Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The HOODS have taken over Disneyland!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    Its a so cal thing just like we always do the boardshorts and hoodie fashion
    Not just a SO Cal thing...it's all over. It's just a 'fashion style' thing.
    Lots of our pics at DL include my grandson (age 12) wearing a hooded
    sweatshirt with the hood up. No biggy.

• Minion

I wear hoodies all the time when its cold, but I had no idea it was some sort of phenomenom...

Now that you've mentioned it, I'm going to see it EVERYWHERE so thanks Pirate Mickey

I'm in my MID 30's and I own like 4 or 5 hoodies. Except for work I tend have a hoodie on or with me all the time. I don't always have the hood up though - actually I only put the hood up if I'm really really cold. I've been wearing hoodies since I was about 10 years old. Of course back then we just called it a hooded sweatshirt.
    I don't think this is just a SOCAL thing, I live in NOCAL and they are everywhere up here too. I also know that my relatives in Michigan and Indiana wear hoodies also.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I never wear hoodies. They don't agree with my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• no flash photography...

I have one hoodie...I guess...I just call it my sweatshirt. It zips up and has a hood...that I do NOT wear. It's light blue, has white flowers up one arm and says catalina on the front. I was really cold in catalina when I bought it. You think I look tough in it? Maybe if I wear the hood?...LOL...hoodies make people look tough...LMAO...ok...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I have one hoodie...I guess...I just call it my sweatshirt. It zips up and has a hood...that I do NOT wear. It's light blue, has white flowers up one arm and says catalina on the front. I was really cold in catalina when I bought it. You think I look tough in it? Maybe if I wear the hood?...LOL...hoodies make people look tough...LMAO...ok...
    lol, I have never used the term "hoodie" until today. I almost threw up a little bit in my mouth...

• Colorado Bound?

Speaking as a psychologist, this increased use of hooded sweatshirts or "hoodies" can be paralleled with the events of 9/11 and the war in Iraq. The current events have been unsettling for John Q. Public and has him feeling out of balance with what we see as "normal life". Since that time there has been an increased need by the general American public for things of comfort. The explosion of the wearing of "hoodies" up all the time is our way of having comfort wherever we go, much like a toddler needing his blanket with them all the time. There has also been a marked increase in the purchase of other comforting things like slippers, firelogs, meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, and prostitutes.

Then again, I'm not a psychologist nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so this may all be just some odd fashion thing.

-AmandasDad
    Last edited by AmandasDad; 04-21-2006 at 01:24 PM.

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    lol, I have never used the term "hoodie" until today. I almost threw up a little bit in my mouth...
    I have never heard of the term "hoodie" until I read this thread. At first glance at the title I thought it was saying that thugs were invading the park.

• It's all nonsense

When you do a google image search for 'hood', this stylish guy is one of the pics that comes up....

So is this the problem??

• A Pirate's life for me!

Now THAT would be a phenomenom!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by AmandasDad
    . There has also been a marked increase in the purchase of other comforting things like slippers, firelogs, meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, and trips to Disneyland.
    hmmm...people buy meatloaf and macorni and cheese...already made?.....or are they buying the ingredients to make it?...and if they are buying the ingredients how do people know what they will make with it. I mean just because I buy cheese and a box of pasta dosen't mean I'm making mac and cheese....I'm confused....

My daughter calls her sweatshirst hoodies and she loves them. I think she has one to match every outfit she has....LOL....sometimes she wears the hood, but mostly no, because they mess her hair up.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Whatever

BTW, I HATE the term "hoodie" as it pertains to sweatshirts and zippered sweatshirts (which I wear daily because it's freezing in my office). Hoodies are lighter, puller over types, to me. Though sweathsirt will do quite nicely.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn
    As a high school teacher, I can 2nd Sorceress1986's point that it is a very popular look for the male Latio population. I think they think it makes them look tougher. I mean, it's a "hood" wearing a hood--get it? It also hides their ipods in the classroom (can't see the wires to their ears), and makes it difficult to tell if they are asleep at their desks since they tend to pull their hoods as far over their face as possible.

I guess in todays world, it would be considered abuse if a teacher actually asked a student to remove his hat (hood) while inside the classroom!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Were they white, pointy hoodies?
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 04-21-2006 at 12:35 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    hmmm...people buy meatloaf and macorni and cheese...already made?.....or are they buying the ingredients to make it?...and if they are buying the ingredients how do people know what they will make with it. I mean just because I buy cheese and a box of pasta dosen't mean I'm making mac and cheese....I'm confused...
    you make your own mac and cheese? wow...I'm impressed.

On topic, I have like 5 hooded zip sweatshirts, I rarely ever wear the hood up, but like having the option to if needed. the part I like most, being able to zip and and unzip the sweatshirt like a jacket.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast