Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Question Not So Fastpass...

Yesterday my girlfriend and I were in DCA and received 2 fastpasses for Tower of Terror from a guest who wasn't going to use them. Of course we gladly accepted them, thinking how lucky we were to get these passes when the stand by line was 55 minutes. Well, to make a long story short, we ended up waiting about 30 minutes in the fastpass line. Is this normal? They were running at full capacity with all elevators operating. I was undr the impression the Fastpass was a quicker, more efficient way to see an attracion. As it turned out, we only saved about 15 minutes using the fast pass. Hardly worth it in my opinion. Anyone else experience this not so fastpass experience?

Re: Not So Fastpass...

i'm GUESSING that you did most of your waiting after the library...the thing about fastpass for SOME rides is that the fastpass doesn't completely surpass standby lines...like tower of terror and indiana jones. there's still a portion that needs to be waited. Some rides like splash mountain almost completely avoid any wait. plus there just might have been a fastpass rush to get on the ride.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

I have on the Tower of Terror as well. All it does is let you skip the opening queue line. You still have to wait in the furnace room line which seems to take quite awhile. Some rides let you get almost right on, like Splash Mountain, while others take awhile. With a few exceptions I think its worth it.

• Minion

You would be correct. Everything was fine till after the library....that was when we noticed that the standby line was moving faster than we were. I think it's because they have more elevators for standby and only one or two for fastpass.

• For You!

It was still faster! And you got the fastpass from someone else - so you didn't have to wait until your fast pass was "activated".

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Minion

Smile Re: Not So Fastpass...

Well, the unfortunate thing about being a cast member at the park is that you don't get to use the Fastpass machines because you don't have a valid ticket or annual pass. The rest of us just swipe out ticket/pass but she gets in using her CM ID so she can't use the machine. So we considered ourselves lucky that we managed to get 2 Fastpasses.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I think Indy has the same problem. You skip the queue outside but you still have to wait 20 or 30 minutes once you are inside. (Outside the film room up to the loading area.) And the Soaring Fastpass is worthless if one of the theaters goes down. I asked a while back, and the fastpass line was about 40 minutes with only one theater running.

So... depending on the time of day, etc, your fast pass might not be too fast.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    Well, the unfortunate thing about being a cast member at the park is that you don't get to use the Fastpass machines because you don't have a valid ticket or annual pass. The rest of us just swipe out ticket/pass but she gets in using her CM ID so she can't use the machine. So we considered ourselves lucky that we managed to get 2 Fastpasses.
    That sucks and wasn't the way it worked in Walt Disney World. Our IDs could get fastpasses... at least the CP IDs could.

Also, after the library, there is no Fastpass/nonfastpass line. it depends what library was used before you came in. I've been in both lines nuberous times with and without fast passes.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• no flash photography...

You would be correct. Everything was fine till after the library....that was when we noticed that the standby line was moving faster than we were. I think it's because they have more elevators for standby and only one or two for fastpass.
    ummm...the fastpass and regular line merges...they don't use elevatars just for fatspass people.

• Rat Tat Tat.

You just have to go to the lead office at the main gate and ask for one of the Fastpass tickets...it's just a blue ticket with the regular ticket stuff on the other side so CM's can use Fastpass too. If you don't know where to go just ask the turnstyle CM!

• Minion

Regular line goes upstairs and fastpass stays on ground level.

• no flash photography...

Regular line goes upstairs and fastpass stays on ground level.
    thats not true. The last 3 times I fast pass the ride I went upstairs. I have waited in line several times and have gone either upstairs or downstairs.....the lines merge...

• Namaste and Good Luck

Yeah we do. When we go through the gates they give us a blue card we use as our ticket for the rest of the day. It has a barcode in the same place on the back of the "ticket" that can be scanned in the FP machines. Main Gate cm's usually write CM on the back so we can't give it to a regular guest.
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Justin
    Yeah we do. When we go through the gates they give us a blue card we use as our ticket for the rest of the day. It has a barcode in the same place on the back of the "ticket" that can be scanned in the FP machines. Main Gate cm's usually write CM on the back so we can't give it to a regular guest.
    Exactly, although sometimes they don't just give it to you. They tell you where to get it if they don't have any though.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

While I love ToT I have to admit the queue is messed up inside. I have watched many times as someone goes to the right at the split for the CM and have waited 2 or 3 times longer to load then if you go right in to the center. To the left is not as bad but the one to the right can take forever!!!!!!

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast