Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Question Does Disney enforce the "No Outside Food" rule?

Once I was walking though the park and I saw a family sitting down on a bench near Thunder Mountain and they were enjoying sandwiches, snacks and drinks brought from home. I saw security walk past them and only glance in their general direction. Do they even enforce the "No Outside Food" rule?

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Does Disney enforce the "No Outside Food" rule?

They haven't been enforcing the rule lately. We've taken in sandwiches, snack bars and water bottles. The folks at the (so-called) security check points just look at it and wave us through.

I think that is being fair to the guests.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    Once I was walking though the park and I saw a family sitting down on a bench near Thunder Mountain and they were enjoying sandwiches, snacks and drinks brought from home. I saw security walk past them and only glance in their general direction. Do they even enforce the "No Outside Food" rule?
    No, as long as you aren;t bringing in a cooler, they really don't care. I can understand the families delimia. I also know there were times my kids wouldn't eat anything but certain foods. (That time is LONG gone.) As long as I have gone to Disneyland (since mid 60s) they have never enforced that rule. (We do pack in food also, but its because we can't find it in the park... puppy kibble!!!)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I've seen people bring in food from Mrs. Knotts!

• Banned User

I can understand bringing in food, but from mrs. Knotts?? Lol

That's almost as bad as wearing a universal shirt to disney mgm studios or magic kingdom... Or an busch gardens tampa shirt to ak or willamsburg shirt to epcot...

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

They dont enforce it if it is in your bag, but when you start to bring any size coolers then they will tell yuo to put them in the lockers outside the gates. We alwasys bring snacks and food. I really think its the size and amount of food you bring in. I bet management has just told security to let them slide since food services has been really bad.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Earth Intruder

The other problem with enforcing the outside food thing is Downtown Disney. Say you get a doggy bag from Brennan's and want to re-enter the park. Or a coffee from La Brea Bakery. Or some snacks at the hotel. You're buying food on Disney property and/or from Disney and they won't let you in? People would be mighty pissed off.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• I'm Flying High

Once I ate a PopTart in the park!

• Who's your DaddyB?

We've brought in soft sided coolers (albeit small ones) with our lunch meats and sandwhiches inside and weren't stopped either.

Generally, I won't try to bring in cans of soda, but plastic bottles (or boxes) of juice sail right through. They know you gotta keep those cold. If I want a soda, I'd rathar just buy it there than haul it around the parks anyway.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Common sense is used. Technically I think only baby food is allowed, but Disney knows it would be insane to stop every person hoarding a few snacks and the uproar it would cause to bar entrance to a family with a few snacks and the bad PR that would bring. Not to mention those people may complain, and get comped someway anyways.
    Bottom line, just don't try to host a tailgate party in the park. If you just observe 'movie theatre snack-sneaking guildelines' on the amount of stuff, it should just slide.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

What about glass bottles? I always thought that was a big no-no.

Although after having so much trouble getting into any kind of stadium with anything, Disneyland is quite a refreshing difference.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

Once I saw someone with a jar of jelly be told she couldn't bring it in.

I too have brought in snacks into the park, but never a whole meal. Part of the experience is eating there. It really isn't that expensive if you consider the restaurants at DD and the time it takes to get anywhere in Anaheim. And who can resist clam chowder in a bread bowl on the Gallery Patio.
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

• Here to change the world

I've brought in Subway sandwhiches and soda before. I didn't even sneak them in, and nobody cared.

The only thing they will really turn you away for food-wise is glass containers and alcohol.
    Once I got yelled at for trying to bring in a Snapple (glass bottle) but they have no problem with plastic bottles or aluminum cans.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain EO
    I've brought in Subway sandwhiches and soda before. I didn't even sneak them in, and nobody cared.
    Same here. I always bring cans of soda, sandwiches, small bags of chips, granola bars and protein bars in two small coolers. I have never received a second look from the screeners.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast