Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Neep meep beep

Re: Does Disney enforce the "No Outside Food" rule?

We brought in this past Sunday three oranges, six power bars, four cookies, two diet cokes, and a water.

• white and nerdy

I've called Disneyland twice concerning this question. They told me that there is no ban on outside food.
    1. large coolers are forbidden outside of the picnic area
    2. No glass bottles
    3. they encourage people who bring their own meals to use the picnic area.

In other words, there is no "no outside food" rule at Disneyland
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    I've called Disneyland twice concerning this question. They told me that there is no ban on outside food.
    Great! That means I can bring in my Pig on a Spit! ( just random)
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    just don't spit on the pig. That's gross.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

I frequently bring outside food into the DLR and have had no problems.
    Apparently Six Flags plays it closer to the book because I got used to bringing food to DL and tried doing the same there, and they took it.
    Rules are rules.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    As long as the spit is made of a plastic or composite material you are ok.

On a side note, it is still NOT okay to spit on a pig at DLR.

• Disneymom

With a family of three kids, all with season passes, we save alot of money by packibg sandwiches and sodas and juice boxes as well as snacks through out the day. We eat the breakfast at the hotel, pack lunch and such then buy dinner in the park. It helps us to be able to go more often and as we are driveing 8 hours and staying in a hotel we can use all the savings we can get. I am glad that we can take food into the park.

• Disneyland Freak

They only ask that you don't bring food in. As everyone else has already said, you can take food in as long as it's not in a glass container and as long as you aren't bringing in a cooler and a keg
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Animatronic

I've been going to Disneyland multiple times per year since the 60's and never even thought to bring food into the park, however, I have gotten my hand stamped and eaten outside the park. I felt so cheap.

• I was deleted.

Especially since after you pass through a security check point, the picnic area is right there.. you could always just "bring the food there."

I have brought in Mountain Dew and some snacks myself. Since I'm usually on vacation at DL I don't have too much with me besides that. However, I know the no cooler rule is there, but sometimes that slides also. I have seen many a guests pushing and pulling coolers of all shapes and sizes around WDW. Some even abandon their coolers for some time while they visit an attraction, or two, or five and others even go as far as attaching their cooler to a tree or pole. Technically coolers are a security hazard and I agree when they are left alone for hours, strapped to some light pole!

You can bring in food as long as it isnt in a cooler or it isnt in glass otherwise they don't care.... this glass part goes for anything that you have that is glass they wont let you in with it unless you get searched from a person that doesnt care!!!!

• Minion

There are so many "rules" that Disney doesn't enforce, they need to start calling them "Disney Suggestions"...

I bring food every time. However, I have a 2 year old, and we need to have snacks. I don't bring coolers, or glass, but I bring enough for my daughter and me. I have never had a problem. I am glad someone called, and it is okay. I will stop feeling bad. I do always buy a Dole Whip while I am there...

Erika

• Drunk On Disney

I once went in to Disneyland carrying a soda. I was actually worried that they would take it from me, but no one said a thing.

Thanks for the info!

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Minion

Wink Re: Does Disney enforce the "No Outside Food" rule?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Especially since after you pass through a security check point, the picnic area is right there.. you could always just "bring the food there."

I have brought in Mountain Dew and some snacks myself. Since I'm usually on vacation at DL I don't have too much with me besides that. However, I know the no cooler rule is there, but sometimes that slides also. I have seen many a guests pushing and pulling coolers of all shapes and sizes around WDW. Some even abandon their coolers for some time while they visit an attraction, or two, or five and others even go as far as attaching their cooler to a tree or pole. Technically coolers are a security hazard and I agree when they are left alone for hours, strapped to some light pole!
    Was the cooler covered with NASCAR stickers? If so, that would explain a few things.Reminds me of one of those "You might be a redneck" jokes. Bringing in food to the park in a discreet manner, such as in your backpack or bag, is acceptable. When you start hauling around a cooler all over the park, that's where your lack of class comes into play. It's equal to bringing in a bag from McDonalds to a nice restaraunt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast