Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Empress of Randomness

Re: Planning question for the Gumball Rally...

this sounds like so much fun..id love to do it except the problem is i live about a 14 hour flight away and flights cost a fortune but ill definately follow it online!!!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

How are the teams going to be organized? How many people on a team? Do we each make up our own teams?????? So many questions, so much excitement!

• Empress of Randomness

The glowing wristband idea is so clever...i would have thought of a t-shirt of something...did u get gumball rally printed on the gumballs or are they blank?

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Laura678
    this sounds like so much fun..id love to do it except the problem is i live about a 14 hour flight away and flights cost a fortune but ill definately follow it online!!!
    Just cancel that trip to Disneyland Paris next month and join up!

How are the teams going to be organized? How many people on a team? Do we each make up our own teams??????
    Basically, every person that wants to participate and receive trinkets, gifts and mementos, has to register for the event. If a group of people want to participate as a "team", they can register seperately and let event management know who is going to be on their team.

On the morning of September 29th, participants will receive their event credentials, including their numbered wristband.

If you are participating as part of a team effort, then only one wristband will be assigned to your team. That means that the person on your team with the wristband is the person who is going to have to be on every ride that your team is documenting... so choose wisely.

If someone wants to participate in this event and have other non-partipants join them in their days activities in the Park, that is fine. But be aware that planning for this event is far from over, and ultimately may end up with elements that only event participants may be able to participate in.

Is that cryptic enough for you...?

...did u get gumball rally printed on the gumballs or are they blank?
    Printed gumballs are very expensive, therefore they have been dropped as an unnecessary element of this event.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• I'm your huckleberry.

Hey, Circarama, I just want to make sure you have me down as a volunteer to help staff the event. I don't think I'm up for running around like a loon, but I'd love to help other people do it!

Let me know how I can help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Charlie, I am still willing to help with the Rally if you need it.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    If you are participating as part of a team effort, then only one wristband will be assigned to your team. That means that the person on your team with the wristband is the person who is going to have to be on every ride that your team is documenting... so choose wisely.
    does that mean that only one member of each team will HAVE to go on each ride?

and I say the earlier the better, as I have to get up early to go to work Saturday!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Hey, Circarama, I just want to make sure you have me down as a volunteer to help staff the event. I don't think I'm up for running around like a loon, but I'd love to help other people do it!

Let me know how I can help!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Charlie, I am still willing to help with the Rally if you need it.
    Thanks guys! I'll probably need help, so I'll keep you guys in mind as the event draws nearer.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverLand
    ...does that mean that only one member of each team will HAVE to go on each ride?
    On the advice of my event attorney, I'm issuing the following statement:
    The rules are not set in stone and we're taking all suggestions into consideration at this time. Our goal is to make sure that every participant has a magical day.

Since I have been warned about giving out too much info that may change, I can still talk about the timing of the event and what is going to work for most of the participants. So far, it looks like most people would like to end the event at a reasonable hour. Given that we are not discouraging families from participating, that would be good for the younger participants.
    Last edited by Circarama; 04-19-2006 at 04:42 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Blog Entries

We rode all the rides on a Friday last June for my best friend's birthday. We arrived to the park at 9am on June 24th and were finished by about 10:30. We did not do the shows, we did watch the 50th movie and Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. We also ate at the Blue Bayou for lunch and we had enough time to do it all at a somewhat leisurely place. Oh yeah, we were not able to ride one of the Main Street vehicles, but the others we were able to ride. We took a picture on every ride. It sucked for me having to ride the teacups and the Astro-Orbitor, of which the latter made me so motion sick!

It was really fun though! My legs were killing me. I am so not used to waiting in lines, it was hard.

I also think it will be easier on a Friday in Spetember, as the park will surely be less crowded.

I will probably register for this.

• white and nerdy

I have a suggestion, from someone who will probably not be able to go at all...

Have a staff member waiting at the hub and the first person there with all the required photos completed, wins.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Basking in birthday love

Haha, for some reason I was thinking that this would happen on April 29th, and was all excited because I've got Fantasmic that night and would be able to play for most of the day. Of course, now I've got plenty of time to get that day off

A phone tree sounds like a good idea, so if someone finishes at 9:00, we can wrap things up early.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• For You!

I so want to be there!!! I'm really jealous!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

FYI...
    Due to limited operating hours (9am-10pm) at Disneyland on Friday, September 29th, the tentative date for the Gumball Rally has been changed to Saturday, September 30th.
    Park hours for Saturday September 30th are currently scheduled to be 9am-12am.
    That is all...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

Aw boo, now I for sure can't go!

Cursed band competitions..

• 1 Fanboy to Rule Them All

As can't I now. First time my Socal Select AP has made me sad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast