View Poll Results: Do you recommend the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 96.30%
  • No

1 3.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• back in Austin

Walk in Walt's Footsteps

Those who've taken this tour.... Do you recommend it?

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Walk in Walt's Footsteps

We do.

We've done it twice now.

You even get to peek into Club 33.

Enjoy!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I did
    you go to the Enchanted Tiki room and see VIP guest.

you get pass the club 33 door and see the lobby.

you do get lunch in the pato Disney Gallery.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I would love to hear about this tour if anyone would like to share. We are headed to DL next month for only our second visit (we tend to hang out more at WDW) and it just gives me chills to know Walt was there. These tours tend to be a bit pricey and was wondering if it was worth the investment. Plus, we have two kids, ages 6 and 9. Will they find it interesting or boring. Thanks in advance everyone!

• Senior Minion

I can't speak as to how much the kids would enjoy it, but I thought it was terrific, and we're going to do it again next fall.

It really covers a wide variety of things throughout the park, and besides the peek inside the lobby of Club 33 (they let you take pictures in the elevator), you get to see some of the Tiki Room animatronics close up, and the tour ends with a wonderful lunch in the courtyard of the Disney Gallery, which is quite enjoyable.

Also, the pin they are giving out for the 50th as part of this tour are very nice collector's items.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt
    I would love to hear about this tour if anyone would like to share. We are headed to DL next month for only our second visit (we tend to hang out more at WDW) and it just gives me chills to know Walt was there. These tours tend to be a bit pricey and was wondering if it was worth the investment. Plus, we have two kids, ages 6 and 9. Will they find it interesting or boring. Thanks in advance everyone!
    I can't address the worth, as that is a very personal thing. Both my kids (19 and 23) last October each shelled out the $50 for the tour. They are not earning a livable wage to be sure, but wanted to do it. They were both satisfied afterward and had no regrets for spending the money.

As to your kids being bored - hard to say as I don't know your kids. Do they like being on the inside of the secrets? Would they be bored hearing the story of the firehouse pole that Walt could slide down into the firehouse from his apartment above? Would they enjoy hearing that because a guest climbed up and startled Walt's family - and that's why it's sealed off today? Would they enjoy seeing a "retired" orchid from the Tiki Room and the mechanism behind it? How about that Disney kids would leave the apartment over the Firehouse and sneak into the Jungle Cruise where the natives are and would jump up and down with them to startle guests? Would they enjoy hearing about when the castle was being built it was the home of many of the Disneyland cats - and that Walt got fleas from going up into the upper part of the castle? How about that the Disney Gallery was to be The new Apartment for the Disney Family with enough room to entertain? There was a back entrance and stairway for musicians, and an intercom to the Apt. upstairs? (you can see the panel covering up the intercom) There are many stories that might not be interesting as a factoid by itself, but the tour guide makes it very interesting...

Then you get lunch or dinner out on the upstairs patio. The lobby of Club 33 and taking photos of me and the kids in the elevator made it worthwhile to me...

• Still wants to be a cat!

Haven't ever done it, but want to.....waiting for the Wolfette to be old enough to enjoy and understand it.....only problem is, I think she knows more about Disneyland than the tour guides. Go for it!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• GO DBACKS!!

We took the tour at the end of November last year and really enjoyed it. We treasure the pic the tour guide took of us in the Club 33 elevator, and the tour pin. I don't think young kids would like the tour as it is mostly talking and little action. Would a 6 yr old really understand why a visit to the lobby of Club 33 is special?

There are other tours that are designed for families, but in my opinion, the WIWF tour is primarily for adults.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• done

Definitely recommend the tour. We've done it twice, and it was still fun the second time around. There is so much information they can include on the tour that the tours differ slightly depending on your tour guide.

Here's a link to a full review that I posted from our tour last September.

• back in Austin

Wow. The tour is batting 1.000 so far: 12/12 say they recommend it. It's the sort of thing I thought I would totally dig, so it's a done deal now that I'll do it, if it's not too late. I'll go Thur or Fri if it's offered every morning and I don't have to have already reserved my place a month ago!

I certainly recommend the tour. I have been on it twice. The price really isn't all that high when you consider the lunch and pin that are included in the cost.

As far as the kids liking it, it really depends on their temperament. If they are able to listen and walk around for several hours they will be fine. If they get bored easily it may not be such a great idea.
    Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
    WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
    Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo
    Would they be bored hearing the story of the firehouse pole that Walt could slide down into the firehouse from his apartment above? Would they enjoy hearing that because a guest climbed up and startled Walt's family - and that's why it's sealed off today?
    The story about why it's sealed off depends on your tour guide I have also heard (and I find it more believable) that Lillian pitched a fit when she found out what it was for and made Walt seal it up.
    Mike

do you have to reserve this tour in advance? i'm going to be there roughly june 29th-july 3rd.

• Senior Minion

It's a fine tour.

My wife and I enjoyed it, although if you have a lot of knowledge about Disneyland, you may want to just join and listen.

It's just a nice way to stroll around without walking or targeting the next ride. It has changed since we did it. They sometimes end at the Disney Gallery, and have also ended the tour at the Golden Horseshoe for a nice show with Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.

There are alot of cool tidbits like this one:
    Spoiler
    also like the cement foundation of the Home (or house) of the Future is still there by Ariel's Grotto.

The Tour we took was shorter (pre July 17th, 2005) but is longer now and more details then before.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Glad to hear so many positive reports about the tour, as I hope to go on this one when I'm next in the US. To me, the chance to see the extra bits and pieces is worth the additional $50. Well, $100 for me - if I'm forcing my girlfriend to endure yet another Disney related trip, then I may have to shout the odd thing like this.

Does anybody know if this can be arranged through a travel agent, or does it have to be done through the reservations line directly? It's 60 days in advance, yeah?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast