Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    I think people are hyped up to praise him, because he's a breath of fresh air after the last decade of Pressler-induced smog, and seeing what he's done has made us excited about what's to come. I take a look at the park these days, and I just want to hug the man. He brought back the "warm fuzzies" that I used to get whenever I entered the park as a kid.

And does that make me insane? Heck, we'll just add it to the proud list of things people think I'm insane for.

• Funnier than you.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    Time will tell and the way he administers the park after the 50th will speak volumes as to his legacy as the president of Disneyland.
    I think that dramaqueen makes a critical point here. The company has clearly put more money into Disneyland for the 50th. it will be interesting to see what happens when that money disappears after the 50th celebration is over. All paint fades eventually.
    That Guy!

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Mitchell
    Ok...thanks...I thought I was the only one.
    It's nice to not be all alone... in the dark... crying.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Banned User

I think why he is so great and why I think he could run Disney is how similar to Walt he is. It seems that his devotion and imagination are not bound like the rest of the world. He loves Disneyland, as Walt did and is making it his home, as Walt did and he loves the public, as Walt did. I don't know about you but I think that's what's important. With those ideals of true passion, I think he will take Disneyland to great heights and hopefully some day he'll be doing the same for Disney.

• Minion

I don't agree about it being WAY WAY too much.
    It may be too much for some but not all.
    As someone who has literally been depressed for a long time about the obvious serious decline of Disneyland, with the greedy short-sighted direction of the corporation and Pressler in particular, I feel strongly that Mr. Ouimet is not overrated. For some, a tee-shirt is not too much. I have waited a very long time to feel this good about Disneyland again. By the way, I am quite sane, just happy.

• Funnier than you.

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    It's nice to not be all alone... in the dark... crying.

HOW DID YOU KNOW!!!!????

I mean....uh....what?
    That Guy!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I think people are hyped up to praise him, because he's a breath of fresh air after the last decade of Pressler-induced smog, and seeing what he's done has made us excited about what's to come. I take a look at the park these days, and I just want to hug the man. He brought back the "warm fuzzies" that I used to get whenever I entered the park as a kid.

And does that make me insane? Heck, we'll just add it to the proud list of things people think I'm insane for.
    DITTO!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    I think why he is so great and why I think he could run Disney is how similar to Walt he is. It seems that his devotion and imagination are not bound like the rest of the world. He loves Disneyland, as Walt did and is making it his home, as Walt did and he loves the public, as Walt did. I don't know about you but I think that's what's important. With those ideals of true passion, I think he will take Disneyland to great heights and hopefully some day he'll be doing the same for Disney.
    Um. I don't want to be contrary... but how do you know this? How do you know he's not just trying to get promoted... or trying not to get fired? He may be the right man for the job, but let's not go overboard... Walt he aint!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• șoș Tom șoș

I think that dramaqueen makes a critical point here. The company has clearly put more money into Disneyland for the 50th. it will be interesting to see what happens when that money disappears after the 50th celebration is over. All paint fades eventually.
    Yes but we are seeing more than just paint from him and we were lucky to see paint at all under Pressler. He has a respect for the orgins and magic of Disney. His approach is not unlike Walt who was friendly to guest and CMs a like.

I worked there for a while, never met Pressler. Yet all of my friends who currently work there, say Matt has taken the time to talk to them, listen to them and make himself available. Is that over-rated? Maybe, or maybe its just that it looks that way after Pressler left a void of good will in that park.

Lastly do I think Matt could someday run the Mouse empire someday. Running and managing the park is a difficult task and you certainly have to interact with a lot of other parts of the corperation. Unlike a former head of ABC who was probably limited to contact with only a few other portions of the company.

As goes Disneyland, so goes the rest of the empire...(in my opinion)

• Banned User

The proof is in not only his words, but in his actions. I think that you're all (at least the ones saying he's not that great) are just playing the devils advocate. This guy has done great things and we WILL see more. Why don't you try and open your minds and realize that there are other people out there that could compare to Walt. You keep saying that he isn't Walt but you never tell me why. Give me a reason for how you feel aside from, he's a suit or he's just trying not to get fired!

EDIT: As goes Disneyland, so goes the rest of the empire...

This is the best saying ever! And that's the way Walt felt.

• Resident Science Nerd

I agree that the board as a collective sometimes seems to be over-enthusiatic about Matt Ouimet because there are so many people on the board, and since many people have noticed the changes at DLR, there a lot of posts that mention Matt. A lot of small mentions add up, so sometimes I think what seems to be the overall tone of the board doesn't nessecarily reflect the magnitude of people's opinions.
    About the Ouimetland shirts etc., ya gotta take that a little tongue-in-cheek because I'm pretty sure that's how it's intended.
    For many of us, myself included, I think that we have a strong emotional connection to DLR and to see our beloved park be treat like *gasp* magic mountain was a little disturbing. So it's logical that when we see postive changes, and there are many, we get, as Disneyphile said, the warm fuzzies. We can't help but we excited the DLR is getting some respect.
    Finally, I totally agree that we have to wait and see whether this continues. I think there are some postive signs but you never know, after all Eisner produced some of the best disney movies ever...
    Last edited by LeeLi; 04-06-2005 at 02:11 PM.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLi
    I agree that the board as a collective sometimes seems to be over-enthusiatic about Matt Quimet because there are so many people on the board, and since many people have noticed the changes at DLR, there a lot of posts that mention Matt. A lot of small mentions add up, so sometimes I think what seems to be the overall tone of the board doesn't nessecarily reflect the magnitude of people's opinions.
    About the Quimetland shirts etc., ya gotta take that a little tongue-in-cheek because I'm pretty sure that's how it's intended.
    For many of us, myself included, I think that we have a strong emotional connection to DLR and to see our beloved park be treat like *gasp* magic mountain was a little disturbing. So it's logical that when we see postive changes, and there are many, we get, as Disneyphile said, the warm fuzzies. We can't help but we excited the DLR is getting some respect.
    Finally, I totally agree that we have to wait and see whether this continues. I think there are some postive signs but you never know, after all Eisner produced some of the best disney movies ever...
    OUIMET, not QUIMET!!!!! An O, not a Q!!!

• Rawr...

Get 'em sediment!
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Rock Star Minion

Maybe I chose the wrong word. I think that a certain amount of praise that is being heaped on him is excessive.
    Do you have any examples, or are you just thinking?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have to get back to sculpting this golden bust of CM Matt's head...

• Rawr...

Do you have any examples, or are you just thinking?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have to get back to sculpting this golden bust of CM Matt's head...
    I have mine displayed on a pedistle in the middle of the room.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast