Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My New DCA Attraction

I got a fun idea for a DCA ride and was wondering what you all thought about it. It would be set in PP, somewhere off the path though.

The que would be outdoors and would lead guests around an area where they rennovating an old fun-house ride that caught fire years ago. The que would pass through different rennovation tents (for shade) and by old time circus props and gags (like those fun-house mirrors.) But all of the items would in various stages of rennovation, some still charred and others repainted. In the que you would enter the reception tent where either a video or AA explains the history of the fun house and that you are to recieve a sneak peak at the restored ride.

The visible show building appears to be one of those classic portable fun houses/spook houses with clown murals along the walls and the cars that load right up front of the building. Guests board their vehicle and travel into the smiling mouth of Kozmo Clown.

The first 3 rooms of the attraction are silly fun house gags with subpar clown AA's and reak of the "Country Faire" bugdet. In the third room you encounter the AA of Kozmo again (its a bad stuffed manaquin whose heads flops with the jerky motions). Your vehicle comes to a halt, the music and Kozmo voice track wind down and the lights sputter off. A red emergency light clicks on above Kozmo. Suddenly, Kozmos AA comes back to life, but the voice is much more creepy. Your presence has disturbed the souls trapped inside since the fire and you will never see day again.

Your vehicle is launched foward and you begin to zoom around the tight corners of the fun house as Kozmo laughs. You hear a crumbling sound then suddenly your vehicle dives downward (unexpected in the level funhouse). The rest of the ride is a fast-paced ride with fun house gags turned on their head. You navigate through the mirror maze, never knowing which way is out. As you stare into the mirrors around you and ahead of you lights turn on behind the two way mirror illuminating ghoulish faces rushing towards the glass. The affect works nicely because guests only see a flash of something coming quickly towards them (like those "internet ghosts" people send around). There can be a distorted room where everything appears to be in the reflection of a distorded mirror. A spinning tunnel, growing and shrinking rooms, slides, etc.

I think you all get the basic idea. Creepy clown Haunted Fun House. Feel free to add what you will to the idea, any additional rooms or plot points or what have you.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: My New DCA Attraction

I like the idea, but it just sounds too unDisney.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

It sounds a bit too unDisney I agree, but really is a cool idea (and would fit Paradise Pier rather well).

• Rawr...

i like it. If you just toned down the evil and gave it more of a dark humor aspect it would be fantastic.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• white and nerdy

Sounds fun... kind of a George Lucasesque "You are here for a very reasonalble thing, but then something goes horribly wrong" type of thing.

I'd like it, and I don't like about 90% of internet imaginer ideas.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Clowns? Oh HEno!
    It does seems a bit too scary/creepy for Disney.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion FOREVER!

Hmmm.. this could work... esp since DCA doesn't already have
    a "haunted house" analog. Agreed that to be "Disney" you would have
    to tone it down a bit...

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I actually like this idea. If it wasn't so dark, I think it would work. I'm with T-Gel on this too, I usually hate internet ideas, but this one I like.

• Banned User

This idea reminds me of that scary movie with clown, i forget the name. Sounds cool, just not really fitting into Disney.

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Yeah, they can get this guy as their AA:

i think the movie you're referring to is "IT," originally a book by stephen king

i like how it all started, the queue, the corny scenes to begin with, but then i agree with others that the ride gets too dark. i can just see the complaints streaming in from parents whose children are terrified after riding a ride like that, especially since the queue and show building give no hint that the ride will become so dark and scary.

i would reccommend dropping the "fire/burnt down" idea, and maybe just replacing it with something along the ideas of "abandoned fun house." fires imply that people were burned alive (as you stated in your idea), and therefore the ghosts would be angry at visitors and try to scare/hurt them. "old abandoned building" can be home to more friendly, jovial ghosts, allowing the ride to be more along the lines of haunted mansion/pirates. although im sure some comparisons could and would be made to HM across at DL, this could be the signiture, original, family friendly attraction people have been begging to have built at DCA.

keep up the great ideas!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Here's an idea. Before you enter the ride building, there's an abandoned ticket booth with a small tv left on inside, showing a news channel. "In local news, Paradise Pier has announced plans to demol*static* old Funhouse attraction. Five years ago the classic ride burned to *static* ground due to unknown causes, causing the dea*static* of 13 employees and guests. There were numerous attempts to rennov*static* the ride, however these plans were abandoned after several tragic *static*ciddents. The decision to demolish the attra*static* has resulted in a backlash of negative response from those who fondly remem*static* the ride. However, none has for*static*en about the trag*static*y that occur*static* a*static* yea*static*" Then the tv would go completely static, and the doors to the attaction would automatically swing open.

Have you faced the Yeti?

I think you all are taking it a bit darker than it needs to be. Yes, it is darker than HM, but now HM is being beefed up to include a axe-murdering bride. The overall tone with the ride would be like a mind-trip rather than being attacked by fiery clowns.

I guess you could have it mysteriously burning down in the night after the creater, Kozmo, deceased and it turns out his spirit is trapped inside. Not an angry spirit but instead a "mad" spirit. Or use the abandoned ride idea. With this attraction, I believe the more "classic" looking you make it, the creepier it will be without having to offer any real darkness. Thats the fun of the ride, its just head perplexing rooms with those creepy classic clowns, aside from a few gag/scares, the guests scare themselves.

And as for the ride being deceptive for families, you put a few warnings, give an accurate ride description in the map, give it the appropriate feel in advertisements, and have the CM watching the que suggest to families with smaller children that the ride has some intense scenes. If you have a que with a bunch of fiberglass clown heads with paint peeling off, kids wont get too far without telling mommy they want to go on something else.

Instead of seeing this ride as Killer Klowns from Outer Space, just see it more as a fast-paced clown version of the first 3/4 of the HM. A bunch of "wow" FX, fun spooky corridoors, and basic mind trips.

• The Twilight Zone

I don't understand why many people are saying this is a dark ride and its un-Disney. Don't you think before Hm opened people said HM is unDisney. I like this idea a lot. PLus the idea mitsukai said about having a tv in the ticket booth telling the information is great. The reason i like this is because it doesn't revolve around a disney movie it revolves around an original story.

• Banned User

But, the thing is, i dont see this fitting in Paradise Peir because the theme is Santa Monica ish. Fun Houses are more in Urban Areas than in beaches. Dont get me wrong, i love this idea, i just dont see it specifically in Paradise Peir.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast