Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Violence at Disneyland

"Indy scare
    Worse, on Friday, March 25 the entire attraction was shut down for about two hours due to a mysterious guest attack. At approximately 3:45p.m., a passenger exiting his jeep approached a ride operator and complained that during the ride he had been stabbed in the back of the head. The 39–year–old guest from the San Fernando Valley was holding the weapon, which cast members claim was a syringe."

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdat.../dlr050404.htm

~*~

Eeek.

Monorail Man: Please only quote the article, and do not post full text.

• șoș Tom șoș

My friend works Indy and was involved in this incident and says she doesn't believe it/

• Know More Than You Should

Trader Sam? I think this fall into the relm of your "Tales of Disney Horror" series. Dont you?

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Worse yet, the case of the pedestrians struck by the car is also a scary incident to consider. Although neither of these is directly Disneyland's fault, it has surely not been a good week for the park. Its been awhile since DL was tied to negative press (BTMRR - 7/8/04, two train collision)
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Not so sure about this one, it sounds awfully fishy. Especially since excepting for one woman in front of him, everyone was in his party, and the fact that it'd be pretty darn hard to perfectly aim a syringe while the ride's going. o_O;;

This does seem pretty far-fetched...The vehicles generally aren't close enough together to allow someone to throw anything at another vehicle, and the amount of motion & darkness during the ride would make it near impossible to aim anything. Hopefully the guy was just making up the story...but either way it's a bad situation.

punc.

violence at disneyland is minimal compared to the violence that has occured at magic mountain. remember the TLC , Paperboy concert that was supposed to happen during spring break 1994. A riot broke out and all the shops were looted. there were at least two visitors that were shot and i remember seeing massive stampedes. the saddest thing i ever saw was a little boy with his grandmother saying that he didnt ever want to go to magic mountain again. and next time could they just go to disneyland. i would say the child was about six. it was probably his first visit to magic mountain as well.
    i have also been there when during my exit from the parking lot, i saw a people getting jumped in between cars as the park was closing as everyone was leaving the parking lot. it was 6 against 2 and they all seemed to be gang bangers. this is probably the reason that Magic Mountain has the metal detectors as you enter the park.

• Feel the breeze!

<shudders>

Gang bangers wonder why they can never get ahead in life? Maybe it is because they do this rather than work to improve themselves and their prospects?

• My Children's Father

I'm not sure they "wonder" about it. I think they assume their "fate" or whatever has been decided and there is nothing they can do to improve their lot in life .... and sometimes they are not aware thet there is an improvement out there, that there is a choice. It is a completely different world view, full of different values.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Funnier than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    <shudders>

Gang bangers wonder why they can never get ahead in life? Maybe it is because they do this rather than work to improve themselves and their prospects?

Who said anything about "gang bangers"? What makes you think this guy is a "gang banger"? Anyway, if someone DID throw the syringe, find him and have the CIA recruit him.
    Last edited by Cory Mitchell; 04-06-2005 at 09:43 AM.

• șoș Tom șoș

Talking to the CMs I know who work the ride, they all honestly believe its all bs...more litigious minded folks trying to make a quick buck off of Disney. There has got to be way to mitigate all these lawsuits by guests. You goto a Major League Baseball game and you get hit by a fly ball and you have little recourse against the stadium, team, player or MLB. You trip on a bad tree root or fake a needle in your neck at DL and you can slam down a hefty lawsuit.

As fans we need to support Disney about standing up to this ridiculous claims, being witnesses. The more we do to suppress faulty claims, the more money stay in the House of Mouse for us and our enjoyment.

• Banned User

Ive been away from california for a few years now, Is their crime and "trouble" in and around Disneyland? Is their alot of gangs and stuff around anahiem?

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Ive been away from california for a few years now, Is their crime and "trouble" in and around Disneyland? Is their alot of gangs and stuff around anahiem?
    Heck no in fact its on and up and up in that area. Since DCA arrived and the resort area was overhauled there have been massive efforts to reduce eye sores and fleabag hotels that attracted a bad crowd. Santa Ana and Garden Grove have also made significant efforts to clean up and the area will one day be very nice.

• Funnier than you.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Heck no in fact its on and up and up in that area. Since DCA arrived and the resort area was overhauled there have been massive efforts to reduce eye sores and fleabag hotels that attracted a bad crowd. Santa Ana and Garden Grove have also made significant efforts to clean up and the area will one day be very nice.
    Exactly. So why are people accusing this 39 year old guy of being a "gang banger". His claim may be bogus, but that doesn't make his a "gang banger."
    I'm trying to understand where that assumption comes from.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Mitchell
    Exactly. So why are people accusing this 39 year old guy of being a "gang banger". His claim may be bogus, but that doesn't make his a "gang banger."
    I'm trying to understand where that assumption comes from.
    I believe the discussion of gangbangers was a result of the post comparing violence at Magic Mountain, which is rife with gangs, to violence at DL. I don't think anyone accused the guy on Indy of being a banger.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast