Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 101
  1. #46

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    last time i went i noticed the floor with wires all through the ride, can't they create an effect of fog on the uncovered areas? so it looks like clouds, i don't know but the floor with wires needs to be covered.

  2. #47

    • Launch sequence engaged
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    435

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    And isn't that sad? I thought Disney was a different company from the 'others'; I really was hoping it was. But, its the same as everyone else is on this greedy market.
    Welcome to the 21st century. Lazyboy is right, I highly doubt that guest complaints about It's A Small World include comments like "Why isn't there any water around the sets?" There are more important things that can be done to IASW then flooding the sets (i.e. audio, restoring dolls, again mentioned by Lazyboy).
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

    Avatar designed by Greg Maletic

  3. #48

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,039
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Walt was a buisness man, and a genious.
    Walt = artist. Roy = businessman. The two go hand in hand.

  4. #49

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,933
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Walt had some sort of buisness sense






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  5. #50

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Yup, but the Company has losed everything that it valued the most- family.

    Like Disney has much more land to build upon Disneyland as it is, they need to revamp current rides there. "it's a small world" could begin that first step. Your making a big deal over nothing. Sure, it would be timely and costly, but they could also do it in sections as well. Plus, I highly doubt putting the wire under piping would be THAT expensive- Jesus, they only rip you off ten bucks at the parking lot.

    And yes, I know a company 'needs' money to live and I certainly love money lol. But again, it gets to a point where they jip you everywhere- just like all companies. I think with the amount of business Disney has been having lately, they could lower their prices just a bit on their generic merchandise and on food (which really isn't that great to begin with). Sure, it's a company that makes money; it made money in the past when Walt was alive too. Your point? Walt actually USED the money to add more to Disneyland and into his animation features...today? Yeah, pockets. Well, no. I take that back- Nemo, PotC- but it has taken a long arse time to do so!

    It isn't the family company it use to be when Walt was alive, and I hope that soon changes. I love Disney with all my heart, but the way it has been so visiously run these past few years (before the 50th makeover), it just sickened me to see everything so badly in shape...it literally did. And things come back to this- like small world. Damn it, if it looks that bad, Disney should do something- stop defending them please. The ride doesn't look that great and needs quite a lot of improvements. And plus, while they are fixing the track, they could update the dolls, sets, audio, etc. I mean don't just give hope on it- please! Disney could do it if they want to. Heck, this is pointless. If Walt Disney was alive today, small world would be gone anyway, replaced with something even cooler.

    *Sorry if this sounded a bit course, this is just how i feel.

  6. #51

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,039
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Not tearing down and rebuilding a world famous attraction that people still enjoy is the end of Disney being about family?

    This isn't some quick little project that can be done in "sections". The entire thing would have to be done at once. Plus that would look even worse if it was in sections. The building would have to be gutted. The foundation is not designed to hold the weight of all of that extra water.Even a wider flume being plopped down would add so much extra weight that just wasn't accounted for in the original designs.

  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    ^Fine then. Let it close for awhile. If it had to be gutted, so be it. If the foundation needs to be stronger, then Disney should make it stronger. What's your point, lazyboy? You seem to defend Disney at every turn- I think an almost 45 year old attraction could be updated to make it look better- it looks like crap now- you see the ceiling, the wires, everything- chipped sets- yea, its beautiful. Things change lazyboy, in time everything changes. And what the heck are you babblin. They would tear out an attraction! They might have to tear out quite a few scenes- but yeah, you can add them directly back. Rebuilding? I suppose...for the better- to make it look even grander than what's at present.

  8. #53

    • Launch sequence engaged
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    435

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    It isn't the family company it use to be when Walt was alive, and I hope that soon changes. I love Disney with all my heart, but the way it has been so visiously run these past few years (before the 50th makeover), it just sickened me to see everything so badly in shape...it literally did. And things come back to this- like small world. Damn it, if it looks that bad, Disney should do something- stop defending them please. The ride doesn't look that great and needs quite a lot of improvements.
    I'm not trying to be a "Disney Defender," and you are entitled to your opinion, but your statements are a little over the top. Fine, maybe Disney isn't crazy about catering to families as Walt Disney was, but tell me what other company values the family experience? Six Flags? Cedar Fair?

    Plus, you make it sound like Small World is in disrepair. Last I rode it, everything was working fine, and the audio sounded great. When I hear complaints about IASW, it is in regards to the repetitive, hypnotic songs, not "flooded" sets. Honestly, part of the family aspect is being able to enjoy the ride with your kids, and I doubt kids are dissatisfied due to the amount of water in the ride.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

    Avatar designed by Greg Maletic

  9. #54

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,039
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    I think an almost 45 year old attraction could be updated to make it look better
    There is a difference between an update and completely tearing something down only to rebuild it almost exactly as it was.

  10. #55

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomorrowlandTourist
    I'm not trying to be a "Disney Defender," and you are entitled to your opinion, but your statements are a little over the top. Fine, maybe Disney isn't crazy about catering to families as Walt Disney was, but tell me what other company values the family experience? Six Flags? Cedar Fair?

    Plus, you make it sound like Small World is in disrepair. Last I rode it, everything was working fine, and the audio sounded great. When I hear complaints about IASW, it is in regards to the repetitive, hypnotic songs, not "flooded" sets. Honestly, part of the family aspect is being able to enjoy the ride with your kids, and I doubt kids are dissatisfied due to the amount of water in the ride.
    True, but for the simple fact it could alive an attraction a bit....it would be cooler- I never was impressed with how small world's track was- and how slow it goes too- it goes on and on and on. Which is fine..for ten minutes. I think perhaps a few new lyrics and beats are needed as well.

  11. #56

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    There is a difference between an update and completely tearing something down only to rebuild it almost exactly as it was.
    Good point. A little of both.

    Actually, TBH, I wouldn't mind actually if small world was torn down- the show building is HUGE and takes up a lot of space for an attraction most people (at least teens) rather ignore. I think it could be used for better purposes. But I would miss the facade.

  12. #57

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,039
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    True, but for the simple fact it could alive an attraction a bit....it would be cooler- I never was impressed with how small world's track was- and how slow it goes too- it goes on and on and on. Which is fine..for ten minutes. I think perhaps a few new lyrics and beats are needed as well.
    Water alivens an attraction? Maybe your problem with "it's a small world" is that you do not enjoy the Sherman brother's music and the pace of the attraction and the fact that it lacks more water.

    the show building is HUGE and takes up a lot of space for an attraction most people (at least teens) rather ignore.
    But what about family?

  13. #58

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    ^stop Quoting Me!
    Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 04-24-2006 at 10:34 PM.

  14. #59

    • Animatronic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,860

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    Flooding IASM is a wonderful idea. The ride does need some freshening up. With the flooding they could add water cannons for some excitment. Perhaps even simulating those souless black eyed dolls swimming for the boat, then at night, the whole attraction could switch over to "It's a small world of flesh eating demon dolls."

  15. #60

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,060

    Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

    I always favored the shooting arcade approach.
    (Well before Buzz Lightyear was even a glimmer
    in an animators eye.)

    and sinking the building would be a multi million $
    project. If a new foundation was needed to support
    the weight of all the water, wouldn't they need to
    tear down the existing building and perhaps even the
    existing foundation?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] Memories of the original Small World. R.I.P Small World Rainforest.
    By CAspace in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 04:43 PM
  2. [Pictures] It's a Small World
    By Rystall in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 12:08 PM
  3. Disney's Big Price for a Small, Small World - Motley Fool - 8/7/2006
    By sir clinksalot in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •