• Imagineer in training

The Amazing Race

I was watching The Amazing Race on TV recently, and got thinking about how much fun it would be to have a race through out the Disneyland Resort... just think of all the cool Detours and Roadblocks that are possible! Let's hear some cool ideas, everyone! (And just think how much fun this would be if we ever organized a MiceChat convention!!)

• It's all nonsense

Don't they do this already with that mouse adventure scavenger hunt thingie??

Imagine the possibilities of using all the parks for one big massive race. From California to Florida to Paris to Japan and then Hong Kong back to California.

If there was something like this I would sign up in a minute just to be able to visit the other parks.

You could also visit areas within Disney's history like Walt's birthplace, the real matterhorn, etc. I love the amazing race. Unfortunately I can never fall asleep afterwords because I'm so worked up, lol.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

• Minion

That would be a blast.
    We watch that show every week.
    Could you imagine how fun that would be?
    visit Paris where Walt served in the Red Cross ambulance Corp, and Disneyland Paris, where we get the next clue...

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Mouseplanet recently conducted this style of competition as part of their MouseAdventure events - known as the "MouseAdventure Invitational: The Enchanted Race"

My team played, and it was tough (but we finished!). It covered 10 miles throughout the resort and the surrounding area in about 6 hours. It sent us not all over Disneyland, but also Downtown Disney, The Disneyland Hotel, the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure, and all the way to the Howard Johnsons across Harbor. It was made up of a lot of puzzles and trivia, which would lead to the next "checkpoint" and so forth. It was FUN.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

The MousePlanet event did include an advanced "Amazing Race" division this year for experienced teams. It seemed to be a lot of fun...but very tough. Since this was our first year, we were in the "Open" division that was a little simpler...but we did manage a 3rd place!!

One major stumbling block with a television "Disney Amazing Race" is...wrong network! But then, in this age of programming rip-off, I'm sure ABC could come up with a similar premise and make it work without being sued. Not only would traipsing around the globe through various Disney properties be fun but the show would be a public relations bonanza.

Hey, ABC programmers!!! You reading this?? STEAL THIS IDEA!!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

This is a great idea. I would sign up in an instance. Another great idea is a Disney Jepordy style show.

• Defeats the Huns

Actually, the Amazing Race is affiliated with Touchstone. And Touchstone is a part of the Disney company. Therefore, it CAN happen.

I know this because I wanted to apply for the Amazing Race, but the rules state that if I'm a part of the Disney company (which I am), I cannot apply.