• The one, the only...

Food and Wine Festival not promoted?

Here it is a couple weeks before the festival and the web page for DCA does not mention it. It is still promoting the Block Party Bash.

This could be the best thing for DCA in a long time. The Festival could draw people to PAY money to get into DCA for this. It will be a test of DCA REAL popularity. Why is Disney not promoting it more?

2fer was promoted everywhere, in grocery stores and radio. I have not heard a word about the festival. Why is at least the website promoting it?

If Disney is JUST appealing to locals, it might make sense, but I think that the festival is appealing to out-of-towners. WDW promotes the Garden Festival and Food and Wine Festival many months in advance. I know that WDW and DL are different, but with just a couple weeks to go, I believe that Disney should be doing more.

What do you think?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Food and Wine Festival not promoted?

Disneyland and WDW don't even compare. We have to give them a break, it's the 1st time doing this.......and with 600,000 plus AP holders I think it has been promoted well. You have to keep in mind most events are very pricey.....We'll have to see what happens.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It is a little strange. But I'm guessing that this first event is more a test to see what the general interest is in such an event. Does the media pick up on it? Do people read about it on Disney fan sites and go? Do day visitors decide to go to DCA rather than Disneyland because of the special event.
    If the interest is there, I'd bet that they start planning these events a year in advance and publicizing them more (just like WDW does). I hope that we will also see a DCA Garden Festival as well.

However DCA just doesn't have the same amount of available space as EPCOT, so I'm wondering how much they will be able to cram into the park for this event and if it will be worth making a special trip for. We'll see soon enough.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Maybe they will start to promote it after this weekend when the 2fers are done. Although it does seem werid that they haven't been already promoting it. I would love to see DCA do the Garden Festival since Epcot looks so beautiful during this time.

• no flash photography...

what are the dates for this?

• no flash photography...

nevermind...I found it..

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

It's weird because it isn't a DCA-specific event. Everything about it is saying "at the Disneyland Resort" ...this is obviously because of the events at the Hotels.

I think it might not be advertised all that much because it's a little harder to advertise. They can print out ads everywhere saying "Disney's California Food and Wine Festival at the Disneyland Resort" ...but when people get there, how do they handle directing everybody everywhere? People leave their brains at the parking structure and will not be able to figure out where to go... I suppose handing out Resort maps with event locations at the Parking Structure might work, but who knows..

I dont know.. just guessing here..

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I just made ressies for the Winemakers Dinner on Friday, May 19th, with Scott Mcleod and Rebecca Chapa - Francis Ford Coppola’s Winery: “The Rubicon Estate”
    I am sooooo looking forward to this. Usually my wife and I go to Irvine on our first night in town and hit "Ruth's Chris" steakhouse. But when I tripped across the promo for this at disney gallery website I scoped it out and said," This is the ticket for me!"
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Disneyland Freak

Halloween Haunt also had no promotion and that was a smashing success.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    It is a little strange. But I'm guessing that this first event is more a test to see what the general interest is in such an event. Does the media pick up on it? Do people read about it on Disney fan sites and go? Do day visitors decide to go to DCA rather than Disneyland because of the special event.
    If the interest is there, I'd bet that they start planning these events a year in advance and publicizing them more (just like WDW does). I hope that we will also see a DCA Garden Festival as well.

However DCA just doesn't have the same amount of available space as EPCOT, so I'm wondering how much they will be able to cram into the park for this event and if it will be worth making a special trip for. We'll see soon enough.
    I'm with Dusty on this one. I personally love Epcot's and I'm too young to drink.. so what does that tell you? 10 years of it and it's turned out wonderfully! As for DCA's, with the slight differences Dusty has mentioned, I'm sure it's more of a testing year than anything. And as far as APs and Disney fans go... it's a built-in media frenzy for Disney fans of all kinds. I personally can't see Disney really advertising this until it gets bigger like Epcot's has become. And even Epcot doesn't really "advertise" it, it's just a part of the information.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

It could be that they want to see how well the internet discussion boards do at promoting their events without spending alot of hard cash on advertising.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037