Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry
    That restaurant is awful. The food is overpriced and not very good. Plus, any restaurant that has a gift shop in the front should be a warning sign.
    I like the breakfasts at Cracker Barrel.

  2. #32

    • Shablagoo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    8,908

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    I like Cracker Barrel too. Shame we don't have them in Washington.
    As for Rainforest Cafe, I have never been too impressed with the food. I like the decor though.

  3. #33

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Larry
    Of course ESPN Zone isn't great either.
    I don't think I've ever had a good dinning experience in Downtown Disney.
    ESPN zone has some good salads, and I had a great steak there one time. I can see where it depends on what you select for dinner, however. They have a lot of "deep fried" and "burger/chicken strips" selections that are just -- hmm."

  4. #34

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by TINK23
    We still had a good dinner down at Red Robin on Chapman & Harbor. I understand that things happen, but I was disappointed we couldn't go to such a cool place.

    Thanks for your reply's.
    Mmmmm Red Robin. Sorry but I'd pick Red Robin over Rainforest Cafe any day hands down. Much better food. Sorry about the bad service for you though. But just like others have said...we ALL rely on computers on technology too much. I remember a few years back I tried to go to a Best Buy near me and they "closed" because their computer system was down. Oh well...just shows you how screwed we'll all be if technology crashes. DOOM!

  5. #35

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    One of the best burgers I've ever had was at ESPNZone. Mmm.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  6. #36

    • Give Peace a Chance
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    8 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    674

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    When Rainforest Café first opened @ DtD we were very pleased and always received excellent service. But over the past year the service has become so poor that we no longer go there unless a friend from out of town wants to have a meal there. The last time this happened I had made reservations days in advance. On the day I was to meet my friends I arrived a few minutes early to get the formalities out of the way. I waited in line at the Blue Elephant patiently with my Rainforest Membership card until I was first in line, then the unspeakable occurred ~ the receptionist began assisting people from behind me as though I did not exist. after she had helped the 3rd person from behind me I asked he if she thought I was chopped liver! She replied with a lame response that she thought I had been with the party before me (than why was I still standing there?) I admit to being short, but at the time I had purple hair, there was no way she didn't see me, I clashed with the elephant! ~ We haven't been back since.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș









  7. #37

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    44

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Wow, it sucks to know that so many people have had a terrible experience at TRC. The few times that I have been there I've always had a great time. The service has always been decent, their appetizer platter amazing and the best pot roast outside the home I ever had was there. Then again, I haven't eaten there in about three years because the line to get in is always so ridiculously long. I always figured it was because the quality is still there, but I guess not.

  8. #38

    • Title: [scanning.....]
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Just down the road
    Posts
    1,902

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    I had clam chowder once that tasted like they had dropped a whole carton of salt into the pot. I sent it back and didn't pay
    Buy Genius eau de toilette: Made with 1% Inspiration

    Happiness is returning after a much regretted hiatus!!!

    BOO!

  9. #39

    •   
    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    At a table in front of the French Quarter Market
    Posts
    574

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    This is really interesting because I was also there that night. I wanted to eat there for my birthday. We didn't have reservations, but I thought I would at least see how long the wait was. They told us they were so busy, they weren't even taking names, but we could try back in a half hour if we wanted. Half an hour later, they still weren't taking names, and lots of people were complaining. I thought it was just because it was Saturday night. Your post sheds a new light on things. No wonder there were so many angry people outside the restaurant. We couldn't get in anywhere else, either, without a really long wait. We ended up getting food from Tortilla Joe's fast food window. They had a wonderful hot fudge brownie, by the way, the kind with ice cream on top. One of the best I've had. It kind of made up for my missing a volcano at Rainforest.

    Fluffy Club Member

  10. #40

    • The Dark Ride
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Garden, CA
    Posts
    260

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    I've only been to three of the Lawry's restraunts -- Rainforest Cafe in Michigan, Rainforest Cafe in DTD @ WDW, and the Joe's Crab Shack here in Columbus. Of what I've seen of them, they are very computer dependent. I don't think it's a case of not knowing how to use pen and paper at all, it's more of a case of everything they need is in the computers. Computers control the animatronics. They're in the registers, the seating charts, probably back in the kitchen to communicate the orders, probably inventory system, reservation system, music system, etc. etc. etc. All computers crash? They're done.

    What they need to do in a case where they're so computer dependent is to have some backup computers that run on a seperate server. This is their only downfall in this situation.
    You hit the nail on the head.

    Automation is a great thing, and should dramatically improve service most of the time (no chance of running out of an item, if the order system is locked into the inventory database...no chance of screwing up an order or a bill if they're all tied into one contiguous process, etc.) but if they fail, it's catastrophic.

    I'll add this: it's still unacceptible. 'Our computers are down' signifies one of a few things: the network is down, the primary server is down, or power is out. If these systems all rely on a remote server (which would be really poorly engineered, IMHO) then another scenario would have Internet or WAN communications being down.

    Networks just don't crash out for hours. If they do, it's because your network is incredibly poorly designed or your IT monkeys don't know diddly.

    If a primary server is key to the system, as you say, it should have a backup. And that backup should have a backup. And so on. No excuse for this, -ever-.

    If power is out, it should be apparent. No reason for -just- computer power to be out. Again, if that's the case, -terrible- engineering of their power needs.

    If they're relying on a remote server, as I said, that's just really, really stupid. To have your thriving retail business rely on Internet or WAN communications? Oh heavens, you just must be trying to fail.

    So yes, I do absolutely think they had no way of operating on any level without the computers. It wasn't an issue of just not knowing how, their entire process is dependent, I'd imagine. That said, it was still completely not ok on any level and shows that this place can -not- be trusted with your plans. If it happened once, it'll happen again, and there will be no warning and no quick solution.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

  11. #41

    • Island Paradise
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    806

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    One of the best burgers I've ever had was at ESPNZone. Mmm.
    Me too! And the service was exceptional...

  12. #42

    • Queen of Sarcasm
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    I went there this week to eat and I was totally not impressed. You wait to put your name in and more times than not the receptionist gives of a demure of being short and rude and then see it come true right in front of your eyes when someone asks what the wait time is and the receptionist goes off and starts making comments of "do I look like a clock to you?" I thought it was weird but whatever so you go and eat, wait forever for the bill to come so you can pay it. God forbid you have to ask for them to validate your parking because you would have to go back to the receptionist from earlier. The questions then start again like she is interogating you. "How long did you wait to be seated? Where did you sit? Who was the server? What did you order? What came on the plate? What did you have to drink?" Then maybe if you give satisfactory answers she will validate it. I don't think I will be going there anytime soon due to the snotty receptionist.

  13. #43

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    I had an experience similar only it was at the Rainforest Cafe at Ontario Mills, I arrived there and they said they were having a problem with the lighting instead of the computers, they said it would be about 10 minutes, so we waited outside by their waterfall, what I didn't understand was that their power was out but the Waterfall was running? I don't know. but anyway we went back about 12 minutes later and when we got to the table they told us we had to leave because they were having more problems with the power, so we left. We hadn't ordered yet but as we left we waited outside the resturaunt for about 5 problems noticing that the lights never even flickered. So we reapproached them for the last time, we go in and they seat us by the fountain only as we get in there everything runs smoothly, then sure enough the power goes out. so we just said forget it. I guess it wasn't really their fault about the power but it gets very annoying having to enter then leave and enter again.


  14. #44

    • Give Peace a Chance
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    8 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    674

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    I think it has a lot to do with the staffing at DtD. We used to eat there 3 times a month or more. We have even been seated within 60 seconds on Valentine's Day evening without having had reservations when the line to get in was around the building. The staff used to be courteous. The food used to be of a higher quality. Somewhere along the line they started cutting corners. Perhaps the training they provided to their employees was shortened from a 5 day orientation to 3 days, whatever, it shows. The quality of the food is also not what it was when it first opened, whether this is due to using different products (in some cases I think this is the case) or just the staff preparing it, again the quality shows. When you have a company that has a reputation like the Rainforest Café and it is located in a tourist area, they may loose local business, but they will not loose the tourist trade.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș









  15. #45

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: Rainforest Nightmare 4/22

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneeFanatico
    Wow, it sucks to know that so many people have had a terrible experience at TRC. The few times that I have been there I've always had a great time. The service has always been decent, their appetizer platter amazing and the best pot roast outside the home I ever had was there. Then again, I haven't eaten there in about three years because the line to get in is always so ridiculously long. I always figured it was because the quality is still there, but I guess not.
    We went there in March (for lunch). The food was so-so. I did like the frozen lemonade. Overall it was rather pricey, and we are unlikely to return. I'ld rather eat at the takeout window at Tortilla Jo's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Which one? Naples or Rainforest?
    By MrPotatoHead in forum So. Cal. Restaurant Reviews
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 12:42 PM
  2. [Question] Rainforest cafe
    By kari12177 in forum So. Cal. Restaurant Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 12:05 PM
  3. Rainforest Cafe
    By abarry90 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 11:17 AM
  4. Check out the Rainforest Cafe!
    By _blackbeltsrule123 in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 07:01 PM
  5. Save the Rainforest Quest
    By danceguest in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 02:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •