Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Are they ever going to flood Small World?

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    ^Please! Small World, it wouldn't cost THAT much. Everest costs them 100 million. This would be at most 500,000 to a million.
    I'm willing to bet of the bought a new ride system to replace the old one that alone would be $6-10 million so I think you are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Wasnt IASW supposed to get revamped for the 50th.? What did those plans entail? anyone remember?
    It got the classic paint and the restored sound system. I think that is all it is getting at this point. But it happened so early it didn't get put in the same group as Jungle Cruise and Space as "upgraded" for the 50th.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    i want to see Silent Hill
    Oh yes because a movie off a killing video games fits in an IASW discussion so well...

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I'm willing to bet of the bought a new ride system to replace the old one that alone would be $6-10 million so I think you are off.

It got the classic paint and the restored sound system. I think that is all it is getting at this point. But it happened so early it didn't get put in the same group as Jungle Cruise and Space as "upgraded" for the 50th.

Oh yes because a movie off a killing video games fits in an IASW discussion so well...
    there are other options they could do also

rebuilding the sets to meet up with the boats more and not leave such a gap down would be one thing or theming something to cover up the unsightly wires and speakers would be another thing to do (the ride may be permanent but looking at the base of it like that doesn't give you that impression)

they could also create a sort of mini extension next to the boats to hold water only a few inches deep and create the illusion of it being deep rather then holding all that water

they just need to get rid of the bad show that's in the ride

the origional talk was that for the 50th several rides would get major overhaults including IASW, HM, Space, Jungle Cruise and Pirates

from my undertanding HM may be getting these upgrades at a slower pace the Jungle Cruise got some seriously cutback changes

only Pirates and Space come close to what the origional plans were

IASW didn't really get anything

the restoration of the sound was about it and the repainted Facade seems to have been part of project sparkle

the ride is still very dated looking and there are quite a few things they could do to fix it

Disney CAN do it cheap, don't know what everyone's worried about. Just stop keeping up with roof repairs, and whammo! Guarenteed to be flooded for free over the next couple months.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Pirates, Potter and Pan

The whole ride experience just needs to be...enhanced. I would kill someone if they changed the song (as annoying as it can be), or anything else like that. And although it's true that children don't look at the ceiling, or care about the visible wiring, it's still something that I think needs to be changed, (although, I've always enjoyed looking over the side of the boat to see what's underneath everything). One of the things I've always loved about Disneyland is how (for the most part) the rides seem to keep their magic as I get older. For me personally, IASM hasn't. I remember being very disappointed coming back to Disneyland at age 12, going on IASM and feeling as if I was just in a huge warehouse.

I don't know. I'm not sure about flooding it (although when you dont think about the time and effort that would go into it, it sounds like a good idea), but they should at LEAST do something with the ceiling.

• Infinitized!

What they need to do is change the theme song to "Duff Beer for me! Duff Beer for you! I'll have a Duff, you have one too!..."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brebo
    The whole ride experience just needs to be...enhanced. I would kill someone if they changed the song (as annoying as it can be), or anything else like that. And although it's true that children don't look at the ceiling, or care about the visible wiring, it's still something that I think needs to be changed, (although, I've always enjoyed looking over the side of the boat to see what's underneath everything). One of the things I've always loved about Disneyland is how (for the most part) the rides seem to keep their magic as I get older. For me personally, IASM hasn't. I remember being very disappointed coming back to Disneyland at age 12, going on IASM and feeling as if I was just in a huge warehouse.

I don't know. I'm not sure about flooding it (although when you dont think about the time and effort that would go into it, it sounds like a good idea), but they should at LEAST do something with the ceiling.
    I second that; great answer =]!

Try 30-40 million. Seriously. Redoing that building up to current California code, building a new flume, and simply the amount of time it would take to do such a project (at least a year) would cost an atrocious amount of money. How long did it take them to do Space Mountain? This is even more complicated, as it involves water. Actually, the $30-$40 million figure is probably the bare minimum for such a project.

That said, I rather like the charm of Disneyland's Small World and it's 'let's put on a show' World's Fair look. The ones in Paris and Tokyo blew me away with their updated effects and detailed effects (as well as being just the right length, a good 6-7 minutes shorter at least, which is PLENTY). WDW's is cute, but it's a good 2 minutes longer then the TOkyo & Paris ones, although still about 5 minutes shorter then Disneyland's (which I believe, clocks in around 14 minutes.) Man.... that's one slow ride!

does anyone know where there's video of the Paris and Tokyo versions of small world? I've seen pics of a scene from the Paris one and it looks amazing....I especially like the clouds to hide the ceiling.
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

• Disneyland Nomad

You can't flood Small World because there are certain area cast member have to walk through. Its not plossible with the way the building was built too.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss
    Try 30-40 million. Seriously.
    Hmm makes you think Six Flags had the right ideas...if they can build the world's largest flying coaster for $21 million, but just a new flume for IASW would be $30 million...that actually kind of suprised me for a flume. I figured a rebuild would be $80 million...but just $30 for the flume...ouch if that's the current cost.

Hmm makes you think Six Flags had the right ideas...if they can build the world's largest flying coaster for $21 million, but just a new flume for IASW would be $30 million...that actually kind of suprised me for a flume. I figured a rebuild would be $80 million...but just $30 for the flume...ouch if that's the current cost.
    yeah that makes me wonder

what was the costs for the Space Mountain redo?

really $80 million sounds more like the cost for if they did all the other upgrades

though really if water is implausible then for heavens sake cover up the wires and then upgrade the walls and ceiling so that guests can look directly at the scenes or look up

as it stands it seems like something is always looking rather medeocer when your on it

as far as advertisment goes it'd probably need to be combined with something like a celebration or similar to that "new" fantasyland type deal

though honestly flooding IASW or upgrading it's ceilings would do alot more for that ride then even all the bonuses fantasyland darkrides recieved back when they were upgraded in my opinion

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567