Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monsters Inc @ DCA

So I've been scratching my head about this one... How are they gonna tie this ride to a California theme - - and even a Hollywood Pictures Backlot theme? Anyone see any connections (other then Pixar is based in Ca!!)?

• Down Under without Nemo..

Well, we're on our way to be extras in a Pixar movie when Brendan Fras... um, Sulley comes on screen and complains he's not getting coffee.........
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• Unknowing Minion

good question. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Curious as well,

Duck!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

I suppose there'll be about as much california theming over at the monsters inc. attraction (I've heard the tentative title before, but I forgot what it is! "Kid Crazy" or something like that...I'll look it up and post it.) as there is over in Bugs Land.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Well, if you think about it Muppet*Vision 3D doesn't really fit with the hollywood theme, except for the "movie posters" in the queue -- and that attraction has been there since opening, right? Sure the Monsters, Inc ride will further lessen rhe Backlot's theme... But at least were getting an attraction that isn't a copy of another one (even if it is a d-ticket) ...

• e komo mai

I have a feeling the attractions will just tack on to the Hollywood theme of movie making or the stars Mike and Sulley are. Or maybe it'll be Mike and Sulley visiting the closets of Hollywood stars like Whoopi Goldberg and Cher. Oy vey!

• I won't grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I have a feeling the attractions will just tack on to the Hollywood theme of movie making or the stars Mike and Sulley are. Or maybe it'll be Mike and Sulley visiting the closets of Hollywood stars like Whoopi Goldberg and Cher. Oy vey!
    LOL Monsters inc meets Superstar Limo

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Down Under without Nemo..

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    ... Mike and Sulley visiting the closets of Hollywood stars like Whoopi Goldberg and Cher. Oy vey!
    What, so they can come out of them ??
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

No i think it'll be based as Monsters Inc with us visiting Monstropolis and we live the life of Mike and Sully as we did in the movie through a series of Pooh like cutouts and blacklights, nothing too extravagent just to add another reason to go to the park. I went on superstar limo It wasnt to bad I accually liked it!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• I won't grow up!

Even when I saw the movie - I thought the entire door thing would be a great ride. It doesn't work for the kiddies so much, and have no idea how they would do it.

But think about it - when you saw the movie, no matter how old you are, the kid inside you said 'I wanna do that'

• Just Me

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Red
    Even when I saw the movie - I thought the entire door thing would be a great ride. It doesn't work for the kiddies so much, and have no idea how they would do it.

But think about it - when you saw the movie, no matter how old you are, the kid inside you said 'I wanna do that'

They could do it sort of along the lines of Ninja at MM.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

ok, I finally got a minute and looked it up through my sources -- The current working title for the Monster's Inc attraction at DCA is "Kid Katastrophe". Any feedback on that?

I also had a quick look at the attraction layout. If they stick with the current document, I can tell you that the riders WILL get to take a ride through Harry Hausens (sp?), an alley in monstropolis, the locker room at monsters inc., and the scare floor at monster's inc. Randall is also slated to make an appearance on the ride. I hope they have some cool camoflage effects slated for him!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• I won't grow up!

So you basically go through the movie in a car, or what-not, and relive it again....
    I guess thats how most of the rides based on movies go... But it could easily turn into another 'Himleich'
    hmmm..... have to think on that....

• What have I done?

So you basically go through the movie in a car, or what-not, and relive it again....
    I guess thats how most of the rides based on movies go... But it could easily turn into another 'Himleich'
    hmmm..... have to think on that....
    Actually I dont see this one turning into a Hiemlich (spelling?), I have real hope for this one... I think I may be one of the few who really enjoy DCA so I dont know. The concept seems extremely fun to me!

• BTMR Lover!

That's exactly what I thought!!! I imagined it to be more like Peter Pan's Flight in Disneyland with the cars moving along the ceiling. I would definitely ride that! And don't forget that Peter Pan ALWAYS has a long line and I think a similar ride in DCA could draw a big crowd as well.
    -Erica

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast