you no decency?
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Wink Re: A new dark ride for DCA: Midway Mania

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic
    WHAT?!?!?! i know the old Country Bears animatronics are just lying around somewhere, but now you wanna shoot them?!?!?! have you no decency?
    None whatsoever. Lets put some California Condors in there too!

• Curiouser and Curiouser

I think that they should build a test track type thrill ride based on the California freeways/traffic but that is just my opinion

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

they just had a slow ride open there, I think we need some more thrill rides. one similar to the Mummy at USH, except theme it all to Disney. well this is just what I think.

• Animatronic

Shouldn't they "place make" the pier and have a ride that supports the new place and time? If it's going to be 1920's carnie, they should put in a classic tunnel of love or museum of horrors. The problem with Toy Story is that it's about toys from the perspective of the toys and hence toy story fits nowhere in DCA or Disneyland.

Now a museum of horrors would be very cool. It could feature Disney suits with no imagination! An Oswald or Mickey ride could also fit the time period.

• The one, the only...

^^ This ride really does sounds like imagination has died at Disney. Why make a ride almost exactly like the Buzz ride? With the characters from the SAME movie? It sound like it is a CHEAP COPY!

Disney execs are wrong when they think this is like Monsters. That ride has a nice theme and interesting concept, entering the world of monsters. Just because it was cheap to create because of the re-use of the ride system and fairly small show, does not make it popular. Guest like it because it is new. They probably enjoy it now, but DCA needs rides with repeatability. The real test is when everyone has ridden it once. Will guests want to ride it again?

This new Paradise Pier ride has "poor design and concept" written all over it. DCA needs themed attractions that work together to take you to another world. Another cheap, tacky ride will not change the perception of DCA as "not worth the money."
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I doubt a similar ride system to Buzz would instantly be redundant. The problem with Toy Story is the time period. In the Toy Story world Woody's Round-up is a 1950s television phenomenon. How does a TV show from the 1950s wind up in a 1920s seaside resort? I think it could be really cool if it had a historic feel, so no amazing AAs with more simple dark ride tech, but the time period bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    Now a museum of horrors would be very cool. It could feature Disney suits with no imagination! An Oswald or Mickey ride could also fit the time period.
    Maybe its time to look into Rolly Crump's work on the Museum of the Wierd?

ok, i dunno about you all, but i vote that this thread and "Midway Mania at DCA" get merged, cuz im now gonna be posting my 2 posts from that thread onto here, but i dont feel like doin that any more after this lol, and theyre both on the same thing right next to each other. but thats just my 2 cents... anyways, heres what i posted over on that thread:

perhaps they could make it like pooh's ride over in tokyo: no tracks, just cars seemingly gliding over the floor, spinning, swerving around one another, etc. That would make shooting the targets more difficult. They could even put sensors on the outside of each car, so that when you shoot another car in the same room as you, that car starts spinning wildly out of control.

If you did it that way, letting two cars at a time leave the loading station, those two cars could compete against one another, so that you're not going for the high score, but rather going for which car wins between the two. I think there is a ride at Universal that already does this kind of idea (Men In Black maybe?) but im not sure about that. Anyways, it would still be a unique (for Disney) spin on the dark/shooter type ride.

if they launched 2 cars out, each car holding say 4 passengers, plus one AA. if they are insisting on using Pixar characters, one car could hold an AA Woody and the other hold an AA Jessie. The background story (learned in the queue) would be that jessie challenged woody to a shootin competition, and we're invited along for the ride, somethin like that.

each time your car hits a target, your respective character could shout out words of encouragement ("nice shootin partner")

at the end of the ride, you could find yourself facing the horse (i dont remember his name). on each side of the horse there are pictures of the two cars with their riders, and the horse turns to face which car (woody or jessie) won the match.

what do you guys think? it could be a big price tag, but a ride like this might just be able to be classified as an E-ticket dark ride, so it might be worth the money

.....of course thats just my opinion, i could be wrong
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Minion

NO NO NO NO, no more Dark rides, unless they can come up with a NEW concept. It just sounds like a easy way out. I still think they just hit a single with Monsters INc. They can do better. Is Pixar people behind this attraction? Think about this for second....Out of all the E-ticket attractions that are mostly popular at Disneyland and yes DCA, which ones are themed after a Animation Film? 2 (SPLASH and BUzz) The rest are not and they are great.
    Jason

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I think another dark ride would be great (as the park needs expansion and Monsters has proven quite the hitch).

I don't think the BLAB tech is a bad idea, but the fact that they would be using Toy Story characters for this ride with the same tech as well seems to be too much, IMO. Maybe if they placed a bunch of Dinsey villians in the ride instead, it would be a great hit I think. You could travel through different scenes too, depending on the character or movie. For example, one could shoot at Malificent (in dragon form) in her lair, while her little minions pop up and attack you from different places. At the end, all of the heros from the stories could thank you for your help.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I don't have a problem with it sounding like the Buzz ride across the esplanade. People were saying how Monsters Inc, was going to be terrible because it was the same as superstar limo. Monsters has turned out to be a great thing. I'm sure that Disney isn't going to make the exact same attraction as BLAB in DCA. They're smarter than that. Also, those saying that they want something other than a darkride, DCA needs more attractions period. A well done dark ride will only be a good thing for the park. Major E-ticket attractions will come along, but DCA was missing the smaller attractions that fill out a park.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast