Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc
    i don't think it will be seen as a 'gift' as it will not be given for another 2 years. Personally, I would rather see no walls and an empty lagoon and wait an extra year than to see walls around a once memorable area during the 50th. personally I can wait. And I don't see how the nemo ride is to be seen as a gift. What are they gonna do? on the day of the 50th, say "please pardon our dust as we build during our golden anniversary. Please enjoy these walls instead of a view of our lagoon." I say no walls, wait the extra year and build after the 50th. If you guys are would rather have this pixar ride open sooner or later, why aren't you making a big fuss over space mtn just sitting there? I'm not saying that the walls will ruin the 50th, I'm just saying that leaving the walls down will allow people to acknowledge the marvel that once filled the lagoon rather than staring at a wall and saying "once, upon a time there was that submarine ride behind here."
    What do you mean Space Mountain was just sitting there? It was only sitting there for a couple of months while they got the design and the parts in for it. The rest of the time the ride has been under construction. They are actually working on it 24 hours a day now. The ride is complete except for the effects part of it. About a month or two ago they started testing the rockets on the new track.

• For old time sake

I'm soooo sick of people whining about Space Mountain!!!! If they had left the ride alone, with the track not having been replaced when it should have been ohhh about 5 yrs ago or so...Thanks Mr. Pressler....then there would have been problems with it DURING the 50th!!! Give me a break!!!!

As for "walls up during the 50th" Ugh.....be happy they are doing something with the subs PERIOD!!!! I'd rather see walls up and things getting on the right track in TL than have to put up with people complaining that nothing is being done about the ride. Which is worse? Walls or no ride?

Most will say walls, because it will take away from the festivities. If you believe that to be so, then don't go to that part of the park until the festivities are over and you won't have anything to complain about.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    The submarines will be back. Pixar schmixar! I have confidence that the Imagineers will make Nemo fun and fascinating. The 50th Celebration is significant, but it's not a freakin' sacred rite. If there needs to be a few construction walls up, then so be it. They serve as a reminder that DL is never finished. I'd rather see the walls (which indicate something is actually happening) instead of a lonely, sad lagoon with nothing going on.
    Amen

• LoisAlene

Put up the walls, but give us some peep holes to see what's going on! Those who want it "out of sight out of mind" won't have to look, and Curious people can get some glimpses into what's happening! Besides, can't you see the whole lagoon from the TL monorail station? I can't see them Roofing the whole darn thing!
    I'm glad the subs are going to be back! Take the time to do them right and give me a Reason to return to Disneyland in a few years. (I just Really wish they'd picked something beside Nemo

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Magical Memories fanzine

Plain walls, to me isnt a "good show", however themed walls (with quick painted murals or concept art etc.) are perfectly fine. It would be super duper easy to just paint all the walls with underwater scenes; fish, octopus etc. and put a few wood cut outs in front that are painted like part of the scene in such a way that you could take paictures behind them like those old photo booths. For the finishing touch, place a nice big gold banner at the top of the wall that says something like: " coming 2007; fidning Nemo Submarine Adventure!" Heck you could even theme it like the cut outs are "underwater" construction workers... octopus and fish with hardhats and tools LOL. I also loved the idea of them just taking one of the old subs and putting it in front of the ride; imagine if they incorporated it together with the walls as a "scene" and had Dory, Marlin, Nemo, Bruce etc. looking out the portholes; "were looking out at you now, but pretty soon you'll see us in a wonderful new submarine adventure!"

This is a great opportunity to really get the hype going about a new ride, and really make people anticipate it in much the same way that happened with the Haunted Mansion (which had record breaking numbers of people during its opening). Plus it would make a great photo spot for the 50th, and have built in advertsing, when people back home see the pics and ask about the new ride. This is yet another Golden (pardon the pun) opportunity, that I truly hope they dont waste; they could get miles and miles of cheap advertising out of this, that would still make their guests happy at the same time.

Construction walls and the anticipation of a new attraction is way better than an unused lagoon and stalling until the anniversary is over. I can't see anyone being upset over the walls with all the amazing restoration the rest of the park is receiving.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" °o°
    - Uncle Walt

• șoș Tom șoș

I suppose we could leave the lagoon open and fill it with thousands and thousands and thousands of Rubber Duckies for a cool artistic look....thats a joke insert your laughter here, awww nevermind...

• Colorado Bound?

Who else thinks the walls are up only for when they drain and clean the lagoon? I'll bet the walls will be down by 050505.

If you look at some of the pics the walls are just tarps over a wood frame. Hardly something that could last staying up for 2 years.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I disagree that people won't see the sub's as a 50th anniversary gift. When I was a CM- that was by far the number one question I was asked. People LOVED that ride and have fond childhood memories of it. Once the announcement is "official" I am sure there will be much more excitement than complaining. I agree that the walls up now are only temporary and I would expect some painted walls in the near future, themed "hopefully" with images from the old subs to peak interest and excitement. I remember when the wall were up for TL 98 and it didn't bother me at all that they were there, it only made me more excited to find out what was going on behind them. (Unfortunately I was sorely dissapointed)
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

I suspect the walls are temporary and they will be doing some cleaning in the lagoon as well as perhaps some prep work for the overlay. Al mentioned 8 new show scenes, I wouldn't be surprised to see some new things in the lagoon during the 50th hinting toward the Nemo ride. I think it would be neat to take ride in the sub and search for Nemo like that recent Bill Murray movie where they search for a shark I believe. Didn't actually see it. But they could dam up the lagoon from the show building behind the water falls to put in the new show effects inside the building. I would much rather see them move the queue for the Nemo ride to the old motorboat area as it may more appropriately fit in Fantasyland and make for better traffic flow for the Monorail.

I was more interested actually in the new Monorail station to accomodate the new fleet at the end of Fiscal year 2006.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• Funnier than you.

It would be great if they got the animatronic "mine! mine!" seagulls that were rumored up and running in the lagoon before the 50th. It would be a nice little hint of things to come.
    That Guy!

• Just this guy......

taking a guess, I think that they would drain the lake to clean it and also put up dam in the tunnel so that they can drain the rest of the building and start working on it.

• Colorado Bound?

Ya know I was thinking that maybe they could at least put in some large static display in the lagoon for the 50th. Something like a big gold statue of king triton or something like that.

What would you like to see as a temporary thang that is reasonable to get in there in a month.

I think that the chances of Disney leaving an unfinished attraction under wraps during a large celebration is unlikely. Given the disgusting state of the submarine lagoon, I too believe that they are just cleaning it up, making it pristine for the 50th. My best guess would involve either just spiffying it up or maybe adding something a little less expensive and durable, like a fountain, or some other decorative piece.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Disney has lots of space to make new attractions. They have the Motor Boat and Submarine Lagoon area. The Skyway house and the Big Thunder Ranch. The space occupying a portion of the old Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland. And lastly, the long PeopleMover track and obsersation area. They need to do something with all of this land because it is never used. Money must not be an option but with the way the Disney Compnay works, im sure this will all be dealt with in a 20 year plan or something.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast