Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Almost did not believe what I heard at DCA

While waiting to get into DCA on 4/22, we heard something I did not think would happen. There was about 1 management level person in each line. Basically it seems that they were looking for people who had the 2fer tickets. They were offering that if you had a 2fer they would allow you to use your 2nd day at Disneyland instead of DCA because as one of the guys put it Disneyland is Busy but DCA is VERY busy. This did not seem to be a requirement as I saw only a few groups take them up on this offer. I don't know how long they did this, it was just strange that they were actually trying to keep people from going to DCA.

• Misses Disneyland

Re: Almost did not believe what I heard at DCA

Wow!

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

that is very shocking...DCA is finally pulling in what it was meant to

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Lovely! As they said in Field of Dreams: if you build it, they will come...

Glad to see DCA drawing some bodies, as I think it has a bit to offer. I've heard all the pros and MANY MANY cons against the park, but frankly, I can't see for the life of me why so many of the "fans" hate it so much.

Anyways, yay etc.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Gee, give away FREE tickets to the park "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!", and during the LAST weekend for the offer, when the tickets are about to expire, and you get folks into the park......

Heck, Six Flags Magic Mountain had a full parking lot yesterday.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Just Me

2 years ago the final day for the 2-fer was on Mother's Day. DCA was packed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Gee, give away FREE tickets to the park "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!", and during the LAST weekend for the offer, when the tickets are about to expire, and you get folks into the park......

Heck, Six Flags Magic Mountain had a full parking lot yesterday.....
    Human nature is interesting, isn't it? Put everything off until the last possible minute? I think DB is right. Give away a free day in the park and put an expiration date on it, and watch the crowds form on the last couple of days.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

They announced this on the tram into the park yesterday as well. It was shoulder-to-shoulder in DCA. Unbelievable!
    A signature should go here.

• no flash photography...

the 2fers are evil...LOL...I made the mistake of going on the last weekend they could be used once...never again....

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hey they are getting people in. Those people will buy food, and buy merch, and it is more money for ffod and merch than they would be getting anyways.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

I can confirm this from my connections in-park. DCA was at capacity yesterday and for the first time in memory, they were diverting to Disneyland! I was also informed that the entire middle-management staff for DCA that was off (for their "weekend") were all called in to help shore-up!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Hey they are getting people in. Those people will buy food, and buy merch, and it is more money for ffod and merch than they would be getting anyways.
    ok...IDC...from a purely selfish reason...they are and will always be evil to me....The one time I went on the last weekend it was really bad and they were not bringing in the best types of people. I should have taken pictures, but their huge tattoos across the back of their necks, on their heads, and down their arms were interesting....I could read them though, because the writing was that huge gothic print.....we people watched alot that day....something I never usually would do....but I wasn't there yesterday so hopefully it was different.

• Minion

That happened to me two years ago. I went for my 2nd day, Mother's Day, and DCA was too crowded so we were sent to DL until the crowds lightened at night! It was awesome

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Apparently people feel that the best amount of money to pay to get into to DCA is nothing.

No wonder it was packed.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    ok...IDC...from a purely selfish reason...they are and will always be evil to me....The one time I went on the last weekend it was really bad and they were not bringing in the best types of people. I should have taken pictures, but their huge tattoos across the back of their necks, on their heads, and down their arms were interesting....I could read them though, because the writing was that huge gothic print.....we people watched alot that day....something I never usually would do....but I wasn't there yesterday so hopefully it was different.
    You know I would almost take offense at this statement....you see my husband has quite a few tattoos also. I would be willing to bet that he is one of the nicest people you would ever meet. So...just because you have tattoos doesn't mean you are "not the best type of people". Tattoos do not have the stigma in society they once did, so on second thought I do take offense to that!
    Sorry for the slight derail...it is just MHO

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast