Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Disneyland and DCA packed today - Capacity reached

Quote Originally Posted by Redsix
    Yeah fireworks went off and they will have the 3rd F! tonight also!
    There's nothing more exciting than the 3rd showing of Fantasmic. The third show is somehow more exciting, and not as crowded. You can usually get better seats.

By the way: I've seen DCA closed for capacity lots of times during the dog days of last Dec 26-30. It's not that unusual.

----I feel the supersaver rate ----that you can get at the front desk of any Good Neighbor or Resort hotel, as a guest---- is just as good as any other discount.

Last December, I got a (non-package) 7-day Parkhopper for $189 at the front desk of GCH. Can't imagine doing any better than that.

IT was nuts today, I sure hope this doesent last.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    I'm thinking that very few people pay "full price" anyway, what with all the park-hoppers, APs, and special promotions. Almost everyone gets some kind of a "discount" even it it's a small one.
    Are they in a constant cycle of promotions? Is there never a moment where it's rack rate or not at all? Perhaps this explains the crowding then.

All I know is that I'm not eligible for discounts because DL isn't interested in luring any of the additional 2 million people that live a few hours drive away in Southern Nevada, many of which despite the town's rep are California transplants and many are families living in nice subdivisions. Granted they still market like mad (Vons doesn't only have 50th balloons around the checkstands, but the new PA music system plays something like 45% Disney songs) but giving us a break? Forget it, they don't want us THAT badly.

• white and nerdy

I know that us Utah folk get almost NO promotions. I think the fairly large amount of Utah AP holders that frequent this site shows that there is a potential market.

If I was in charge...
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Banned User

I really hope Disneyland beats Magic Kingdom in attendance this year and show the power behind this way smaller park. As it is 1.8 million shy is extremely close for how much smaller Disneyland is.

Blog Entries

Wow! I am so glad we didn;t go on Saturday. A friend and I were lamenting not having PAPs anymore because we so wanted to go on Saturday. We would have been miserable! Thanks for the updates all!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

As busy as Dland was yesterday (didnt get over to DCA until 7:30pm and it wasnt too bad then) the longest line we waited in was for the train! Everything else was maybe a 20 minute wait. Yes there were oodles of people everywhere but the actual ride lines were NOT all that bad. We were all kinda just scratching our heads about that.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    I'm thinking that very few people pay "full price" anyway, what with all the park-hoppers, APs, and special promotions. Almost everyone gets some kind of a "discount" even it it's a small one.
    True. These promotions (yeah, all of them) should be restricted to off-season times.
    Parkhoppers get a choice between parks.
    AP'ers get a choice between parks.
    Employee club discounts (I have one in my employer) get a choice between parks.

So, it is agreed that both parks enjoy some discounted admissions.
    So, why is there such a big difference in annual attendance? And, in contrast, why is there so little difference in attendance between TDS and TDL?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    I know that us Utah folk get almost NO promotions. I think the fairly large amount of Utah AP holders that frequent this site shows that there is a potential market.

If I was in charge...
    You'd rent 100,000 semi-trailer-trucks and haul DL up to Utah? Leaving us with DCA?
    That's cold, man.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• just the beernecessities

I believe the crowds are from 3 sources, 2fers, spring break and the 50th.
    Having been to DL a few times with in the last year when it has been unbearably crowded, I wonder how safe and legal it is to have so many people trying to navigate the hub and spoke system? If there were a real emergency is DL ready with an evacuation plan? I hope they limit the 2fer's next year.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I'm home sick today, but just got a call from Fishbulb. He says that both parks, DCA and Disneyland were sold out. I find this amazing considering that Spring Break is over for most schools. This is shaping up to be one heck of an amazing year for the Disneyland Resort (attendance wise).

I sure hope that pull back on the marketing a bit or the summer crowds will be miserable.
    at our roll call at work that night.. they said DCA reached 32,000 and DL was at 83,000...... WOW

I could not imagine how crowded that would have been.. there is NO WAY i would have enjoyed myself with all that crowd.........

Friends for life

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We were there this past weekend after upgrading our 3 day 'kids price' tickets to A.P.'s we wanted to bring our sons (17 and 21) and went on the last weekend this was available. We were fortunate to plan ahead and arrive at the parks early in the morning, the boys had early entry. We went to DCA on Saturday around 11:00 for the Aladdin show and the boys picked up fast passes to use later in the evening. We left the park by about 2:00 for lunch and naps and returned at 7:00. Our longest wait was getting into the parking garage. The boys headed to DCA to use up there fastpasses and we went to Dland just as an unannounced show of dance teams took to dancing all the way down parade route. It was insane to try to get past this.

Bottom line we are from Phoenix and brought our semi-adult kids because of the 'adults play at kids price' last weekend special.

Wink Re: Disneyland and DCA packed today - Capacity reached

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    My supervisor and her family are there this weekend,
    and at least one of my other co-workers are going
    this weekend, too. (all from Phoenix)

Hope you're feeling better, real soon, Dusty!

i think one (small, but still) source of all the crowds was that im az, specifically peoria, all the schools in pusd11 (about 30 schools) had friday off for a "testing break" so maybe families who have kids in that school district went to disneyland since there was a 3-day weekend.

disneyland with band november 2005

"Look!(shoots monkey)An undead monkey!" -jack sparrow

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Also there was a huge band/orchestra/choral competition going on in Fullerton and I know my son's high school band members were at the parks on Fri, Sat and Sunday. We talked to other family's from across the country that were there for the competition.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBaloo
    I believe the crowds are from 3 sources, 2fers, spring break and the 50th.
    Having been to DL a few times with in the last year when it has been unbearably crowded, I wonder how safe and legal it is to have so many people trying to navigate the hub and spoke system? If there were a real emergency is DL ready with an evacuation plan? I hope they limit the 2fer's next year.
    - I think you are right about the source of the crowds (promotions, spring break, 50th). We have been consistently busy on weekends at Disneyland since the 50th really got rolling last summer. It only gets worse when there is a holiday (and gets busy during the middle of the week as well).

- I wouldn't worry about the safety of a hub and spoke park layout. There are far more emergency exits out of the park than you realize. I have exited the park from Tomorrowland (behind Space) during a particularly busy New Year's Eve celebration (by a park supervisor who was helping me relocate my group which had left for the less crowded DCA) and guests can also be evacuated from Toon Town, Critter Country, and down the back sides of the Main Street Buildings (I'm sure there are other locations as well). In fact, exiting from Critter Country leaves you pretty much at the parking structure. The park really should consider using that as an overflow exit after Fantasmic on extremely busy days to prevent the chaos that ensues when the mass of Fantasmic people hit the mass of Fireworks people.

- I'm with you that the promotions should only be offered at times the parks are expected to be empty and should have end dates that don't carry over to busy periods like Spring Break.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast