Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Man of Logic and Reason

Funny Space Mountain Story

This happened a while ago, but it's still pretty funny (I say funny, but if you were me in this situation you wouldn't be laughing).

So I was at Disneyland by myself one day and decided to ride Space Mtn. I get in line and it took a while, but I finally was got to the ramp that leads you down to the loading platform. It was at this point that I smelled something, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

...What is that smell...

...ya know, it kinda smells like...

...Oh no!

...It's B.O.!!!!!!

...But where is it coming fro-

It was at this point that I noticed three big Russian/Ukranian/(insert large hairy nationality here) guys infront of me. It was coming from them. All I could think was, "Oh God, plese don't let me sit behind them." "Maybe in a different train, that would be good." Well as luck would have it, I sat right behind them.

Now if you've been on Space Mtn. then you know there's a lot of wind and what not being blown in your face, so I assumed that it would just blow the smell right past me and I would be unaffected for the entire ride. This would be true if this was normaly B.O., but this was no normal B.O., this was B.B.O. (I couldn't stop making Seinfeld jokes in my head the entire time.) Anyway, I go through the entire ride trying to hold my breath and breath through my mouth not to smell it, but it was all to no avail. The B.O. ruined my ride on Space Mtn.

So, that's a lesson to you kids out there, if you see that you're going to sit behind people with terrible B.O., then just be rude and ask to sit in the front row of the next train. That way, you'll never have to experience the terror of B.O. in Space.

• Huh?

Re: Funny Space Moutain Story

Being of large, hairy Russian descent, I'm not sure if I should be offended or reply with something rediculous like "In space, no one can smell you stink."
    -Tim

• Man of Logic and Reason

^ Just like to add that I have nothing against anyone of any large, hairy descent. They are great people, and I like to go on record by saying that if anyone is offended, then I would extend my deepest apologies. Now off the record I like to say that if you are offended then tough luck. Get a sense of humor.

• OM NOM NOM

New rule for Space!

"If you smell sweet, you get the front seat.
    If you smell wack, get in the back."
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Like all people of German decent, we are clean, peaceloving people who do not like to cause a fuss or to force ourselves or our beliefs on others.

But speaking as a person in a office with an I.T. group thats mostly guys from India.. they really should give classes in hygene to anyone wanting to come to the US.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    Like all people of German decent, we are clean, peaceloving people who do not like to cause a fuss or to force ourselves or our beliefs on others.

But speaking as a person in a office with an I.T. group thats mostly guys from India.. they really should give classes in hygene to anyone wanting to come to the US.
    LOL.... oh my gosh... I'm glad someone beat me to it! I've often said that The U.S. needs an enforceable immigration policy that requires everyone entering the United States to be given underarm deoderant, a razor, and one of those great school health and hygene books from 40 years ago.

Yes, I know its "cultural", but its our culture. When in Rome...

• Circle of Ancients

And to add ... (while also NOT trying to offend anybody)

when the entire IT unit is getting on the elevator it's best to just wait for the next one.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Ok, here's my story, even though I've told it before...

Several years ago I was at the park by myself and decided to ride Indiana Jones Adventure. This was before the madness of Fastpass, so we actually got to wait in line in that fabulous queue. However, standing right behind me in line were two large women from some south Asian country. I say these women were large, but their bosoms were especially large.

Now, maybe its incredibly crowded where they come from, so they have no sense of "personal space". Be that as it may, I spent my entire time in line being buffetted by these enourmous boobs; every couple of minutes she would literally ram me with one of them, every time she turned around, "WHACK!", every time the line moved forward a bit, "WHUMP!", like some monstrous fleshy bumper. The entire time. I swear she almost knocked me off my feet a couple of times. I seriously considered raising my elbow in defense of one of her frontal assaults.

The ride itself was nothing compared to waiting in line for it that day.
    Last edited by speederscout; 04-20-2006 at 11:08 AM.

Thats no fun, I (and I'm sure a lot of other Mice Chatters) have had B.O at Disneyland happen to them. I waited in line for Splash Mountain with a really bad B.O. guy in front of me, and with my luck the ride was shut down for some reason RIGHT when I was about to board. Why me?

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

You're all just lucky you don't go when I do. I make sure not to shower or use deodorant for days before I visit. I top that off by eating meals solely comprised of refried beans, cabbage, and beer. Yeah, the family complains but it's well worth it - As Visa would say "B.O., $0 - Beans, beer, and cabbage, $20 - Having people stand ten feet behind you in line, priceless"
    BTW - I'm not large or hairy, just very smelly.

BO and general personal hygiene at Disneyland is a huge problem, one I have encountered many times there! A few weeks ago we had the dandruff twins in front of us on Thunder Mountain and we were in the last car, so lots of wind and turns etc! One of the morons leaned over and got his head wet on the lift hill, and then shook his head like a dog, and the dandruff water was in my mouth and I swear it was the only time I thought I might actually barf on Thunder Mt. They were so greasy and the snow was so thick in their hair that I actually held up my sweatshirt at one point because I could have sworn I felt it pelting me during the ride! Also, it's not just Disneyland...we just got back from WDW two weeks ago, and I was disturbed to find that there were instructions on how to wash your hands in most of the bathrooms, Step 1 wet hands, Step 2 apply soap and massage hands together, Step 3 rinse thoroughly and dry with paper towels or something to that effect! I was so flabbergasted that I took a picture to show everyone back home!

• Closet DLR fan

My boyfriend, his sister, and I had pretty much the exact same experience on POTC last year. The BO of the man in front of us was so bad that we actually asked the CM if we could sit in a different boat, which we did. And yet, we could still smell the guy, even over the chlorine, through the entire ride.

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by Bmxmom
    BO and general personal hygiene at Disneyland is a huge problem, one I have encountered many times there! A few weeks ago we had the dandruff twins in front of us on Thunder Mountain and we were in the last car, so lots of wind and turns etc! One of the morons leaned over and got his head wet on the lift hill, and then shook his head like a dog, and the dandruff water was in my mouth and I swear it was the only time I thought I might actually barf on Thunder Mt. They were so greasy and the snow was so thick in their hair that I actually held up my sweatshirt at one point because I could have sworn I felt it pelting me during the ride! Also, it's not just Disneyland...we just got back from WDW two weeks ago, and I was disturbed to find that there were instructions on how to wash your hands in most of the bathrooms, Step 1 wet hands, Step 2 apply soap and massage hands together, Step 3 rinse thoroughly and dry with paper towels or something to that effect! I was so flabbergasted that I took a picture to show everyone back home!
    oh... i feel sick just reading that...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Ok, standing right behind me in line were two large women from some south Asian country. I say these women were large, but their bossoms were especially large.

Now, maybe its incredibly crowded where they come from, so they have no sense of "personal space". Be that as it may, I spent my entire time in line being buffetted by these
    Not as bad as BBO, is people/kids with no sense of personal space.
    constantly bumping into you. If this happens to me, I usually leave a bit more room in front of me and I don't close my feet together when i have stepped forward in line. Usually they dont step on my feet, and it avoids body contact.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    Not as bad as BBO, is people/kids with no sense of personal space.
    constantly bumping into you. If this happens to me, I usually leave a bit more room in front of me and I don't close my feet together when i have stepped forward in line. Usually they dont step on my feet, and it avoids body contact.
    Standing sideways in line with you elbows stuck out helps in that situation. After the second time they hit your elbow, they pretty much stop.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast