• Donalds younger brother

Sad Park closing question?

Question, when the park gets full do they still let resort guests in. We are going in july and i am not going to be a happy camper if we payed all this money only to be sitting in the hotel waiting.

• That Guy

Re: Park closing question?

My understanding is that if you are staying at a DLR property you are guaranteed admittance into both of the resorts. I could be full of it, but that is what I have heard.

best of luck!

• Donalds younger brother

I hope that is the case. We are staying at the GC. I guess I am gonna have to call.

There are several levels of capacity.

The first level, is when the Park closes itself, on its own. At that point handstamps and Resort guests are let in, but you may have to take the monorail over to the Tomorrowland entrance. (Don't know what happens when the monorail closes up shop)

The second level is when the Fire Department has to shut down the Parks......at that point, we're all in trouble. Ain't nobody gettin' in!

I've only experienced the first level, last December, where they were only letting in Handstamps and Resort guests, (you need to show your special resort receipt).

I've never had a problem, as a resort guest of the GCH, gettting in, and I've been to Disneyland at some of the craziest/busiest times of the year, at least in December/New Years!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
    There are several levels of capacity.

The first level, is when the Park closes itself, on its own. At that point handstamps and Resort guests are let in, but you may have to take the monorail over to the Tomorrowland entrance. (Don't know what happens when the monorail closes up shop)

The second level is when the Fire Department has to shut down the Parks......at that point, we're all in trouble. Ain't nobody gettin' in!

I've only experienced the first level, last December, where they were only letting in Handstamps and Resort guests, (you need to show your special resort receipt).

I've never had a problem, as a resort guest of the GCH, gettting in, and I've been to Disneyland at some of the craziest/busiest times of the year, at least in December/New Years!
    This weekend was an example of the Fire Marshal shutting down the park (DCA.) Generally, on a closing, it reopens about 4 after the first parade (when people head out for naps.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I beleive that they stop selling tickets for 1 day guests first, and goes through the different types of tickets. If you think there may be a problem getting in, the earlier in the day you can get in the better. There is no guarantee that I know of for any type of ticket. If they hit their top level they won't let anyone in. Also, if it is busy that day and you have to leave check with the Cast Members at the gate to see if you will be able to get back in.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Yes, entry when it's closed to others is just one more "perk" of staying "on property". It's helped us out a few times. Though we did feel a little bit sorry for the other folks that they weren't letting in, since they were either staying at non-Disney hotels or were day-trippers.

We got the evil-eye from a few as well...

Handstamps are really the same thing as "on property". Resort guests aren't treated any different than anyone else with a handstamp, when it comes to capacity issues.

• I was deleted.

Cast Members are also of the first to be turned away when the parks get busy.